POD Suggestions *PLEASE READ FIRST PAGE FOR RULES*

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
POD Suggestions *PLEASE READ FIRST PAGE FOR RULES*
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2015 at 0:51 Quote
Right, we're going to resurrect the POD suggestions thread for you to post the photos you think should be considered as POD.

There will be some ground rules:

- Please only post one or two photos at a time - we want the very best for POD, so just post your favourites
- If you are posting your own photo please state whether you would like feedback - I will only comment on a photo where the photographer has asked for my opinion
- If it's not your photo you are posting I will not comment on it, it will be considered, but if the photographer hasn't asked for feedback on the image then I will not pass comment on it
- The POD queue is more than a month long usually, so don't expect an image to appear as POD immediately after you have suggested it
- Don't waste our time - blurry cameraphone photos will not be selected for POD

Please note - I am busy, I travel a lot. This means you probably won't get an instant reply, but if you have patience, I will try to reply to everyone who makes a sensible post in this thread.

Before you post an image here, please read my tips on getting a POD:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/11-steps-to-getting-pod-2014.html

And for those who don't have time to got through that, keep point 11 in mind:

bigquotes11. Just because you like a shot, doesn't mean we will: It's a great feeling to come back from shooting, download your photos from your camera and feel like you got the one. If you don't get off on that moment, there's probably not much future for you as a photographer. You'd have to be a bitter soul to want to take that joy away from someone. But PODs are supposed to be about the best photography we can find, and just because you're excited about your shot doesn't mean we're going to be. By all means send it in, but if we come back to you and say it's not made the cut, don't let that take away from your enjoyment of shooting, or your determination to take good photos. You need to remember that sending your photos to someone whose job it is to make decisions about photos is very different to showing it to your family and friends. Hopefully your friends are trying to be positive and supportive as you pursue a passion, whereas someone who selects photos for a job will have a set of criteria your photo will be judged against. Every single photographer you look up to right now will have had shots rejected at one time or another, whether its by art editors, clients or competitions. It's part of being a photographer. Yes, it sucks, but it's how you deal with that rejection that determines your future. If you get angry and call the guy who said no a dick, don't expect them to be kind to your work in future. If you ask yourself (or even the person who said no) what can you do better next time, how can you get a photo to that standard, then you're going in the right direction.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
Here is a POD suggestion. I am the photographer and would like feedback on this photo. Thank you.
Whistler Crankworx main event- Red Bull Joyride.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 0:24 Quote
danalbert wrote:
Here is a POD suggestion. I am the photographer and would like feedback on this photo. Thank you.

Dan, that's a solid shot that wouldn't look out of place in one of our event reports. As a POD, I don't think this time I'm afraid - the main thing that counts against you is that its Crankworx - it's a subject that we see a lot of shots of, so it's hard to get something that stands out. Looking at your work, I actually prefer this shot a lot more: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11525513 It's a bit dark and I can see where you have lightened the rider, there is an obvious halo around him, but it's a perspective/style of shot I have never seen from Crabapple hits before - if you re-processed it I would be very interested to see it. You're close man, keep up the good work.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
These stand out, even more so because @mslager hasn't gotten a ton of recognition and he shoots all self-shots with a timer.

self shot

self shot in the bluebells re-edited.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
I agree. mslager definitely needs some more recognition!

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 4:58 Quote
Cheers for the suggestions guys.

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 21:48 Quote
For sheer radness:
photo
And stunning scenery:
2014 Recap.
(this guy has some other good ones too)

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 1:46 Quote
I'm not sure we can have a helmetless BMX rider as POD! I think it may not go down well in some corners. As for Jakko's work, I'm already following him and have given him at least one POD (I think more, but don't quote me on that) as he does indeed have some fantastic work in his profile.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 8:18 Quote
Awww man I was too stoked on the picture and I didn't even notice!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 4:50 Quote
With the new World Cup season coming up i thought these photos might be appropriate to build a little hype up for the WC. Took both the photos myself and I would love to hear your opinion on them.
 Liam Moss - Bernardo Cruz Fort William davetrumpore
Bernardo Cruz
Hafjell World Champs www.facebook.com MOSSMEDIAHOUSE
Wyn Masters at Hafjell

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
@mossa Cracking stuff - I don't think either would look too far out of place in our WC coverage. They are really nicely processed I like wide angle lens pans like the top shot - although I think shooting that from below loses a little of the movement from the shot. As for the lower shot, that's lovely, there's something about the composition I find very pleasing - very geomatric and good action to cap it all off. The only slight thing I could pick at would be the tape in the top right, which slightly takes away from the composition, but that's how race photography goes a lot of the time. I'd keep an eye on the PODs over the next month or so if I were you.

Posted: Mar 28, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
POD suggestion:
Photographer: Molly Wiggins (not currently a PB user)
Rider: Myself, Shaun Woerner
Trail location: Beech Mountain Resort, North Carolina. U.S.
Photo credit Molly Wiggins

Posted: Mar 28, 2015 at 16:23 Quote
whipping the hip

This is a shot from a few years ago riding in California. The rider is myself, Ryan Marquez, and the photographer was a friend of a friend and his name escapes me. However, I was given permission to do as I like with pictures we got! I know its not perfect (i.e. power lines and a little tall grass) but thanks for looking Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041488
Mobile Version of Website