Powered by Outside

Anyone know of a company that makes a ZS49/ZS56 reach adjust headset?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Anyone know of a company that makes a ZS49/ZS56 reach adjust headset?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Anyone know of a company that makes a ZS49/ZS56 reach adjust headset? I called YT and they confirmed this is the headset standard of the new YT Tues 29er. Not interested in an angle set because I only want to decrease my reach and decrease the front center of the wheelbase. I have attempted to contact Works Components several times but have received no response which is disappointing. I assume they make something that works because Gwin was using their reach adjust headsets for his Tues. Works Components sells a EC49/ZS56 reach adjust headset but it is my understanding the EC49 and ZS49 does not interchange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
jcg2 wrote:
Anyone know of a company that makes a ZS49/ZS56 reach adjust headset? I called YT and they confirmed this is the headset standard of the new YT Tues 29er. Not interested in an angle set because I only want to decrease my reach and decrease the front center of the wheelbase. I have attempted to contact Works Components several times but have received no response which is disappointing. I assume they make something that works because Gwin was using their reach adjust headsets for his Tues. Works Components sells a EC49/ZS56 reach adjust headset but it is my understanding the EC49 and ZS49 does not interchange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that Works Components does sell a ZS49/ZS56 Angle adjust headset but again I do not want to change the head tube angle. I only want to decrease my reach and decrease the front center of the wheelbase. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
I was looking for the same thing so I emailed works. From what they said there simply isn’t enough room in a 49mm headtube to make any meaningful reach changes.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
Then how was Gwin running a reach adjust headset?

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
I don't know if their products are available to the public, but have a look at Chris King Buzzworks. They manufacture special/specific requirement headsets.

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 5:28 Quote
It wasn't a ZS49 headcup at the top of his frame, but an EC49. On a ZS49 cup, you might win 2mm of reach maybe? Then the cup walls become too thin.

EC49 and ZS49 headsets fit in the same headtube, 49mm of internal diameter, but the EC (for external cup) allows for a bit more adjustability than a ZS (for zero stack) could.

And for example Works Component does a EC49 ZS56 headset (as I'm sure some other brands do). That said if you are limited in steerer length, and can't fit the extra 15mm the EC49 will be over a ZS49 cup, not much you can do.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
yes the ec49 is what you need,
If you have any spacers under your stem, this will take the place of one of them.
If you don't have any spacers, your going to raise your bars 5 or 10mm, and you could get a different stem if you had to.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
It wasn't a ZS49 headcup at the top of his frame, but an EC49. On a ZS49 cup, you might win 2mm of reach maybe? Then the cup walls become too thin.

EC49 and ZS49 headsets fit in the same headtube, 49mm of internal diameter, but the EC (for external cup) allows for a bit more adjustability than a ZS (for zero stack) could.

And for example Works Component does a EC49 ZS56 headset (as I'm sure some other brands do). That said if you are limited in steerer length, and can't fit the extra 15mm the EC49 will be over a ZS49 cup, not much you can do.

Thank you for this information! Been trying to get this answered by sending Works Components several emails but no response. I wish there customer service was as spot on as their products. However, they probably are busy this time of year with getting the WC guys dialed in so I understand. Thanks again.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
englertracing wrote:
yes the ec49 is what you need,
If you have any spacers under your stem, this will take the place of one of them.
If you don't have any spacers, your going to raise your bars 5 or 10mm, and you could get a different stem if you had to.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
Reverse habe one Reach Set. 6mm

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
I bought ZS56 EC49 Works Components for my 2019 XL Tues and if fits perfectly !
No problem with lenght of steerer tube because original Acros has a spacer on the top.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
simon03 wrote:
No problem with lenght of steerer tube because original Acros has a spacer on the top.

How much were You able to adjust reach with it, is it the 6mm one?
I'm looking to get one for my 2019 Tues Pro 29" X-Long, but Reverse, Works or Chris King are not answering my emails.
I'm not home and can't take measurements to make sure that the Works one will fit nicely.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
Are you having a reach issue or is the wheelbase too long?

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Are you having a reach issue or is the wheelbase too long?

I just want to have a longer reach.
Also will need to find someone who can sell direct mount stem spacers, as it seems like nobody has those in stock.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Tap1oscar wrote:
simon03 wrote:

How much were You able to adjust reach with it, is it the 6mm one?
I'm looking to get one for my 2019 Tues Pro 29" X-Long, but Reverse, Works or Chris King are not answering my emails.
I'm not home and can't take measurements to make sure that the Works one will fit nicely.

Yes it is the 6mm one.
How tall are you ?
I m 6 ft 5 with xl 29 yt cf pro race, 6mm reach adjuster, funn stem with 35 mm rise and 40mm rise renthal fatbar.

For direct stem spacer, have you check on ti.springs ? I use a 10mm ti springs spacer according to the track.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013523
Mobile Version of Website