Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

"Test Bike"

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
if i have test bike written on my bike... What does that mean? (its a 2007 fsr xc pro Test Bike)

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
Is it a sticker or is it just written on there in marker?

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.trailheadcyclery.com/Bikes1/dsfsrxc.jpg

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
maybe it was used during your shops demo days?

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
it means either a demo bike or the protype for next year

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
Stinkyboy09 wrote:
it means either a demo bike or the protype for next year
not a prototype just a demo bike
there might be some minor differences other than paint but im not sure

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
at whister we saw the demo test bike and santa cruz testbike

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
i dont think there actualy ment for "testing" though

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
most of the time "test bike" means that it is given to the shop from the company to loan out as a test bike/loaner that you can use if your deciding to buy it or not. the test bike usually has better parts than you would normally find on the same model and slight frame changes sometimes. so it really doesnt mean anything but a better bike for a better price.

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
freerideaddictscott wrote:
most of the time "test bike" means that it is given to the shop from the company to loan out as a test bike/loaner that you can use if your deciding to buy it or not. the test bike usually has better parts than you would normally find on the same model and slight frame changes sometimes. so it really doesnt mean anything but a better bike for a better price.
ohh yeah, pll were problt riding them at whistler cus they were demoing them then

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
ya that's probably what they were doing. they might have rented them from a bike shop in whistler or something

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 4:12 Quote
freerideaddictscott wrote:

Your right tup My brother bought a FSR and had "test bike" on it as well. The shop bought it so people can test it and after 2 months they put it for sale. Spec's were pretty much the same but the paint is like wood grain color which is only available on those test bike.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
wood grain paint sounds sick. got any pics? mines the neon green one

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
Specialized has this 'Test Bike' Program.

The bikes are given a unique paint job, and sold to retailers at a discounted price. The program is designed to get a bike under the customer. Not just in their hands, but actually get them out on a trail, riding the bike, seeing what the bike can do in its natural environment. An extended test ride of sorts.

New rules came about this year as many retailers were just buying a lot of test bikes and then just selling the bikes as 'Unique'. Therefor they would charge full retail, if not more, and rake in the extra cash. Now the bike should not be sold until September 3rd. They also have an online program to track this.

It isn't a prototype, it isn't anything different, it is just a run of the mill bike with a fancy paint job.

-

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
I will post up pics of my stumpie FSR Elite Test Bike once I get my cam working.

As was said, they are specialized demo bikes. You can generally pick one up for real cheap if you get one that was used as part of the demo program. My dealer wanted to keep his demo bike so he ordered me a brand new "unbuilt in box" one and sold it to me for $800 off of MSRP.

And yeah you cannot buy them until September of the model year.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010948
Mobile Version of Website