Powered by Outside

Spank wheels

PB Forum :: Spank Industries
Spank wheels
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
which spank wheels shall I get, not too bothered by weight, but want durability above all else,

350 vibrocores, oozy 345, spike 33,what ones??

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
which spank wheels shall I get, not too bothered by weight, but want durability above all else,

350 vibrocores rated for Freeride and DH, they will do well.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 18:16 Quote
onyxss wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:

350 vibrocores rated for Freeride and DH, they will do well.

Great wheels !

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 22:49 Quote
Does anyone have any idea when/if spank are going to get the microspline licence from shimano?

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
how do the 359 vibrocores compare to the 350?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
Have just ordered a front boost conversion kit for my Oozy 295 but confused as to whether there is a kit for the rear or should I just go with the VeloSolo offering on the ebay? Also looking to run Nobby Nic 2.6 on them, is that a bad idea?

Matt

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
You will be fine with 2.6s I believe.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 3:30 Quote
misterdun wrote:
Have just ordered a front boost conversion kit for my Oozy 295 but confused as to whether there is a kit for the rear or should I just go with the VeloSolo offering on the ebay? Also looking to run Nobby Nic 2.6 on them, is that a bad idea?

Matt

Where holds stock of this boost front Spank kit?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
So I smashed one of my carbon rims, and I'm thinking of relacing my hubs to some Spank Spike Race 33 rims, but I need an idiot proof spoke calculator, is the DT Swiss calculator what I'm looking for?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
Losvar wrote:
So I smashed one of my carbon rims, and I'm thinking of relacing my hubs to some Spank Spike Race 33 rims, but I need an idiot proof spoke calculator, is the DT Swiss calculator what I'm looking for?
Most idiot proof calculator is taking rims and hubs to LBS to deal with it - professional wheel building is cheap these days....

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator
This is what I use at my shop most of the time. Never had a wheel build where the spokes were too long or short. Just triple check your hub dimensions and the ERD of the rim and you will be fine.
If you end up with spokes just a little too short, you can get 14mm long nipples from a shop instead of the regular 12mm long ones. Not ideal but it's an easy fix. If the spokes are too long then you will have to find a spoke threader to cut them shorter, or buy shorter spokes.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
onyxss wrote:
Losvar wrote:
Most idiot proof calculator is taking rims and hubs to LBS to deal with it - professional wheel building is cheap these days....
I live waaaaay above the arctic circle, there are no lbs or professional wheel builders up here...
We had an lbs, it just closed down, there's simply no market this far north.

Not gonna throw my hubs in the trash and buy a complete wheelset, that's just a waste.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator
This is what I use at my shop most of the time. Never had a wheel build where the spokes were too long or short. Just triple check your hub dimensions and the ERD of the rim and you will be fine.
If you end up with spokes just a little too short, you can get 14mm long nipples from a shop instead of the regular 12mm long ones. Not ideal but it's an easy fix. If the spokes are too long then you will have to find a spoke threader to cut them shorter, or buy shorter spokes.

I get the same result on left hand side on this and DT Swiss calculator, but 1 mm difference on the right hand side.
I'll just take the longest for both sides, 1 mm probably won't make much of a difference.

Thanks mate!

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
Sorry, posting this here as the new thread tool seems to be broken atm

Anyone any email contacts for spank? The rims on my wheelset where delivered with big defects that the warranty dep think are acceptable!

Right, so there is poor deburing all over the two rims which has chewed through the pre-installed rim tape like butter.
I followed spanks initial advice by trying to sandpaper the rough edges and wasted about £60 on supplies trying to re set up my tubless tryes. Which I shouldn't of have to have done anyway. I can get them to work at all and have spent too much of my own money on rims that should not have passed quality control. Spank are saying they wont provide new rims or wheelset and are trying to get a local bike shop to sort it but Are struggling. But there are loads open still that I have visited and know well. Personally, what do you think they should do? Does anyone have any email address for me to send in a complaint? At the end of the day, if the manufacturing was checked and controlled better, I would still be running my tryes tubless happily and I would be £60 better off. But they really dont seem to care. Very disappointed considering this is my first product issue with them after running (mostly) all the gear for the past 3 years when I really got into biking. Cheers

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
drmantistobogganmd wrote:
Sorry, posting this here as the new thread tool seems to be broken atm

Anyone any email contacts for spank? The rims on my wheelset where delivered with big defects that the warranty dep think are acceptable!

Right, so there is poor deburing all over the two rims which has chewed through the pre-installed rim tape like butter.
I followed spanks initial advice by trying to sandpaper the rough edges and wasted about £60 on supplies trying to re set up my tubless tryes. Which I shouldn't of have to have done anyway. I can get them to work at all and have spent too much of my own money on rims that should not have passed quality control. Spank are saying they wont provide new rims or wheelset and are trying to get a local bike shop to sort it but Are struggling. But there are loads open still that I have visited and know well. Personally, what do you think they should do? Does anyone have any email address for me to send in a complaint? At the end of the day, if the manufacturing was checked and controlled better, I would still be running my tryes tubless happily and I would be £60 better off. But they really dont seem to care. Very disappointed considering this is my first product issue with them after running (mostly) all the gear for the past 3 years when I really got into biking. Cheers

Spank seems better to their customers in the states than over the pond. Try the email below. They should at least point you in the right direction

support@thegravitycartel.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012001
Mobile Version of Website