Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2023 at 6:54 Quote
makwynter wrote:
im 6”2 looking at getting a druid, thinking of getting a Large simply because i dont know how playful a XL would be, anyone who rides an XL or L at 6”2 pls let us know how it rides

6'3" here with a XL V1 Druid with a Charger 3 lyrik and I like the way the bike fits.

Suspension seems nice and playful, while staying supple.

Bike is also nimble in corners and berms too.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2023 at 9:27 Quote
makwynter wrote:
im 6”2 looking at getting a druid, thinking of getting a Large simply because i dont know how playful a XL would be, anyone who rides an XL or L at 6”2 pls let us know how it rides

I’m trying to make the same decision, but on a V2. Leaning heavily towards the Large to keep it more playful and trail bike oriented. I’m 6’3 and the V1 XL seems closer to the Large V2

Posted: Jul 17, 2023 at 10:26 Quote
makwynter wrote:

I am 6'2" and I had to ride an XL.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 13:37 Quote
makwynter wrote:

I am 5'10" and ride a large V1.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 13:25 Quote
makwynter wrote:

I originally built up a v1 Druid with an XL frame, I’m 6’2”, and while the fit was great everywhere, I already had another XL bike that was sized about the same, so I switched over to a large frame v1, it still fits good (but I’m not really picky either) but it’s smaller and more playful which is what I was looking for.

Also for some reason i could run without the lower chain guide on the XL without it skipping, but I could not do that on the large frame. When putting the torque to the cranks the chain would skip on the chainring. Looking at it the tooth engagement was the same, but I had to get another lower guide to not have this issue anymore.

So, Yeah, 6’2” on a large, because I wanted it to do different things than my plow bike

Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
6-2 with +2 ape index. forbidden recommends S3 29 or S4 mullet for the V2. anyone have thoughts on sizing?

Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 21:27 Quote
Can someone please provide a photo/ photos on how they fixed the crush zone issue on the Druid v1 please. I'm after ideas to sort mine out thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 21:28 Quote
H2oboy281 wrote:
Can someone please provide a photo/ photos on how they fixed the crush zone issue on the Druid v1 please. I'm after ideas to sort mine out thanks in advance.
Can you elaborate?

Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 21:55 Quote
Roost66 wrote:
H2oboy281 wrote:
Can you elaborate?
its the area below the seat post wear rear frame attaches stones get in and can damage carbon. I've heard chain slap tape can be fitted but not sure how?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 5:06 Quote
H2oboy281 wrote:
Roost66 wrote:
H2oboy281 wrote:
Can you elaborate?
its the area below the seat post wear rear frame attaches stones get in and can damage carbon. I've heard chain slap tape can be fitted but not sure how?

Get the rear fender with moto foam

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 8:04 Quote
H2oboy281 wrote:
Roost66 wrote:
H2oboy281 wrote:
Can you elaborate?

Home Depot sells gutter foam which is the same thing. Get some of that, cut it to shape add 2-3 dabs of RTV silicon sealant in the right areas and it does not move. If you really need to take it out iso alcohol removes RTV.

I used this method before the longer fender with the flanges (removes the need for the RTV) was available. But after I got the kit I kept using the 'custom cut' gutter foam. The Frrbbiden provided foam has to be compressed to fit, which is counter productive IMO.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 13:31 Quote
rsmisko wrote:
H2oboy281 wrote:
Roost66 wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Get the rear fender with moto foam

This is the solution...and it's free.
https://us.forbiddenbike.com/collections/all/products/winter-fender-pack

Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 13:42 Quote
slcmonkey wrote:
6-2 with +2 ape index. forbidden recommends S3 29 or S4 mullet for the V2. anyone have thoughts on sizing?

Currently borrowing a S4 all 29'er V2 Druid at 6'2" and the fit is perfect for me.

Riding terrain is North Shore / sea to sky - flown tech, steeps and riding around skinnies.
My biggest problem will be finding the money to get one Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
benhg wrote:
slcmonkey wrote:

Currently borrowing a S4 all 29'er V2 Druid at 6'2" and the fit is perfect for me.

Riding terrain is North Shore / sea to sky - flown tech, steeps and riding around skinnies.

Trying to decide between an S3 or S4 29'er currently. I'm 6'3 and not interested in the mullet configuration. Does the long CS and wheelbase feel weird in slow tech or tight trails? I'm sure it's amazing on wide open flow and chunck.

Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 15:55 Quote
Hookem34 wrote:
benhg wrote:
slcmonkey wrote:

Trying to decide between an S3 or S4 29'er currently. I'm 6'3 and not interested in the mullet configuration. Does the long CS and wheelbase feel weird in slow tech or tight trails? I'm sure it's amazing on wide open flow and chunck.

It doesn't feel weird to me. I'm coming from a 27.5 Bronson, and it actually feels more compact...maybe a tad less slack ? Not sure. I've not done anything slow tech, but tighter trails it still feels responsive enough to my inputs, but I guess that's a really personal matter.
If I was 6'3" I don't think I'd be looking at the S3, but whatever you go with, I think you'll find it's a good time Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013243
Mobile Version of Website