Powered by Outside

Zeb settings

• Previous Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 0:46 Quote
How are people setting up their Zeb forks? Higher or lower pressures than recommended? Lsc?

I had my first ride yesterday on my new bike with a zeb ultimate and it seemed to dive more than my previous bike with lyrik rct3 did. The LSC dial doesn't seem to have a significant effect

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
I ‘was’ running it at suggested psi (54) for my weight (160lbs) but bottomed out hard yesterday. Have upped it to 56 psi and will see if that helps. If not, may add another token (currently stock with 1). Coming off a Fox Factory 36 I was surprised at how much less air the fork requires - was running 68-70 psi on the Fox.

I agree they the LSC doesn’t seem to be as sensitive as I would’ve thought, same goes for the rebound. I usually leave HSC pretty open.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
yale986 wrote:
I ‘was’ running it at suggested psi (54) for my weight (160lbs) but bottomed out hard yesterday. Have upped it to 56 psi and will see if that helps. If not, may add another token (currently stock with 1). Coming off a Fox Factory 36 I was surprised at how much less air the fork requires - was running 68-70 psi on the Fox.

I agree they the LSC doesn’t seem to be as sensitive as I would’ve thought, same goes for the rebound. I usually leave HSC pretty open.

I'm now growing to like it, but Rockshox's recommended settings were way off for me as I have a fairly unique setup and ride the front of the bike hard on a bike that's a bit short for me (personal preference as a freerider).

The app recommends I need 64psi - my sweet spot seems to be at 83psi, 2 volume spacers, and between 6-8 clicks of LSC depending on the trail, 0 clicks of HSC (still experimenting here). Now that I'm sprung correctly I can feel the effects of each click of the dials.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 22:09 Quote
liamhutch89 wrote:
yale986 wrote:

I'm now growing to like it, but Rockshox's recommended settings were way off for me as I have a fairly unique setup and ride the front of the bike hard on a bike that's a bit short for me (personal preference as a freerider).

The app recommends I need 64psi - my sweet spot seems to be at 83psi, 2 volume spacers, and between 6-8 clicks of LSC depending on the trail, 0 clicks of HSC (still experimenting here). Now that I'm sprung correctly I can feel the effects of each click of the dials.

Hoping to get out for a test ride this weekend. That seems to be a huge delta between recommended and your current setup but hey, letting the trails and your ride preference/style point the way is always a good thing! What app do you use for suspension tuning recommendations? I just went by what RS recommended https://bit.ly/3ktLle7

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Hey guys,

I have ust installed a Zeb Ultimate on my bike. I have yet to test it on the trails but, I have a question: how many clicks of HSC do you have on your Zebs? I can only count 4 clicks of HSC on mine. Is this normal?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
My Zeb Ultimate has 4 clicks HSC.

I'm still playing around with the settings but here is where I'm at right now.
170mm 29er
riding weight with gear 210lbs
67 psi (rockshox recommends 74
Sag 23%
no tokens ( came stock with one )
Rebound 9 clicks out from closed( I prefer a fast rebound )
LSC 5 from open
HSC open
Feels really good but still haven't bottomed out but pretty close

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
broccolirob wrote:
My Zeb Ultimate has 4 clicks HSC.

Thanks for the reply. Smile

I'll play with my settings and will report back once I have a couple of rides on it.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 23:42 Quote
The app recommends I need 64psi - my sweet spot seems to be at 83psi, 2 volume spacers, and between 6-8 clicks of LSC depending on the trail, 0 clicks of HSC (still experimenting here). Now that I'm sprung correctly I can feel the effects of each click of the dials.[/Quote]

Exactly the same for me, 83psi at 82kg.
Otherwise it is so soft up front.
You still at that setup?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
benkerslake wrote:

You still at that setup?

im 97kg geared and im down at 72psi with 1 token... its def not too soft haha
The other guy above is even lower PSI and is about same weight.

If you need 83psi at 82kg then something is wrong.*
*83 in mine and all my weight on front is like 10% sag lol

FL
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
Why do you run 2 tokens?
Am about the same weight have zero tokens in it and 57 psi and never bottoming out.

benkerslake wrote:

You still at that setup?[/Quote]

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 1:57 Quote
I’m around 83-84kg with gear
Recommendations on rockshox app saying around the 63 PSI and -8 clicks of rebound from closed
Found this pretty firm so have dropped it to around 56-57PSI and left at the same rebound recommendations but still need to get out on it to see what that’s like.
As for LSC and HSC not sure where to even start with that one …

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
I’m about 78 kg and riding a 2020 Norco Sight 29. I was running the Zeb at 160 for a while and settled on 65 psi and 1 token and between 1 and 2 clicks of HSC from open, and LSC somewhere a couple clicks from open. This setup felt fairly firm and stayed high in its travel, giving a lot to push against.

I recently put the fork up to 170 to try that out. I started with 60 psi and 1 token and the feel was similar to 160 at 65 psi, riding fairly tall and firm. But the front end felt too high.

I’m now trying 55 psi with the one token, which is what is recommended by Norco’s pretty comprehensive bike setup guide (using fork settings for the new Range C2). It’s softer than I would have expected to go, but the front end ride height now feels good and I am not bottoming hard. I may experiment with one more token to see what that feels like, and also try 1-2 psi more to see if I can get a little more mid-stroke support without having things feel too tall.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
Some wild and varied settings in amongst this thread, especially running them at 85psi, not unless you’re the size of a house !
I agree with you DMal. I was running mine at 170 with 65psi and even with the HSC all the way off they were just too harsh. I dropped them to 57.5 out on the trail and instantly found them to be better but they were blowing through the travel a bit. I’ve now put another token in so I’m running them with 2 and set them at 55psi, so they should feel more subtle but not blow through as quick. I’d set the rebound at 9 clicks and then sped them up out on the trail but ended up winding them back in because I was pinging off things.
Interestingly my sag in still under 30% according to the gauge on the fork but not far off now I’ve dropped the pressure which by rights should be a good indication you’ve got them right.
I don’t know anyone else that runs a fork at 85psi !

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
Excitable1 wrote:
Some wild and varied settings in amongst this thread, especially running them at 85psi, not unless you’re the size of a house !
I agree with you DMal. I was running mine at 170 with 65psi and even with the HSC all the way off they were just too harsh. I dropped them to 57.5 out on the trail and instantly found them to be better but they were blowing through the travel a bit. I’ve now put another token in so I’m running them with 2 and set them at 55psi, so they should feel more subtle but not blow through as quick. I’d set the rebound at 9 clicks and then sped them up out on the trail but ended up winding them back in because I was pinging off things.
Interestingly my sag in still under 30% according to the gauge on the fork but not far off now I’ve dropped the pressure which by yrights should be a good indication you’ve got them right.
I don’t know anyone else that runs a fork at 85psi !

How much do you weigh?

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 3:16 Quote
Fully kitted up around 79kg/175lbs, so about the same as you.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010619
Mobile Version of Website