Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
Yeah I gave up on any hope that it would be simple and easy to convert to tubeless. I've just ordered the following to fully convert;
WTB TCS Rim tape, 30mm wide for the E13 TRS rims that come on the CF One.
Stans presta valve stems pair
Stans sealant bottle 473ml
Maxxi minion SS 2.3"
Maxxis High roller 2 2.4" EXO

All of which cost me just over £100. So annoying that there's this hidden cost to have to add on. If anyone wants to buy 2 unused high roller 2's (none TR) for cheap let me know.

All of this and the bike should arrive next week so i'll let you know how it goes.

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
From Tippie's IG with Aaron Gwin. Looks like a different rear shock from spec?! https://instagram.com/p/BTI8AmvlFAn/

Edit: my bad, Aaron said it's 29

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 0:22 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
Yeah I gave up on any hope that it would be simple and easy to convert to tubeless. I've just ordered the following to fully convert;
Maxxi minion SS 2.3"

All of which cost me just over £100. So annoying that there's this hidden cost to have to add on. If anyone wants to buy 2 unused high roller 2's (none TR) for cheap let me know.

All of this and the bike should arrive next week so i'll let you know how it goes.

The exclusion of tubeless ready tyres is actually a real pain in the....
This is 2017, who doesn't include tubeless ready tyres on new trail bikes.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 3:17 Quote
Dont bother just because they aren't officially labeled "tubeless ready"? Over at mtb-news.de, someone successfully used them for tubeless ;-).
YT says they aren't officially tubeless *wink*

I'll give them a try too using Tesa 4289 + Stans milk

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
I saw this frame protection kit on ebay and it seams by the description to be exactly the same as the invisiframe kit but the title says heli-tape. I've heard horror stories about ripping paint off when heli-tape is removed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YT-JEFFSY-BIKE-FRAME-PROTECTION-KIT-VINYL-STONE-GUARD-HELI-TAPE-/112175172813

Has anyone tried this guy on ebay, he seems to be selling the same kit for loads of bikes and if it is a carbon copy of invisiframe why is it so much cheaper? £44 vs £75. Is it any good?

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:32 Quote
zapat wrote:
MacieIKS wrote:
I need to change standard RaceFace 32T Cinch chainring on Turbine cranks. I would like to swap for 28T oval Cinch chainring. Any recommendation what type to use? Do I need any special boost / non-boost / offset settings? To be honest I am not familiar about this so any recommendation I would be very grateful Smile My model is ALU One 2017 27.5. Thanks

You need the standard, non-boost cinch ring. The spindles are matching it all up with boost.
I bought the standard RF 28T ring, and it's perfect, chain stays on backpedalling everywhere.

Hello,

I have asked YT for more information about my version (Al One with RF Turbine + RF 32T circle chainring) and I have received the following information:

"It should be a boost offset chainring."

and later:

"There is only one version of the Raceface 32T chainring, so unfortunately I can't tell you the exact offset of this chainring.

However we use a 3 mm offset chainring on the pro version which has the eagle equipped, so I know that the drivetrain can work with a chainring that has a boost standard.

Unfortunately we don't have experience with the oval chainrings, but maybe somebody on the internet did the same modification to his JEFFSY and could tell you exactly, which chainring you would need."

So looks like I need Boost with 3mm offset?

Do you think if this chainring with 28T, Boost, 52mm chainline, 3mm offset will fit my X1 setup ?
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/elliptical/products/elliptical-direct-mount-chainrings-for-race-face-cinch-cranks

Anyone tested WTC oval chainrings, are they reliable?

Cheers,

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 22:31 Quote
Has anyone in America got a shipping confirmation yet?

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:
Maxxi minion SS 2.3"

The exclusion of tubeless ready tyres is actually a real pain in the....
This is 2017, who doesn't include tubeless ready tyres on new trail bikes.

Even though I agree that this is stupid​ in 2017, I run not tubeless ready high rollers​ on two of my bikes without tubes. Just add one more layer of duct tape than usual and you're golden. I'm ​using old valves from​ trashed inner tubes as well (I use a little bit of vacuum sealing tape called tacky tape to make sure they are not leaking, but I think it would work just fine without that).

If you spend 100$ on a tubeless kit then you are really lacking some creativity...

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Even though I agree that this is stupid​ in 2017, I run not tubeless ready high rollers​ on two of my bikes without tubes. Just add one more layer of duct tape than usual and you're golden. I'm ​using old valves from​ trashed inner tubes as well (I use a little bit of vacuum sealing tape called tacky tape to make sure they are not leaking, but I think it would work just fine without that).

If you spend 100$ on a tubeless kit then you are really lacking some creativity...

Might be fine with the HR2's, but I've read enough stories about different Maxxis tyres, not being fun when choosing none UST versions. Everything from sealant leaking through the sidewall, to tyres coming off the rim, due to the bead being different, and not suitable for tubeless applications.
That's more than enough to put me off trying.

Other than that, I'm not the biggest fan of the HR2's anyway. Due to the spacing between the center and sideknobs being a bit too large. Which makes them a bit unpredictable when leaning the bike. Well, atleast for me Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
KyleBochow wrote:

I have a 2017 Jeffsy 27 AL1 on hold. Emailed YT yesterday about their shipping timeframes and if the 4/26 was still OK. They responded and said that most likely my bike will be shipped out first week of May.

So...things are delayed, at least for the ALs. Can't speak for the CFs.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
chop924 wrote:
KyleBochow wrote:

I have a 2017 Jeffsy 27 AL1 on hold. Emailed YT yesterday about their shipping timeframes and if the 4/26 was still OK. They responded and said that most likely my bike will be shipped out first week of May.

Got the same response from YT yesterday...looking at the first week of May for the Al bikes.

I think those that ordered the carbon bikes have received the month long delay.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
MacieIKS wrote:
I have asked YT for more information about my version (Al One with RF Turbine + RF 32T circle chainring) and I have received the following information:

"It should be a boost offset chainring."

Dude, AL1 frame, Turbine crank, I have 53 mm chainline, with standard, 6mm RF ring. (They are 6mm right? I measured from the high to the tetth middles.) As far as I know RF cranks have different spindles, and it's already boost spindled.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
chop924 wrote:
KyleBochow wrote:

Ok thanks

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
Does anyone know or knows where the info is on what diameter seat clamp goes on the AL frames?

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
zapat wrote:
Does anyone know or knows where the info is on what diameter seat clamp goes on the AL frames?

The seat post is 31.6mm that should give you an idea of what size clamp.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013097
Mobile Version of Website