Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
O+
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 7:34 Quote
scouves wrote:
Hi everyone,

Lost my Rottie, Tank, at the top of SHAFT tonight.

Super friendly dog wearing a red backpack and bear bell.

Please let me know if you see/hear of him.

Cheers,

Scott
I hope your dog can handle his own as we see a lot black bear at dusk or dawn. Being a dog owner, I feel for you, I hope you find him quick!

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 12:22 Quote
Hi - good news - my husband and his friends found Tank, and have him right now. They've given him lots of water, and something to eat. He's doing great.
They have sketchy cell reception, but please call Steve at 473-3817.
Gillian (the wife...)

O+
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 16:37 Quote
We found Tank, and it seems that scouves picked him up.

He was sitting at the bottom of T-Dub when we came down. It took us a while to lead him back to Ing's Mine parking lot because he had a limp. We gave him food and water while we tried to contact you.

You really need to spend the $8 and buy Tank a tag with his name and your phone number on it. If it wasn't by sheer luck that I had seen your post before heading to Moose today, we would never have known how to contact you.

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
How were the conditons at Moose today? Looking to head up there tomorrow and dont want to waste a trip

O+
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
masongrams wrote:
How were the conditons at Moose today? Looking to head up there tomorrow and dont want to waste a trip

With the exception of a couple of snow-buried sections of T-Dub, everything is good to go. Ride it now before it snows again in 3 days...

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
Anyone riding moose Monday? might be trying to Poach a ride or two.
Matt

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 18:53 Quote
A huge thanks for the group that squeezed me and son in for a shuttle. (Blue Tacoma extended cab) And also the parents of the group of kids from Edson..they were a great bunch and I hoped the liked their first time to Moose! Thanks for the ride too!

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 19:28 Quote
sexley wrote:
Hi - good news - my husband and his friends found Tank, and have him right now. They've given him lots of water, and something to eat. He's doing great.
They have sketchy cell reception, but please call Steve at 473-3817.
Gillian (the wife...)

Thank you so much for taking care of Tank. He's home safe and doing well. We aren't sure how to thank you beyond words, so please if you think of something let me know !!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 22:49 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I've got a sierra 2500hd crew cab long box shuttle rig, probably wont be out there till next weekend (after long weekend) but will post up if I don't already have a full truck and anyone is welcome to come, just pitch for fuel and have a good time, thats all I ask!

I would like to thumb a ride with you; Im new to Calgary looking for those rad people that are into riding road trips to moose. Im super stoked to ride moose and have never been. I got gas money and jokes!! so you know I'm cool beans

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 22:54 Quote
Oh and anyone else willing to lend me a seat in your cab from Calgary to Moose; Ill be happy to join and go pretty much at the spur of the moment! Gas money is not a problem Smile I own ford focus so its not overly practical to drive.

Thanks, Elliotte.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 22:58 Quote
Might,MIGHT be going sunday. Will keep you ladies posted!

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
went yesterday, 3 inches of fresh snow at the top and the road was a mess... was fun all the same

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 10:35 Quote
Hey guys, new to the calgary riding scene looking for some people to shuttle moose, would like to get out tomorrow, if anyone is heading out let me know.

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 11:04 Quote
k-dubb wrote:
Hey guys, new to the calgary riding scene looking for some people to shuttle moose, would like to get out tomorrow, if anyone is heading out let me know.

I'll be heading out tomorrow for some laps. Message me if you want to ride. got room for three just need a retrieval vehicle.

Cheers,
doug

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012036
Mobile Version of Website