Powered by Outside

2016 Troy -- 160mm

PB Forum :: Devinci
2016 Troy -- 160mm
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 6:44 Quote
Thinking of running the Pike at 160mm. Anyone done this or have thoughts on how it rides?

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 12:22 Quote
I did it and liked the slacker head angle, but it raised the bottom bracket a bit. If you do raise your fork, consider installing an offset shock bushing to lower the BB back down and slacken things a bit more. I did, and the thing rips on descents now. I feel they should come like this stock.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 19:03 Quote
How is this working out for folks who have done it? Is it as simple as changing the air shaft on the pike? What offset shock bushings did you use?

Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 1:07 Quote
justinbrewster wrote:
How is this working out for folks who have done it? Is it as simple as changing the air shaft on the pike? What offset shock bushings did you use?

I'm enjoying mine. The idea for the offset bushing sounds like a good idea too. My troy came with the Dual position fork. it was a simple swap of a $45 part.

Edit:
I just ordered the offset bushings. looking forward to raking out the front a tad more and getting the BB back down a tad.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 18:49 Quote
AarontCO wrote:
I did it and liked the slacker head angle, but it raised the bottom bracket a bit. If you do raise your fork, consider installing an offset shock bushing to lower the BB back down and slacken things a bit more. I did, and the thing rips on descents now. I feel they should come like this stock.

Sweet! Would you mind posting a link to that bushing?

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 8:47 Quote
mgillign wrote:
AarontCO wrote:

Sweet! Would you mind posting a link to that bushing?

www.offsetbushings.com - no part to select, just enter your model details in the box provided and we'll get them made up for you!

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 22:29 Quote
fronthole wrote:
justinbrewster wrote:

I'm enjoying mine. The idea for the offset bushing sounds like a good idea too. My troy came with the Dual position fork. it was a simple swap of a $45 part.

Edit:
I just ordered the offset bushings. looking forward to raking out the front a tad more and getting the BB back down a tad.

How did that end up working for you? I want to do that to mine but I'm curious about the weight bias as well as the head angle and BB height. I might go 160mm Lyrik because they have a shorter offset and offset bushings in both eyelets. But I'd like to know how yours came out before I pull the trigger.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
I raised my pike from 150 to 160 and wouldnt look back. Best upgrade u can do for this bike. The thing climbs like a mtn goat and decents without any limits.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 19:19 Quote
I just ordered a Troy carbon frame. I am going to run a 160mm fork and a 1 degree angle headset, giving the bike ~65.3 degree head angle judging by this site:

http://bikegeo.muha.cc/

I'm also going to run a DVO shock and We Are One carbon wheels.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 19:43 Quote
Awesome man. I dont know if u need to run the angleset. Try just the bumped fork to start. I have been running mine at 160 without an angleset and the thing is unstoppable, and i ude a lot of north shore trails from fast and flowy to steep and super techy. Worth a try before the angleset install or cost.

U going to go dvo air or coil out back?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 21:15 Quote
DVO air shock, DVO fork.

I like my bikes long and slack, and I'd like to make this bike more 'enduro' like, if you know what I mean. My last bike was an Xprezo Adhoc which had similar numbers to this bike, but it was slightly slacker and longer, stock.

I was originally looking at a Bronson 2 but it was much, much more money. I've been reading that the Troy rides 'bigger' than its travel suggests. Perfect.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
Oh that it does for sure. Hopefully the new suspension does u good! Enjoy man!

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
I tried running a 1° Works Components Angleset in mine but didn't like the handling unless it was pointed down. I'm back to stock and getting rid of the Angleset.

Props to running an Angleset and a 160 fork. Slack all the things!

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
2016 Devinci TROY Carbon
160mm Pikes
1 Degree works angle set
1 set Burgtec offset bushings

Came from a Spartan and this does everything the Spartan did but also allows you to pedal it uphill!!!

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013029
Mobile Version of Website