Powered by Outside

Lawsuit for warranty issues

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Lawsuit for warranty issues
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
Hey y’all. So I cracked my chainstay back in September and was told 6-10 weeks and we are good to go. Well now 5 months in and absolutely no answer other than sorry it’s up to YTG.

I know MANY others are having to issue with the non existent customer service on this part. So I am just curious is anyone knows what sort of legal action can be taken. Can we all get together and sue YT for breach of contract in regards to their warranty that they agree to when the bike was purchased. I really don’t want to do that and I’m not usually this type of person but I feel I have no where else to turn other than calling it a wash and just owning a broken bike and being out $4000.

So anyone know if this is even a possibility?

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
post on their FB, message their FB, reply to all their posts, put the pressure on and get it out there you've been waiting 5 months. you need to exhaust every option before going the legal row.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
Unfortunately I have done this for the last two months. I’ve gotten one response so far but per usual not helpful. Hopefully I can at least deter people from such a shitty company. Such a bummer. The bike is absolutely amazing but they truly don’t seem to have a warranty department that does anything.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
Somebody on another thread said they filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which got YT's attention. Not sure if you are in the states though.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Lawsuit????????????????????????. Supply chain issues that’s it ... they are not a shitty company it’s just how the bike industry is now with covid and brexit ...

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
530220 wrote:
Lawsuit????????????????????????. Supply chain issues that’s it ... they are not a shitty company it’s just how the bike industry is now with covid and brexit ...

supply chain issues... what a perfect excuse for no customer service...

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
530220 wrote:

supply chain issues... what a perfect excuse for no customer service...

Clearly you have zero clue what’s happening ... if they don’t have the parts what would you like them to do ? I suggest watching the ceo of Santa Cruz bikes interview . It explains a lot

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
I thought he was complaining about the LACK of communication which YT is known for...
P.s if they have no parts, tell the poor customer that.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
My buddy has been waiting on his 2020 Capra rear triangle (chainstays specifically), for 6 months too :/.. Unfortunately it does sound like an inventory/supply issue. But that doesn't excuse customer service. If you aren't able to get parts to paying customer(s), you should try and pick up the slack a bit in the CS department I would think? I really hope they can get everyone sorted real soon, we all just want to ride. Smile And when purchasing a new bike most of us do it with the assurance of the warranty behind it. So if they're having troubles with supply and are making people wait. They should at least make you feel like a valued customer while you wait, rather than not hearing back. :/

I mean it is customer service, so service the customer. Razz

Anyways, I would recommend holding out and as someone else said: Exhaust all other avenues first.
I really hope they get everyone sorted so we can all ride again, We all just want to ride, that's why we're on here Big Grin .
Shreddy when Ready my friend! And I hope that is very soon! YEEHAWWW!!! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
what I will say is if warranty is really high on the list I would never go with direct buy. All the smaller companies seem to not have the best warranty service .. I would buy specialized. Santa Cruz Kona big brand etc ... everyone that I know that have those brands and have any questionable warranty issues they are shipped a new frame ASAP with very little hassle

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
530220 wrote:
what I will say is if warranty is really high on the list I would never go with direct buy. All the smaller companies seem to not have the best warranty service .. I would buy specialized. Santa Cruz Kona big brand etc ... everyone that I know that have those brands and have any questionable warranty issues they are shipped a new frame ASAP with very little hassle

Santa Cruz especially ^
Their slogan is something like "No missed rides", I like the sounds of that!
I've heard good things about them dealing with warranties.
I've also heard they do free lifetime bearing replacements for their bikes? I can't confirm if it's true or not, but if so it's another good selling point. Whenever I have to replace pivot bearings in my bike, the bearing kits are so expensive 6 bearings is like $120-$140CAD, it's a lot for bearings.. Razz

So if they do in fact, offer free lifetime bearing replacements that's awesome! Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
According to a lot of mechanics there is a reason they give you lifetime bearings .. yes it’s true . I know two people
With sc bikes and they cracked their frames . Both were sent new frames within a week ... although sc has their own plant in China where I think a lot of companies source it out .. so I think that helps with their warranty

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
legal action is likely going to be extremely cost prohibitive. You are going to spend more than the cost of the bike perusing it.

If the issue is simply supply chain, you will need to wait it out. Legal proceedings wont hasten production. the best bet is to work with them, get them to approve the warranty and replacement in writing and wait for the parts to be made. once you have that reassurance, you can buy another frame from a different manufacture, swap the parts over and when your replacement comes in sell it.

sucks, but thats still going to be cheaper and faster than litigation.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
Lmarshall30 wrote:
Hey y’all. So I cracked my chainstay back in September and was told 6-10 weeks and we are good to go. Well now 5 months in and absolutely no answer other than sorry it’s up to YTG.

I know MANY others are having to issue with the non existent customer service on this part. So I am just curious is anyone knows what sort of legal action can be taken. Can we all get together and sue YT for breach of contract in regards to their warranty that they agree to when the bike was purchased. I really don’t want to do that and I’m not usually this type of person but I feel I have no where else to turn other than calling it a wash and just owning a broken bike and being out $4000.

So anyone know if this is even a possibility?

Another option is to start a thread on PB claiming that YT are Nazi's. That oughtta get their attention! Wink

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
Hey thanks for all of the input. If it’s a supply chain issue then I sure wish they would at least tell me this and actually explain what’s going on. Maybe I’d understand a little more than the continuous “waiting on YTG no estimate on a time at all” emails.

Am going to continue blowing up their social media and definitely submit a claim with the BBB of what’s going on.

I’m in Colorado and it’s winter here so I’m really not to worried about getting it until April. But sure hope they could make this right after 7 months with no part. Hope they can get their shit together.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010009
Mobile Version of Website