General DH Discussion
Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

HT

linky thing
Price?
Expensive, i'd check out spank spikes if i were you. The shape is good, they're nice and thin, and a good bit cheaper than po1nt's
large platform, very grippy, durable and good for downhill?

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
Abrunhosa wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
Price?
Expensive, i'd check out spank spikes if i were you. The shape is good, they're nice and thin, and a good bit cheaper than po1nt's
the platform is large, grippy, and good for downhill. I dont know how durable they are, although I think my friends pair are surviving whistler just fine.

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
Nobble wrote:
the platform is large, grippy, and good for downhill. I dont know how durable they are, although I think my friends pair are surviving whistler just fine.
Better than dmr vault? i can get them both real cheap, just a bit confused on which to choose, really liking the spank spike

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 15:43 Quote
Abrunhosa wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
Better than dmr vault? i can get them both real cheap, just a bit confused on which to choose, really liking the spank spike
My only concern on spank are the lack of pins

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 19:04 Quote
Lack of pins? There are 10 per side... I know people who take some out because they have too much grip.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.ridemorebikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/spank-spike-flat-pedal.jpg
Edit: and i've heard bad things about the durability of the DMR's.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 19:15 Quote
I love the spank pedals. But like nobble said, pop out a few pins

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 19:39 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Lack of pins? There are 10 per side... I know people who take some out because they have too much grip.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.ridemorebikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/spank-spike-flat-pedal.jpg
Edit: and i've heard bad things about the durability of the DMR's.
Umm, ok, ill go for the spike but read in a review that they are too close to the cranks? is that bad?

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 21:38 Quote
I use these Acros AFlat pedals.
photo
Theyre awesome. On par with Defactos, a lil wider and a lil thinner.
Personally I dont like super thin pedals like the Point1 or Crampons.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 12:48 Quote
Hi this saturday i have the last round of the North Island Nz dh series in Hunua, Auckland. The tracks flat but clay so if it drizzels its ment to be slippery az. What tyres will be better, Conintel Rubber Queens or Maxxis High rollers?? thanks

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
Personally i think the high roller is an awesome all condition tire.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Personally i think the high roller is an awesome all condition tire.
Thanks. It is the standard single ply one i dont think its the dh one. Not high roller 2s.

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 at 1:57 Quote
Hola, new to this thread but have posted in the BMX General Discussion a few times. My MTB riding is getting a lot more downhill than climbing these days, and I am concerned that my helmet won't handle a fall. Trips to Llandelga, New Forest and Cannock planned for the new year...would welcome some advice on a decent Freeride-esque open face helmet. Looking at Urge-Enduro (looks a bit X-Men/Sci-fi), Giro Feature, Bell Super (££), POC Trabec (£££)...any other thoughts/ideas. Particularly lesser well known ones which are good. Ta, J

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 at 4:30 Quote
661 recon i think its called? My mate dad has one and seems to like it.

I recommend the urge personally but its best to try them on before as they suit different head shapes better than others.

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
I'm recommend you the dmr vault flats. Very bright platform. 2 pin longs and a good weight 400g

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.139843
Mobile Version of Website