Powered by Outside

Monster Energy, good taste or good logo

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Monster Energy, good taste or good logo
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:58 Quote
Rushy wrote:
I love MONSTER, Both for the logo and great taste. It also makes relentless taste bland! But where i live, it is super rare to find it in the shops.

Yh same here they only sell it in 1 shop in my town. there origanal and Lo-cal

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:59 Quote
I drink Monster, Relentless, Rockstar and Redbull Smile I fill my camelbak with relentless haha I love 'em all!

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:59 Quote
maxpower001 wrote:
Rushy wrote:
I love MONSTER, Both for the logo and great taste. It also makes relentless taste bland! But where i live, it is super rare to find it in the shops.

Yh same here they only sell it in 1 shop in my town. there origanal and Lo-cal
LMAO they have monsters everywhere.. all the convience stores, gas stations, and even supermarkets!

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 5:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The effect is a placebo, the pill is a sugar pill.
I didn't feel the need to go into that detail, but now you have said it. I wonder if they have ever given a diabetic the placebo.....

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 5:12 Quote
monster is not popular in the uk yet..as extreme sports is not developed to the max...

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 5:24 Quote
fortune-cookie-rider wrote:
monster is not popular in the uk yet..as extreme sports is not developed to the max...
aw that sucks.. well i think canada has the most biking and extreme sports, whistler sums everything up

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 6:15 Quote
brian02rider wrote:
fortune-cookie-rider wrote:
aw that sucks.. well i think canada has the most biking and extreme sports, whistler sums everything up

ahah yer..and the u.s....

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
its all hype and kids wanting to look cool drinking them, there is no sutch thing a liquid energy. its all bs. but hey, it makes people buy their product, and it dosent taste bad. so its basically a "bad ass" soda, i dont fall for it, but w/e just my 2 cents

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but you say that, and your display pic if a Nike check.
sorry but i dont understand what you mean, i wear their shoes biking, and another pair of casual, its no different than someone displaying a pic of a kona or khs logo as their headshot. im just displaying a brand im happy with and use. im not saying that who ever buys monster is dumb and falling for a trap, im just saying that there is no such thing a liquid energy. just my oppinions, im sure you support a brand to, everyone does. it can be cars, shoes, bikes, anything.

i say they dont teach you much in the states. firstly your body converts sugar to energy therefore pop is liquid energy. even though its not pure energy it still gives you energy. try pulling an all nighter and drinking 2L of coke. itll probably make you sick but it'll keep you up all night

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
dh-mtn-biker wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but you say that, and your display pic if a Nike check.
sorry but i dont understand what you mean, i wear their shoes biking, and another pair of casual, its no different than someone displaying a pic of a kona or khs logo as their headshot. im just displaying a brand im happy with and use. im not saying that who ever buys monster is dumb and falling for a trap, im just saying that there is no such thing a liquid energy. just my oppinions, im sure you support a brand to, everyone does. it can be cars, shoes, bikes, anything.

i say they dont teach you much in the states. firstly your body converts sugar to energy therefore pop is liquid energy. even though its not pure energy it still gives you energy. try pulling an all nighter and drinking 2L of coke. itll probably make you sick but it'll keep you up all night

it dosen't give you energy it just helps with fatigue, and if you do get energy you're falling for the placebo effect

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
personally i prefer water. but of all the energy drinks ive ever tasted, monster is the most bearable, and has the coolest image.

you know that most of those "monster" and "redbull" and "gatorade" bottles the pros use at the ends of races (not only in biking) are usually actually filled with water, and it's all just advertisement.
Yup, water for the win. I just make my own "gatorade" (water, salt and some lemon juice for taste) and it's much better (taste/health/efficiency) than any of those energy drinks

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
try a book+koo there friggen amazing

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
energy drinks are all the same the best thing to drink in my opinion is water, and energy drinks just dehydrate you

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
its not for hydration... say youve been up for a day and a night and you need enrgy...drink a energy drink and you feel replenished for a lil bit

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
and then twice as bad after

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
and then twice as bad after

i like the gatorade G2 i feel it hydrates me and its only 30 cals per 250ml which is better than their regular stuff that is like 110 or 120. pretty much tastes the same too. as for energy drinks i bought 2 250ml redbulls from 7-11 cause they were on sale and downed them both in a matter of 5 mins. probably wasnt the best idea. as i was riding i developed a brutal headache and then as soon as i got home i shat out everything i had eaten in the past week. its kinda funny but needless to say id never buy red bull again.

personally my fav is rockstar vodka. i wouldnt recommend drinking before a ride tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.395901
Mobile Version of Website