Powered by Outside

2021 fox x2 air blown up

• Previous Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
another blown up low hour X2 Fox air shock. They will not warrenty so i bought a DVO
So sick of foxes new crappy shocks...this is the 3rd local bad one

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
kawin20 wrote:
another blown up low hour X2 Fox air shock. They will not warrenty so i bought a DVO
So sick of foxes new crappy shocks...this is the 3rd local bad one

Why isn't the shop you bought it from helping you deal with Fox to get it covered?

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Same here. I bought a 2021 Float X2 last winter and have blown the shock three or four times this season. It’s been so frequent I can’t even remember how many times it’s been. Each time I send it off for repair I will get it back and blow the shock within one day of riding it.

The seal on the bleed screw keeps popping out on hard compressions and the shock will spew it’s guts.

The suspension repair company I work with tells me they have seen this on quite a few new Float X2s.

So Fox won’t warranty your shock? How is yours breaking?

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
blew out all the oil while riding!!!
fox tried to calculate my riding hours on it and said it was over 125 hours even though I have a bunch of bikes and did not ride during the winter.
So I bought DVO shock!!!! going to shelf the fox

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
Bummer! That’s exactly what happened with me. Check the front of the shock. There is a small screw that might have a rubber gasket protruding out. That’s was the source of failure each time for me.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
ok thanks will ck it out

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
so I just got home My brand new DVO came in 2 days from California I'm in Connecticut talk about service!!!!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
I have blown up 4 x2 shocks. They're an issue. I stopped getting them fixed and moved on to an EXT. I wish I did this 3 x2's back. No issues and rides great. I feel like anything but an x2 is the move.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
just rode my new DVO.......so much better!!!!!!
even better with the progressive spring

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
so I rode the bike a couple times and I decided to go with the lighter weight spring....I emailed DVO they sent one right out to me paid for shipping for the return spring as well.Great customer service always wins!!!

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
What Ramvet said. I was killing x2s and I only weigh 145.

Moved to an ext storia and WOW. Ill probably have one for every rig I own. Its impressive. If you are near slc you can demo one.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
For those of you who are blowing up X2s, I have a couple of questions:
1) Was it eyelet or trunnion mount? (the bleed screw design appears to be different?)
2) Was it the same unit each time or a different one?
3) What were your HSC, LSC and climb switch settings?
4) I assume this affects only the damper and not the spring?

Cheers
A nervous 2021 X2 owner

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
Ive had 3 die on me, all eyelets. Two, the seals went and they started leaking damper fluid in to the air chamber. One cracked between the eyelet and compression adjuster. On all of them I ran lots of compression and rebound, high air pressure and volume reducers. I was always messing w settings because in 20 months I went through 3 shocks. I got to the point where i had 2. This way i had a back up. Some suspension techs say the x2 shouldn't be used be uses w a yolk style suspension like on ibis bikes. Im pretty rough on my bike and ride 3-4 days a week w at least 1 park day a week. After switching to an ext storia I've had no issues. For what its worth, I had a new 2021 36 that came with a bad damper in it. I don't know know if its bad luck or what. I have a 38 on the front now and its been great. I think the x2 has its place. Just not on my bikes!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
Sounds all too familiar. My x2 is at Fox for 3rd time.
Another thread going in mechanics section.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=213108&pagenum=2#commentid7062325

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
Mine started squelching not long after getting it. It’s been fixed by Fox but I’ve been riding a DPX2 and I like the feel better.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011506
Mobile Version of Website