Powered by Outside

Avid brakes Compalint.

PB Forum :: SRAM
Avid brakes Compalint.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
Please avid, make a brake that works!

I swear every Avid i own sucks dick.

Avid juicy 7s, Wank. I could of used my feet to slow my down faster, I weigh next to nothing and they just sucked. Pad adjust is just there to make the lever look pretty.

Codes, could they make a brake that makes any more noise? And i swear my rear has the same amount of power as a small hamster using it's teeth to slow me down. it just squeals and screams. the fronts not hugely better.

I've put new pads in both set of brakes. Oh yeh, Organic pads in Codes. Smart move avid. in the UK they wear down faster than you can say Avidgivememymoneyback.

Sick of Avids. Anyone want a set of Codes..

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
3ven wrote:
Sick of Avids. Anyone want a set of Codes..
ill have them for free?

u must hate avid lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
i'll gladly take your codesSmile

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
You must suck at setting up Avids... I've had BB5's, Juicy 5s, 7's and they have all worked perfectly as long as they are set up correctly

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
Wow, theres a lot of hatred towards Avid here. Are you sure you are setting them up right? I have codes, and my older brother has juicy 7's, and they seem to work fine. I will admit, my rear code sounds like im trying to stop a freight train, and the adjuster on the Juicy 7 might as well be none existant due to how much it has to be turned to get an adjustment. Other than that, ive had no problems.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
Whoa whoa. I'll take them!!

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
jondurham wrote:
You must suck at setting up Avids... I've had BB5's, Juicy 5s, 7's and they have all worked perfectly as long as they are set up correctly

i second that

avid FTW and you suck ass at setting up bikes for you just give it to your LBS

and they arnt even that hard to set up

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
street55dirt wrote:
jondurham wrote:

i second that

avid FTW and you suck ass at setting up bikes for you just give it to your LBS

and they arnt even that hard to set up
true, my juicy 7 was the first hydro brake i ever set up and it still works perfectly and has need no adjustment at all. i love it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
I've heard a lot of complaints with avid hydraulics. Maybe they deserve it, maybe not. All I know is that BB7s are the ONLY way to go for street/dj discs.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
I've got Avid juicy carbons. Stronger than both my Mag and HFX Nine. Lighter, look better, and more adjustment, as well as a better feel at the lever.

Avid > Hayes.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I've got Avid juicy carbons. Stronger than both my Mag and HFX Nine. Lighter, look better, and more adjustment, as well as a better feel at the lever.

Avid > Hayes.
AMEN...and i'm an atheist.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
Wow look at this guy.

Go here: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1719415/

To his picture and in his description it says that Codes are really good brakes.
And he also commented that Codes are the best brakes that he has ever owned,

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
He might have thought that before he really got them out for a ride.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
He might have thought that before he really got them out for a ride.
the "shudder" could also be the fact that konas suspension..... let's not get into that, sorry.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010523
Mobile Version of Website