Powered by Outside

Formula Hub Caps

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Formula Hub Caps
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
I have a set of wheels from a Kona Process 153. They are the OEM setup with what I believe is the OEM version of the DC-711 hubs. Because the bike came with a Rock Shox Fork on it, these wheels have the SRAM Torque caps, however, I would like to convert them to be compatible with my Fox fork. Does anyone know where to source new caps for these hubs? I have talked to a couple LBS's with no luck and made multiple attempts are contacting Formula with no luck. I see a lot of cap conversion kits for different hub manufacturers but nothing for Formula. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Andrew

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 0:37 Quote
I have this exact issue for my new process - any answers would be appreciated

FL
Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
Did either of you find an answer to this? I emailed Formula directly, but have yet to get a response.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
Anyone get any answers from formula. I'm in the same boat.

FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
Unfortunately no answer

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
I actually got a call back from Kona headquarters today and they said they get this question a lot. They gave me a part number for a set of end caps for converting Salsa fat bike wheels to 142mm front spacing. If you Google part # hu8880, it brings up a dozen or so places that sell them for $24.00

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
Has anyone ordered these? Did they resolve the issue?

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
I am now in the SAME boat w/an Intense ACV I got. Contacted Intense because the RS fork is crap & I wanted to put my Ohlins RXF fork on it instead. Good luck "contacting" Formula that makes these hubs for Intense who, in turn, puts their name on them. I am so frustrated w/ this BS. Formula doesn't even offer a phone number & I had to fill out a questionnaire & wait some more & pray for a return email which will of course never be received so I am done w/ them completely. These hubs will be removed & rebuilt w/ Kings which I should have initially done anyway. That is all.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
I'm in the same boat.. I googled part number hu8880 and it took me to salsa end caps on ebay I've done a little rough measuring and ordered some off Ebay £20 I will be back in few days with results

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
MrFish1974 wrote:
I'm in the same boat.. I googled part number hu8880 and it took me to salsa end caps on ebay I've done a little rough measuring and ordered some off Ebay £20 I will be back in few days with results
WELL THERE HERE AND THEY FIT PERFECT....

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
Hotsparky5757 wrote:
I actually got a call back from Kona headquarters today and they said they get this question a lot. They gave me a part number for a set of end caps for converting Salsa fat bike wheels to 142mm front spacing. If you Google part # hu8880, it brings up a dozen or so places that sell them for $24.00

They fit perfect I paid £20 on ebay in the uk came today and perfect.... thanks for sharing the part number saved me getting out the grinder....

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
reilly wrote:
Unfortunately no answer

I had a different question for Formula for a different bike but still got the same result: No reply from Formula. Frustrating.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Literally everyone is sold out of these. Is there another one that anyone knows of that will fit?

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
Amplifide wrote:
Literally everyone is sold out of these. Is there another one that anyone knows of that will fit?

Believe these should work: https://thelostco.com/products/formula-hub-parts-110x15mm-non-torque-conversion-caps

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
https://konaparts.com/?filter_part-type=hub-parts

available here

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021343
Mobile Version of Website