Powered by Outside

2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help
Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
just finished switching the fork oil to 10 wt in my 2013. for anyone having bottoming issues i highly recommend 10wt over the stock 7.5, im 215 with gear and its still a bit squishy in the begginning stroke but man does it have some end stroke to it.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 9:28 Quote
I went to Sea Otter Classic and the Marzocchi guys were there so they hooked it up, all I needed was just a heavier spring now she rides like a champ!

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 21:51 Quote
I hope you don't mind a little off topic question?

I've got a 55CR, a month old which I need tuning tips for.

The standard oil is 7.5wt. I changed it to 10wt because the rebound was too fast even on the slowest setting. The original range of compression damping adjustment was spot on with the 7.5wt. Now with the 10wt it is a little firmer than I'd like even in the fully open setting.

So what I need to do is to either open up the effective range of compression adjustment (remove a shim or rearrange them?) or slow down the rebound speed (no idea how to do that).

Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Once again, apologies for the off topicness. There's not much on the net about the 55CR just yet.

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 3:35 Quote
mix 7.5 wt and 10wt to find amiddle ground that works for you.

Posted: May 20, 2014 at 1:23 Quote
I thought of that, but with the 10w the rebound is borderline too fast on the slowest setting.

I think it needs some internal tinkering.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 6:48 Quote
Hi everyone
I'm 78kg / 172lbs and my soft K 4.4 titanium is waaaay too soft for me. Once on the bike the fork is compressed of about 5.5cm

These springs are availaible :

Titanium
k=4.4 " 5141956 - soft
k=5,5" 5141918 - med
k=6.5" 5141957 - hard
k=7.7" 5141958 - x hard

Do I need the Hard - 6.5? or the medium K 5.5?
Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
Ehrhard wrote:
Hi everyone
I'm 78kg / 172lbs and my soft K 4.4 titanium is waaaay too soft for me. Once on the bike the fork is compressed of about 5.5cm

These springs are availaible :

Titanium
k=4.4 " 5141956 - soft
k=5,5" 5141918 - med
k=6.5" 5141957 - hard
k=7.7" 5141958 - x hard

Do I need the Hard - 6.5? or the medium K 5.5?
Thanks

You need the 6.5 spring

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
Ok is that sure? Because Ti springs are expensive Smile

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 11:10 Quote
buy steel first to try it out. im 200lbs and run the extra heavy, my buddys 170lbs and uses the medium. it all depends what you want it to feel like, i dont sag the reccommended 30% but it feels super plush all the time and dont notice any bottoming.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
Lol IMHO most people that are having trouble in here getting mid stroke support need to mess with the compression shim stack! It's one of the best features of this fork in that it's customizable! And/or adding oil in coil side (not the damper side!!!) of the fork. I'm 230lbs geared up and I only run the standard 5.5 med ti coil it came with, and just added 70ml to coil side (just under 2x factory levels). Never bottom, great mid stroke support and traction. Plush. Run my compression at the lowest low speed compression/highest high speed, since it's auto adjust for both at same time etc etc etc... My 2c after 5 years on my 2010 888 evo ti. Also recommend the v2 damper!

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 21:36 Quote
I use 2012/2013 Marzo 888 RC3 Evo Ti. I found lately there is an oil leaks came out on the stanchion (left - rc3 side). some friends said that was normal for marzo fork. but the oil leaks is getting much more than before so I think there is something wrong. anyone had an idea whats wrong? im currently disassemble my dork for oil replacement, looks to me the dust seal (top) is okay. I haven't removed all the seals yet though.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 20:49 Quote
nuzularief wrote:
I use 2012/2013 Marzo 888 RC3 Evo Ti. I found lately there is an oil leaks came out on the stanchion (left - rc3 side). some friends said that was normal for marzo fork. but the oil leaks is getting much more than before so I think there is something wrong. anyone had an idea whats wrong? im currently disassemble my dork for oil replacement, looks to me the dust seal (top) is okay. I haven't removed all the seals yet though.

If you're opening the fork up it's time for a new seal kit.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/marzocchi-marzocchi-seal-kit-skf/rp-prod149478

Trust me, it's worth it. I do mine every season

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 0:51 Quote
Stainer wrote:
nuzularief wrote:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/marzocchi-marzocchi-seal-kit-skf/rp-prod149478

thanks Stainer..
anyway, im currently filling the left stanchion with oil, normally we just need to cycle (hand push) the cartridge until the oil filling inside the cartridge chamber. but I found its hard to cycle the cartridge seems like an air trap that hold my push force. I can feel that the oil wont suck in thru the internal chamber of the cartridge. have you got that experienced as well?

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
nuzularief wrote:
Stainer wrote:
nuzularief wrote:

thanks Stainer..
anyway, im currently filling the left stanchion with oil, normally we just need to cycle (hand push) the cartridge until the oil filling inside the cartridge chamber. but I found its hard to cycle the cartridge seems like an air trap that hold my push force. I can feel that the oil wont suck in thru the internal chamber of the cartridge. have you got that experienced as well?

I usually just send it off to get it done. Ask the guys here https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=139436&pagenum=2023

Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 14:43 Quote
photo

Does anyone have a second part of this PDF, where all manufacturer info like manufacture codes of details,... ??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.132833
Mobile Version of Website