Powered by Outside

The Zerode Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 4:45 Quote
Does somebody have a G2 27.5" rear triangle left for sale? Maybe from a broken G2 frame (should something like this even exist Smile ) Rob ran out of those and I am eager to upgrade my G2...

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Nearly finished despite someone s best efforts...
Well, that’s what she looked like before she went to war, anyway.

This girl has looked after me all over the world and we’ve both got our second winds, now. I could probably figure out how to fab a rear triangle for a 27.5” tire, but I’ve not got the time nor the shop. Ktm87, PM sent.

Cheers

Buter

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
Does anyone got a spare chain tensioner spring somewhere in southern British Columbia? Mine broke and the replacement part is stuck in customs/ lost by UPS.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:07 Quote
Anyone having issue with chain coming off ? I have a taniwha 160 and seems like there is room for improvement there. Not sure if i should make the chain shorter?

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
UpnUp wrote:
Anyone having issue with chain coming off ? I have a taniwha 160 and seems like there is room for improvement there. Not sure if i should make the chain shorter?

I had the same problem, it turned out they'd forgotten to drill an extra hole in the tensioner to add a bit more tension to the chain. Once I did that, it fixed it, permanantly, no more dropped chains. Until someone stole my bike, that is.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
Am looking at spacing the original Onyx SS hub to a Taniwha mulet. Am concerned with increased unsprung wheel weight vs waiting for the new Onyx vesper SS hub. Any feedback on downsides (perceived or not) using the original and heavier (about 120gr) onyx hub?
Thanks

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
PaulFitz wrote:
Am looking at speccing the original Onyx SS hub to a Taniwha mulet. Am concerned with increased unsprung wheel weight vs waiting for the new Onyx vesper SS hub. Any feedback on downsides (perceived or not) using the original and heavier (about 120gr) onyx hub?
Thanks

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
PaulFitz wrote:
PaulFitz wrote:
Am looking at speccing the original Onyx SS hub to a Taniwha mulet. Am concerned with increased unsprung wheel weight vs waiting for the new Onyx vesper SS hub. Any feedback on downsides (perceived or not) using the original and heavier (about 120gr) onyx hub?
Thanks

Not sure infinite engagement points are gonna help when the Pinion is at a ultra-low 12. I had a 108 rear and the slack was noticeable. Had another guy with a Profile and he said the same. That is 100 more. It will make some difference just not sure how much....

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
MorganBH wrote:
UpnUp wrote:

I had the same problem, it turned out they'd forgotten to drill an extra hole in the tensioner to add a bit more tension to the chain. Once I did that, it fixed it, permanantly, no more dropped chains. Until someone stole my bike, that is.

I actually managed to trace down the cause to the tensioner's jockey wheel being not properly tightened so it was slightly wobbly and would guide de chain off course. Tightened it and it seems to work fine now even on very bumpy tracks.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
PaulFitz wrote:
PaulFitz wrote:
Thanks

been using the original an Onyx original since I first purchased my Taniwha 3 years ago p12.. The xtra weight was a concern but not now. Got a mate with a C12 Taniwha with a Chris King hub and I do prefer the Onyx having ride both. handling wise i dont notice any difference. I have thought about using the lighter driver and if anyone else could offer feedback i to would be gratefull

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
I'm looking to replace all of the frame bearings in my 2108 Taniwha.

Can anyone advise what size bearings I need?

UPDATE 04/10/2019:

I removed the swing arm from the bike last night and obtained the bearing sizes, but there is an issue.

The bearings in the main pivot and linkage are not standard due to the fact that they have an extended inner race.

I contacted Zerode and got a very quick response back from the man himself Rob Metz, who advised that the full bearing set can be purchased here https://zerodebikes.com/spares

It's gonna cost about £33 to get it delivered to Ireland, but obviously I'll have to wait for a week for delivery.

Still a very reasonable price for the bearing set though.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Rob is the man. I lost a centre screw from my crankset the other day and had a reply within minutes asking for my address. Dude is just a GC.

excavator666 wrote:
I'm looking to replace all of the frame bearings in my 2108 Taniwha.

Can anyone advise what size bearings I need?

UPDATE 04/10/2019:

I removed the swing arm from the bike last night and obtained the bearing sizes, but there is an issue.

The bearings in the main pivot and linkage are not standard due to the fact that they have an extended inner race.

I contacted Zerode and got a very quick response back from the man himself Rob Metz, who advised that the full bearing set can be purchased here https://zerodebikes.com/spares

It's gonna cost about £33 to get it delivered to Ireland, but obviously I'll have to wait for a week for delivery.

Still a very reasonable price for the bearing set though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
turned my taniwha into a franken bike for this season.long shocked and over forked. 29f 27.5r
getting some new and custom parts and new paint too.

Mock-up with dorados. Bike getting new paint this week

photo

Don't know if this guy is still around... Got my finger on the trigger to get a Taniwha or Katipo.. I see people who dual crown them seem to be fitting custom crowns? Will something like a regular Boxxer not work?

Also who has long stroked their bikes and what size did you go to?

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
turned my taniwha into a franken bike for this season.long shocked and over forked. 29f 27.5r

Don't know if this guy is still around... Got my finger on the trigger to get a Taniwha or Katipo.. I see people who dual crown them seem to be fitting custom crowns? Will something like a regular Boxxer not work?

he's still active on PB, try shooting him a message.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
ktm87 wrote:

he's still active on PB, try shooting him a message.

Ahh nice to see this thread isn't dead, hard to find anyone with these bikes...

So is the hype still real with the rear suspension or have other bikes like the new Specialized Enduro now caught up? I read the Zerode is good at small hits but on square edge hits some other bikes fair better due to their more rearward axle path?

What are peoples weights and what coils are they using?

Or if anyone knows of a more active forum?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012090
Mobile Version of Website