Powered by Outside

pivotal or rails?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
pivotal or rails?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
hey, what are your guys oppinions on pivotal seats and rails, like what kind do you prefer and why. i personaly prefer rails, i'm really picky about the position of the seat for grabbing with my knees and stuff. i like the ease of youse and clean-ness of the pivotal, but rails for meBig Grin

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
i have an older primo balence seat with rails and it weighs a shit load...is comftoable...and is tuffer then f*ck. I like the look and feel of the new balencseat but it is like a squishy velet so its weak but comfmy. IM ALL RAISL

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
Pivotal, for the simplicity, the looks, and the slammability. I like the no-clamp mods you can do with them.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Pivotal for sure. Lower, lighter and simple.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
wow pivitols kill rails!

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
rail seat all the way!

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
Wow... finally another Drewfunk thread... there hasn't been one in a while Frown . I've never tried pivitol so I'd say rails.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
i had a pivital for about a week but the post snapped...i cane down on a landing off of a 6 stair and i hit the seat hard as f*ck and the post bent...then i sat down on the way home with a 40 lb backpack of a curb and it snapped

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
416rider wrote:
Wow... finally another Drewfunk thread... there hasn't been one in a while Frown . I've never tried pivitol so I'd say rails.

hehe...hehe

i like rails, and the fact that there is a ton more seats and shapes to choose from, like all the pivotals are the same shape, but there are a ton different rail seats.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
I'm all for pivotals. At first I wasn't too into them because Macneil was the only company making them and there weren't that many models or designs. But now most companies are making pivotal seats and posts. You just can't go wrong with a pivotal seat set up because they are lighter, more simple, easy to adjust, and look really good.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
Pivotal no doubt,

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
Rails when im on a budget, Id like a pivotal but i am not dishing out like 50 for a set, jsut to save 3 ounces. I hate seeing these kids that have an "upgrade lsit" for their new stock bikes, and like the forst one is a new Pivitol and Seat combo. Such a waste, granted it looks better and you might save a top of 3 ounces but who are you kidding. It's a seat you barely use it as it is. Drop the whole fashion statement your trying to make of your bike and ride everything on it untill it breaks.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
i found the set up very cheap, was about 70 for me, versus the 140 I prolly woulda had to spend on a mid range seat and post.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
i broke my railled seat the other day my shorts got couaght while i sat down then when i stood up it ripped the rails right out of the plastic, so today i when and got a kink pivitol seat and a kink pivitol seat post for 65 dollars. i think pivitol is better because there is no rails that can get ripped out.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009909
Mobile Version of Website