Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

my cowan DS 07 on a diet

PB Forum :: Kona
my cowan DS 07 on a diet
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
Hey you guys i just wanted to know what i could do to loose some pounds off my cowan DS 07.

So give me some advice what should i do?

photo

photo

already bought a ss kit so that option is out.

G.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
Change the seat and tires, maybe run tubeless.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:29 Quote
lose da front break nd run seatless

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
Maybe you could drill out some of the material on your pedals or something. Don't run seatless but get a carbon seat with Ti rails, that'll be lighter than the BMX looking seat you have ATM...

Also cut off almost all of your seat post. Adjust it where you want it, mark it off and leave just enough to clamp.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
-get a macneil sl seat and seatpost
-cut your bars (if they are long i cant see from the pics)
-lose the front break
-dont ride such a big bashguard
-clean it
-the lighter the spokes/nipples/rims the better
-looks from the pics that the bar and stem combo can be way lighter (go blackmarket stem, raceface bars)
-lose the dust caps you have on there (they look heavy)
-online it says your wheels weigh 4 lb and 14.66 oz

thats about all i can say until i actually see specs not just 2 pictures

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
take off your bashgaurd and put a smaller front chain ring on

also if you can cut the width of your bars

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 7:37 Quote
OR
grow some balls nd ride a heavy bike

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
could get a sdg i beam seat and post,they do a jump specific one,i saved about 300 grammes give or take switching mine out,so with a dedicated jump seat could be nearly a pound.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
get rid of the deemax wheels! not doing you any favours~! they look the part but weigh a ton!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 10:49 Quote
If you bought Wellgo MG-1 pedals ($60), you'd save almost half a pound there. If you bought a new chain guide system (MRP G2, E-13 LG-1, or Gamut) then you would also save a lot of weight. Also, run 6" rotors. There's no need for big ones like that. Maybe a 7" in the front if you feel so inclined. Another thing you could do, is get new bar/stem combo. Looks like the Truvativ tank of a stem. Sunline makes a very light stem, and their V1 bar is very nice. Lastly, you could look into a new headset or bottom bracket. I don't know what you have in there now, but those are a tricky place to hide extra weight.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
I would loose those deemax, dude spank subrosa, the best rims in the market.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
Also you could drill out some of the material and shave the guides on your chainguide and drill out some material on you bashguard too! Easton makes some light bar/stem combos could try that.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
If you ride dirt, brakeless all the way! if you ride dh one brake it's enough. the bars, the stem, those hubs

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
Get a lighter brake, and most of the other suggestions are good!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015107
Mobile Version of Website