Powered by Outside

Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Think I might go to a coil shock on the Spire… what’s the market value for a Fox Float X2 Factory?

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
heavypedalmtb wrote:
Think I might go to a coil shock on the Spire… what’s the market value for a Fox Float X2 Factory?

Go to buy/sell and look what everyone else is selling them for.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
heavypedalmtb wrote:

I got $3.50

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
heavypedalmtb wrote:

Look at the buysell on this website to see the Market. I just sold one for $420

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys. Mostly curious what you had netted or if any of you had sold yours…

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
Anyone want share their settings on the X2 after hitting some park laps?

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
heavypedalmtb wrote:

185-190lb
240 psi
1 vol spacer
HSC - 6/9
LSC - 11/16
HSR - 5/8
LSR - 8/17

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
nubbs wrote:
heavypedalmtb wrote:

185-190lb
240 psi
1 vol spacer
HSC - 6/9
LSC - 11/16
HSR - 5/8
LSR - 8/17

Awesome! Thank you. I need to go on a diet now. Hahaha.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
nubbs wrote:
heavypedalmtb wrote:

185-190lb
240 psi
1 vol spacer
HSC - 6/9
LSC - 11/16
HSR - 5/8
LSR - 8/17

Is that your normal settings or do you adjust for park?

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 20:34 Quote
photo
New Spire is built up and has one ride so far. My previous bike was a V1 Sentinel Carbon and this bike gets all hand down parts with a few exceptions. Reverb has been replaced with a PNW Loam dropper and my MRP chain guide has been replaced with the Cascade Components Chain guide which fits the Spire really nicely.
Size report. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and a 6' wingspan. I chose to go for a Medium Spire. My Sentinel was a Large and it often felt just a bit long for me so I had a really hard time deciding if I should go for a L (bigger reach than before) or try to drop down to the medium. After my first ride I am happy to report that the medium is just what I wanted. The climbing position (seat side back as far as it can be) is actually better than on Sentinel and my bike has the snappy playful feel I was hoping to get. I do think the smaller reach will make some things feel a littler harder compared to the L Sentinel but if anyone else has similar proportions as me just know you be happy whichever size you choose.
Lastly, I don't know if I have seen this posted yet but at least on my size M the "accessory mounts" are useless with a water bottle. There just is not enough room for anything to easily fit in that space, but there is plenty of room behind the seat tube to strap a tube.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
nubbs wrote:
heavypedalmtb wrote:

185-190lb
240 psi
1 vol spacer
HSC - 6/9
LSC - 11/16
HSR - 5/8
LSR - 8/17

What is your 38 setup?

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 0:51 Quote
EKrum wrote:
photo
New Spire is built up and has one ride so far. My previous bike was a V1 Sentinel Carbon and this bike gets all hand down parts with a few exceptions. Reverb has been replaced with a PNW Loam dropper and my MRP chain guide has been replaced with the Cascade Components Chain guide which fits the Spire really nicely.
Size report. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and a 6' wingspan. I chose to go for a Medium Spire. My Sentinel was a Large and it often felt just a bit long for me so I had a really hard time deciding if I should go for a L (bigger reach than before) or try to drop down to the medium. After my first ride I am happy to report that the medium is just what I wanted. The climbing position (seat side back as far as it can be) is actually better than on Sentinel and my bike has the snappy playful feel I was hoping to get. I do think the smaller reach will make some things feel a littler harder compared to the L Sentinel but if anyone else has similar proportions as me just know you be happy whichever size you choose.
Lastly, I don't know if I have seen this posted yet but at least on my size M the "accessory mounts" are useless with a water bottle. There just is not enough room for anything to easily fit in that space, but there is plenty of room behind the seat tube to strap a tube.
Sick bike!
I’m 5’10” and also on a medium (patrol, but sizing and reach between the two is the same), I really recommend experimenting with a 50mm stem if you haven’t already. It just gave me a little bit more room in the cockpit. I’m running a 76projects accessory strap on mine with a CO2 and plug kit and it all fits in there nicely.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
falkyn wrote:
nubbs wrote:
heavypedalmtb wrote:

185-190lb
240 psi
1 vol spacer
HSC - 6/9
LSC - 11/16
HSR - 5/8
LSR - 8/17

What is your 38 setup?

38: 110 psi 1 spacer
LSC: 9 HSC: 7
LSR: 9 HSR: 5

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 20:33 Quote
I've had a few rides on my size M Spire (I'm 5'10") with an MRP Hazzard. I think it's super rad, great traction in the rough but still poppy on jumps with the progressive coil.

photo

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
The Spire is still blowing me a away as a super versatile bike - instead of my usual steep tech, this weekend I was riding fast and poppy trails, then towing my boy up the hills on a blue trail and it was still a blast.

I do have a couple of small issues to work out. It has stated making a loud cracking/creaking noise from the front - I'm hoping it's headset bearings rather than CSU but I'm struggling to work out which replacement bearings to get.

- Can anyone help out with a supplier, preferably UK, for new bearings to fit the FSA headset?

Also, my shock is making a squelching noise, most particularly for the first few cycles from rest, and the shock feels like it could have a bit more support. Setting the 2 pos lever to firm makes no detectable difference. I have upped the pressure and added a spacer but it still seems to sit into the travel so I think it needs to be looked at, hopefully on warranty.

- Can anyone comment about how much detectable difference there should be with the 2 pos lever on firm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012807
Mobile Version of Website