Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 1:42 Quote
After watchin people ride i saw that they keep a finger on thir brakes all the time....

Whereas i dont if i am jumping i'll have all fingers on my bars then grab my brakes when needs be.

I was just wondering if theres an advantage or if anyone keeps a finger or so on brakes all the time ???

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 2:09 Quote
I keep finger on my brake all the time.for example I can`t do a normal bunnny hop without it))))Smile

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 2:23 Quote
I only do when Im downhilling. When I jump I don't.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 2:26 Quote
Most people leave one finger over the rear brake for normal all round ridin. For DH you can use one finger on both brakes. Djs optional.

Advantage = feels safer, quicker reaction for dh, easier to smoothly control speed.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 3:19 Quote
yea.
edited: dh one finger on both brakes, dj not so much, but it freaks me out to ride with all fingers on the bar,dono why....
i don't feel out of control because of lack of braking, just it feels strange

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 3:31 Quote
as i said i ride with all fingers on my bars, im gonna a try with my fingers on the brakes, but like ^^ he said it makes me feels a bit out of control.

so is it your pointing finger (if thats whats its called) you have on the brakes ??

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 3:35 Quote
i have the one that is closest to my thumb on most of the time for everything but messing about.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 3:49 Quote
I've always ridden atleast 1or2 fingers on the lever, but now I'm riding some jumps, its quite hard to get out of the habbit. Getting there though!

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:02 Quote
i use 2 fingers on the brakes for dh, because i have shite brakes.

i just have one finger on my rear brake for dj sometimes, depends what i'm riding.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:03 Quote
no brakesso no i dont have any fingers on my brakes. i took them off to see how it felt and to learn barspins again. i only usualy run a back brake anyway and it will be going back on soon.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
I always have my fingers on the brakes... I know really shouldnt though as its a bad habbit.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
why is everybody saying its a bad habit?

i dont think its bad, just preference,
i ride street with 2 brakes and always have one finger on the lever on both, makes me feel safer for most trial style tricks,
in skatepark i nearly never use front brake but aniway my finre is always there
(exept for X-up cose i grab the bar closer to the midle of the bar.)

aniway it isnt a bad habit, just preference

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:44 Quote
depdns mate, if you can ride like that then yeah, but i keep one finger on at alll times, takes a while to get used to though.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 4:46 Quote
For example if you hit a berm a little fast and you panic you'll pull the brakes and go off the side when in reality its safer to try and ride it out..

Well thats what I keep doing lol Big Grin

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
I don't allways have my fingers on my brakes

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010183
Mobile Version of Website