Powered by Outside

Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
because all the price of USED bike are crazy high, people saying it a top level bike with entry level deore parts.

so I ask "does anybody actually sell anything on here?"

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
knischewsky0 wrote:
because all the price of USED bike are crazy high, people saying it a top level bike with entry level deore parts.

so I ask "does anybody actually sell anything on here?"

I've bought and sold a few small parts here and there but I agree that most of the used bikes, frames, wheels and suspension parts on Pinkbike are very overpriced for used. I also would be interested to know if anyone buys or sells these anywhere near their asking price.

As far as I'm concerned, as soon as you ride your bike, frame or other major part, you just cut 50% from it's new retail price and that is if it doesn't have any scratches or marks. I'd rather buy some major part new with a warranty rather than risk buying used, especially if it's sight unseen so there better be a substantial discount for taking the risk of buying online.

The funny thing is I often see major new parts on sale at Chain Reaction or Jenson for the same or less than some people are trying to flog their used equipment on Pinkbike.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
Try offering less than asking price. You just might get it for what you want to pay...just a tip for buying used gear.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
Just message the seller and work it out. I just sold my Kona Precept on here about two months ago, and all went fine. I guess I'm not too sure what you're asking...? If you're searching for last year's model, its obviously going to carry some value.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
You gotta hunt for the deals, not everyone is going to list their stuff at a price people are willing to pay. I bought my main ride off of here from a bike shop for about 800$ less than private sellers were asking for. Those people selling for a few hundred below retail just don't get it.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:57 Quote
I've sold and bought tons of bikes from here over the years. Sold two bikes in the last month and got an incredible deal on a 2017.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 4:10 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
You gotta hunt for the deals, not everyone is going to list their stuff at a price people are willing to pay. I bought my main ride off of here from a bike shop for about 800$ less than private sellers were asking for. Those people selling for a few hundred below retail just don't get it.

Yeah there's a lot of folk not taking into consideration the fact that their bikes / frames aren't covered by a warranty anymore and that alone would put me off paying anywhere close to new prices.

I also think that a lot of sellers are not doing any research before posting. Why would I pay £2100 for a second hand frame and fork combo when I can pick up a new complete bike for £2700 (just one of the examples I spotted recently). Just because you paid £4500 for it 18 months ago does not mean you can command big money come sale time, especially when shops are continually discounting remaining stock.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 5:09 Quote
Depends realy - if I have to replace my frame the cheapest I have found to have made in steel is £800 going upto £1.5k because it's a 24" frame. Bike is insured for 2.5k because the frame is no longer made & to replace my bike the frame will have to be hand made.

Some stuff is overpriced on here but I would love to pick up a decent bike but being 7ft 1" I can't walk into a shop & say oooooh I will have that one thank you

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 5:54 Quote
My favorite is when they try to charge a premium for a new chain and tires. You don't get extra credit for doing basic maintenance.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
For big items like frames, forks, wheelset, shocks I've found the buy and sell awesome.

For all these used parts though, they are super overpriced. You can go online anywhere and find better prices for brand new goods.

I just list everything I want to get rid of for super cheap, or just give it away. Not worth the hassle to be honest.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 9:04 Quote
I've only ever bought 1 rim from pinkbike. It was listed as brand new. When I got the rim, you could see dirt around the eyelets and the spoke holes were slightly bent from tightening (so obviously used before)

And to top it off, he put a coin in the packaging with the rim???? When I unwrapped it, the rim was scratched to f*ck.

Go for ebay. Much better.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
I have sold plenty of bikes over the years.check out my photo album.I have also bought many bikes on P.B.I buy local and sell local.never once had a complaint or complained over something bought or sold.buying local gives u the opportunity to inspect what ur buying and or test ride!I think I have 25 or so followers that will agree with me.I would strongly suggest u check a person profile out before u contact them.also I would never buy anything sight Un seen.just like every buy and sell ,there r some people trying to dump old beat up crap and over priced stuff.don't be shy make ur offer.......but don't get upset when ur told no or don't like the counter offer.
Happy trails everyone....and remember don't ride the Don when its muddy!!!!fixing the damage is back breaking!
Peter M

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
I have sold two bikes on here... 1 sold withing 24 hours. I have also bought a bike, 2 sets of bars on here... Maybe the Uk sellers are more reasonable?

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
My favorite is when they try to charge a premium for a new chain and tires. You don't get extra credit for doing basic maintenance.
It is a chain and tires less u have to buy.when I post a bike for sale ,I search the same bike for sale and price according to the market value.e.I what the same bike is selling for in my area.for a bike that's in new condition I take the original sale price and cut in in half then ad a couple hundred for hagglers.check out my items for sale and offer some advice.I would love the feed back.as I have a few bikes to post ......no sense posting a bike with what is considered to be over priced!parting bikes out,almost always get u a bit more return then selling complete.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
Pinkbike prices are often highly overpriced. I think it is because people know that they likely won't get the exact amount they are looking for and their buyer will offer a lower price. Hence, posted price is often significantly higher than what they actually want to sell it for. Then, people will check the pinkbike ads to see what their bike is roughly worth, and think they should be getting $5000 when really they're likely to get offers of $3500.

I have two bikes posted right now and I'm fully expecting somebody to make me an offer and we'll find some middle ground. Kinda the way it works in the used bike game.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013468
Mobile Version of Website