Powered by Outside

"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
i worked up to 20" today on my bike...any tips to getting higher than that?

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
harrison93 wrote:

That's high in my books. That's my highest on my BMX.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
harrison93 wrote:

push with your cranks. punching your drivetrain and learning to master that can help you with many other tricks. side hops, 180's from a dead standstill, list goes on. pedal kicking. Try learning to punch the drive train and manipulate your bike in the air and you'll get higher hops. moving, or standing still. good luck to ya.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 3:44 Quote
3 stairs so about 50cm. well that was over something so a little bit higher than that. i need to learn to tuck the bike up infront so i can boost with my ass behind the rear wheel

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
i've gotten up things about 2.5-3 feet high but not clean on the rear wheel. i'd guess i could get 20" clean on a good day.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
harrison93 wrote:
Jump UP something (not over, it'll freak you out). So go find a loading dock (the best) or like a 4-5 stair and practice going up that. (bring spare tubes!)
More speed is not necessarily your friend here, especially with the stairs (timing is everything).
If you want an easy and safer way to do it, go to your favorite stair case, and start putting 2x4's (or something) on top, stacking them higher and higher as obstacles to get over! (No flats!!)

I can do bar height on my street bike right now.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
3 stairs so about 50cm. well that was over something so a little bit higher than that. i need to learn to tuck the bike up infront so i can boost with my ass behind the rear wheel
I normally catch the bars with my legs on the way up to get the bike tucked.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
i can bunnyhop about 28"-30"Big Grin
ill try n get a pic tomorrow

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 15:23 Quote
I saw someone bunny hop 110cm yesturday Eek . Oh yer it was Martyn Ashton Big Grin

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
i haven't got any pics of me bunny hoping flat, but i can do a quite high hop off a ramp Smile
photo

ill try get one done flat tho : ) (pic)

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
32-36" flat, I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
I have to hop a lot to get to places.. so I'm pretty much a bunny.

I hop about 15 inches in a parking lot with nothing near me but flat-ness.

I hop about 26~30 inches, depending on whether if I'm going at a comfortable speed or not, with something to hop over.

I hop about 35 inches when I have to get onto something. Why 20 inches more? Because I simply transfer my weight forward as soon as my front wheel touches down and use that momentum to clear my back wheel.

And I've read a lot of bullshit in this thread. 1 stair is not 1 foot. I think you guys have your visual measurement screwed up.

The only legitimate picture I've seen is sherbet's.

EDIT: This is when I'm riding my bmx.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
theminsta wrote:
I have to hop a lot to get to places.. so I'm pretty much a bunny.

I hop about 15 inches in a parking lot with nothing near me but flat-ness.

I hop about 26~30 inches, depending on whether if I'm going at a comfortable speed or not, with something to hop over.

I hop about 35 inches when I have to get onto something. Why 20 inches more? Because I simply transfer my weight forward as soon as my front wheel touches down and use that momentum to clear my back wheel.

And I've read a lot of bullshit in this thread. 1 stair is not 1 foot. I think you guys have your visual measurement screwed up.

The only legitimate picture I've seen is sherbet's.

And how do we know your post isn't bullshit?

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
Pinkbike science, nice.

Views: 560    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

The box plus two bricks was 13 inches. I comfortably cleared it, but as it's on a little bit of a slope... I'd say maybe 14 inches?

As high as ito could hop his XC bike.... that puts me in my place lol

Interestingly, I don't do much worse on my 7" bike.

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
E709535 wrote:
i haven't got any pics of me bunny hoping flat, but i can do a quite high hop off a ramp Smile
photo

ill try get one done flat tho : ) (pic)
no comments?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.791296
Mobile Version of Website