Powered by Outside

2024 Trek Slash

PB Forum :: Trek
2024 Trek Slash
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Mar 9, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
So what do want from the 2024 Trek Slash. Love my 2021 Trek Slash and will hold on to it for at least 2-3 more years but what do you want to see from the next generation. Just bought my younger son a 2023 Trek Fuel EX 8 and have noticed a couple of frame improvements to this bike compared to mine.

Here's my list in priority:

-Better hardware comparable to what is on the new Fuel EX. (The new Trek Fuel EX hardware is great.)
-Normal shock (I'm done with the thru shaft and I'm now on a DHX2 coil)
-Inframe cable routing tubes
-Progressive shock flip chip
-No lower shock bearings
-Slightly lower bottom bracket height with 165mm cranks.
-Longer seat post insertion length
-Steeper seat tube angle
-More pronounced mino link
-Mullet compatible? (Would love to try to for the heck of it but don't really care)

I personally love the geometry and fit of my bike. The new Fuel EX is a nice improvement though.

#BANS Bulleit90 #BANS

FL
Posted: Mar 9, 2023 at 8:54 Quote
I can see them doing what they did with the New Reign.

The shock got changed for 2023(no more double trunnion)
a more meaningful Flip clip/mullet clip should be normal with all bikes.
Lower shock bearings sufferd from the double trunnion but id be happy to see them go. - Being able to access shock bolts without having to fight with Crankset would be ideal aswell.
the seat tube im not overally worried about as yes its slack but when its down its pushed forward which is great.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 10:57 Quote
Looks like we might see something in the first EWS round...

Slash 24

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 11:59 Quote
Looks like it might be getting a similar treatment that the new EX did. Seems like it might be a whole new frame design. I’d be interested to see trek mix it up a bit.

FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 12:22 Quote
ChanceFuller wrote:
Looks like it might be getting a similar treatment that the new EX did. Seems like it might be a whole new frame design. I’d be interested to see trek mix it up a bit.

as long as it doesnt get the "low stack" treatment, itll be great haha

O+ FL
Posted: May 3, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
ernst42 wrote:
any news here?

Think mini Session.

FL
Posted: May 3, 2023 at 14:35 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
ernst42 wrote:
any news here?

Think mini Session.

I was hoping the opposite. Fuel EX design on steroids'. Smile I hope it doesn't going high idler.

FL
Posted: May 3, 2023 at 22:48 Quote
and i hope they dont adopt the Fuel EX's low stack - thats dumb as hell.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 5:13 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
ernst42 wrote:
any news here?

Think mini Session.

I was hoping the opposite. Fuel EX design on steroids'. Smile I hope it doesn't going high idler.

It makes sense for Trek to make it slightly "bigger" considering the Gen 6 Fuel Ex. If you compare the current Slash to the new Gen 6 Ex, the current Slash is like an Ex on steroids, LOL.

The Session doesn't utilize a high idler, it's more like a medium idler and/or a virtual high pivot compared to something like the Dreadnaught with an acutal high pivot. That said, I hear it's a big bike so if you're considering a do it all Enduro rig, you might consider the outgoing/current Slash.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 5:15 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
and i hope they dont adopt the Fuel EX's low stack - thats dumb as hell.

I've always gotten along with the lower stack because I can adjust stem spacers and bar rise. I had two Banshee's and I couldn't get along with the high stack, I felt like I couldn't get the bike under me enough and they weren't good in the turns. To be fair, the Ex is a trail/all mountain bike so it doesn't need hella tall stack like a big enduro rig. I assume the new Slash will have a fairly tall stack considering the current version is much taller than the Ex.

FL
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 10:49 Quote
the issue lies in the short headtube, the bike is able to take a 160mm fork so it needs a bigger headtube, I got to demo the new fuel ex and by time i had the stem maxed out it was crazy flexy in the front...
Trail bikes are super capable now and most have taller stack/long headtube.

Few of my friends were wanting one but after the demo day... nobody wanted one... now where we live they cant sell them at all and are often heavily discounted.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 18:45 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
the issue lies in the short headtube, the bike is able to take a 160mm fork so it needs a bigger headtube, I got to demo the new fuel ex and by time i had the stem maxed out it was crazy flexy in the front...

Few of my friends were wanting one but after the demo day... nobody wanted one... now where we live they cant sell them at all and are often heavily discounted.

Weird, I have extra spacers on mine and I don’t feel any flex. It’s built as a light “enduro” rig and with a 36 it’s plenty stiff.

I don’t disagree about the taller head tube, having options built into a $3900 carbon frame is nice.

FL
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 8:07 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

Weird, I have extra spacers on mine and I don’t feel any flex. It’s built as a light “enduro” rig and with a 36 it’s plenty stiff.

I don’t disagree about the taller head tube, having options built into a $3900 carbon frame is nice.

Heated Rotor, where do you ride and how tall are you? What size did you demo and did you demo the Gen 6 EX?

FL
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 12:39 Quote
6ft - on the dot. everywhere from local trail networks to bike parks.

Demo'd the gen 6 EX 8 & the 9.8 in large. *the 9.8 had a 160mm fork installed and got to ride in both shock settings with and without mullet setup.

i did roll around on an XL but it felt huge.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011972
Mobile Version of Website