Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
obee1 wrote:
hottest chick in yogurt pants?
???
What are yogurt pants?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
srh2 wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that.
It depends on what you are drinking and how much. Wine is about 35 to 50 calories per ounce. Beer can have anywhere from 90 to 200 calories in a glass. A margarita can have 130 to 200 calories and 35+ grams of sugar per 3.5 ounce. Have a few margaritas and that's a fair amount of calories and an awful lot of sugar. Same goes for beer. Your body treats beer a lot like sugar. Have a drink and you have just given your body an easy burning source of energy. This effectively places your bodies fat burning on hold.
I can vouch for that... Whenever I've had a few too many, I can never sleep for more than 5 hours or so. I wake up hungover and amped; not a good combo lol.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
I dont know who says that but it's almost entirely false... Granted greasy foods are bad but alcohol is a huge stumbling block to weight loss. Beer in particular is calorically quite heavy; as much as 15-20 calories per ounce isnt uncommon... add to that the fact that alcohol actually impairs your body's ability to convert fat into energy... the most basic process behind weight loss. For hours after consuming as little as one ounce of alcohol, whole body lipid oxidation can drop by as much as 70-75%. Not only is that obviously bad for weight loss but, under exertion, it can also lead to catabolic muscle loss which is counterproductive to not only weight loss but even general fitness itself.[/Quote]

i have heard this exact same description from a very reliable source. the late night or the next days food is that which really kills ya.

yogurt pants was kinda joke on shondos and phish's jibjab earlier.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
shondo wrote:
Living like a caveman.
Greens and Proteins.
Ah yes... that's the way it oughta be! My biggest crutch, like most Americans, is fast foods/processed foods. I've been making a big push to do more of my shopping at the local farmers market and bought a share in a CSA program starting next spring. I'm hoping that and lot of riding will stave off knee surgery #3 for a good long time!

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
Anyone else check out that article on Fabien Barel? Crazy angles on that bike, 61.5 hta with +/- 2 degree adjustability??? I cant imagine riding a bike with a 59.5 hta, that'd definately be slacked out a bit much for my tastes I think...

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
wanabe wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
Wow, do you sell them to the public? (i.e us lot), I assume you shape them with some kind of tool, it it like a lathe or all hand done? Where do you get 45 million year old amber?

Sorry for all the questions but you have got me really curious, I have never seen anything akin to this and know nothing about it at all

i make them all by hand any jig or lathe would be cheating the 45myo comes from the Baltic region and the 26 comes from Mexico
i do sell to the public but as you can imagine its not cheap but for how rare it is to find such objects in that material its fare

I really like the espresso cup, something that is actually usefull which is cool.
I through a beer bottle in the fire once and made an ashtray, turns out i'm an artist too.lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
aircan wrote:
Apparently it was an interesting couple of days here. Maybe I'm kind of dim (probably) but I'll be damned if I can detect any difference between this forum and the last one.

On another topic, is it just me, or does bad luck happen in 3s to anyone else? First the brakes went. On the next ride with the brand new brakes, the rear derailleur detached. On the ride after getting that fixed, the forks seized up. Expensive week. Still worth it.

Any Geezers gonna be up at the Star for closing weekend?

With any luck (if I get a hall pass) sunday is the day.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Anyone else check out that article on Fabien Barel? Crazy angles on that bike, 61.5 hta with +/- 2 degree adjustability??? I cant imagine riding a bike with a 59.5 hta, that'd definately be slacked out a bit much for my tastes I think...

I dont think I could ride fast enough to really appreciate it - Fabien rips!

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 0:59 Quote
shondo wrote:
I like hot yogurt.
Eek

4 words that should never come out of a man's mouth at the same time.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 4:19 Quote
robholio wrote:
shondo wrote:
I like hot yogurt.
Eek

OR go into it

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 4:31 Quote
i have a set of double tracks on my vp ideas for a skooum wheels set cheap light bommproof,if there is such a thing

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 6:55 Quote

BTW, my profile pic is Me (orange shirt), Dion5000 and Shondo. I'm not speaking for Dion,but with me and Shondo trying to cut some weight, maybe next year's photo at Geezerstarfest will fit more of us in it as well, including Whoadragon![/Quote]

yeah i could afford to lose a few pounds as well the only reason i look so amazingly thin that pic is the body suit holding it all together lol..(and maybe sucking it in a little)

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 7:30 Quote
[Quote="jayburn"]
aircan wrote:
Apparently it was an interesting couple of days here. Maybe I'm kind of dim (probably) but I'll be damned if I can detect any difference between this forum and the last one.

On another topic, is it just me, or does bad luck happen in 3s to anyone else? First the brakes went. On the next ride with the brand new brakes, the rear derailleur detached. On the ride after getting that fixed, the forks seized up. Expensive week. Still worth it.

Any Geezers gonna be up at the Star for closing weekend?

mib on a blue m6 say hello to gnar, we can do a run or two

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
robholio wrote:
shondo wrote:
I like hot yogurt.
Eek

OR go into it

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on the triple entendre.....
Mrs. Shondo just was telling me that I had a bad case of potty-brain last night.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
christophish wrote:
obee1 wrote:
its friday night yo. poll? hottest chick in yogurt pants? best obama quote taken completely outta context? poll poll poll

I like this one:

photo

this should be the motto for our thread.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030394
Mobile Version of Website