Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
It should be easy to route the brake round the way, it certainly was on the capra. What model did you get? Sram levers can be turned upside down and swapped sides, shimano you need to swap the cables between the brake levers

Thanks for the reply. CF Comp 1 so I've got SRAM.

Did not know you could turn them upside down, do they still look the same? I guess you need to shorten the length of the rear cable as it requires less reach on the left side.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
Just received word that the bikes are due to ship out in the USA this week.

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
E30m3 wrote:
Just received word that the bikes are due to ship out in the USA this week.

Can't wait. Ordered an AL Comp 2 that is hopefully shipping in this first batch.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
Jamsxr wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:
It should be easy to route the brake round the way, it certainly was on the capra. What model did you get? Sram levers can be turned upside down and swapped sides, shimano you need to swap the cables between the brake levers

Thanks for the reply. CF Comp 1 so I've got SRAM.

Did not know you could turn them upside down, do they still look the same? I guess you need to shorten the length of the rear cable as it requires less reach on the left side.

Yeah they should be identical, you should be able to route the cable round the other side of the headtube and not need to shorten the cable.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 1:15 Quote
sdimit wrote:
mtb-mann wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

It's 12x148 and 15x 100. What don't you like about the stock wheels?

Other users have said they're not great and have had issues with tubeless with them not been welded and pinned instead. IMO unless you're buying a top end bike stock wheels are generally a bit naff and I usually upgrade then soon. Plus I've always wanted a set of hope Hub'ed rims Smile

if you're in for an upgrade look at the new stan's ztr bravo carbon ones. they come in two versions to choose from. highly recommended with the new neo hubs

How've you found the Bravo's? I'm thinking about getting a lower end Jeffsy and doing a wheel upgrade on it. One person I spoke to seemed to thing the Bravo's were a bit too stiff? He was coming from Easton Carbons.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 2:10 Quote
BeRudeNot2 wrote:
sdimit wrote:
mtb-mann wrote:

Other users have said they're not great and have had issues with tubeless with them not been welded and pinned instead. IMO unless you're buying a top end bike stock wheels are generally a bit naff and I usually upgrade then soon. Plus I've always wanted a set of hope Hub'ed rims Smile

if you're in for an upgrade look at the new stan's ztr bravo carbon ones. they come in two versions to choose from. highly recommended with the new neo hubs

How've you found the Bravo's? I'm thinking about getting a lower end Jeffsy and doing a wheel upgrade on it. One person I spoke to seemed to thing the Bravo's were a bit too stiff? He was coming from Easton Carbons.

I’m not surprised the Stans wheels feel stiffer as they are an all mountain / enduro wheelset whereas the havens are XC. Looking at the stats the Stans are around 200g heavier, the rims are wider (32mm v 26mm + 27mm v 21mm internal) and they are built with 28 spokes to the Havens 24, so for a Jeffsy I’d definitely pick the Stans over Easton although my actual choice would be neither as I’m already running a couple of pairs of 29er Light Bicycle rims.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 6:02 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Jamsxr wrote:
New Jeffsy owner here. I progressed onto the YT after a few bike park days on a rental full sus, and 18 months on a cheap hardtail to confirm I had officially caught the bug again.

Don't have masses of experience but boy does it open up when greeted with any sort of decent, and it's not too bad on the way up either.

Did any of the UK owners bother swapping the break cables round, I'm sure I could get used to it but think I would rather swap them over if it's easy. Looking at the routing I'm wondering it will be suited to being swapped over?

Yes I've changed mine over. You literally just take the hose cover off and quickly pull out both hoses and swap them around. Didn't even need to bleed mine. Then just tidy the cables up with cable ties. Were out of Europe now you can't be having euro brakes lol.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 6:05 Quote
BeRudeNot2 wrote:
sdimit wrote:
mtb-mann wrote:

Remember ppl even though it says the stock rims are tubes ready you still need to tape them!

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 6:05 Quote
Has anybody recently received a shipping update for Jeffsys in Europe? I have an AL Comp 1 on order that should 'be available' from June 29, but I don't have any idea when it will be shipped.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
yo has any of you guys tried fitting 27.5+ on the jeffsy? i know it isn't supported on paper.. just wanted some real life data before i pull the trigger

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 11:48 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Yeah they should be identical, you should be able to route the cable round the other side of the headtube and not need to shorten the cable.

Maybe I'm being thick but if you need to re route the cable you need to swap it with the reverb - which gives you the same problem. The reverb exits the seat tube on the right and the break comes up the left.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
Don't bother re-routing anthing.

(a) remove brake levers
(b) turn them upside down
(C) swap them over
(D) reclamp
(E) add a bit of helitape where the new rub risk areas are...
(F) ride
(G) drink

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 18:45 Quote
You would think they could put the levers the right way round when they build them, its not like they don't know where the batch they are building are heading.
I have a carbon one on order and it seems the NZ delivery date has slipped back 6 weeks :-(

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 19:09 Quote
epicrob wrote:
You would think they could put the levers the right way round when they build them, its not like they don't know where the batch they are building are heading.
I have a carbon one on order and it seems the NZ delivery date has slipped back 6 weeks :-(

Rob Gordon?

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 0:47 Quote
Hoping to get one after selling my stumpy. I appreciate all the posts here. It's helping me decide between the Capra and the Jeffsy.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020301
Mobile Version of Website