Powered by Outside

The uses of inner tubes!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
The uses of inner tubes!
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
They also work mighty well keeping air in your wheels!

thats been said at least once every page LoL

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
I used three of them to fix my younger brother's pitch-back (you know, the mesh thing that you can throw baseballs at, and they bounce back so you can keep pitching).

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
freeride5 wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
idk if it's been posted, but i saw a few guys at N* with them on the lowers on their 40's. i haven't figured out what it would do. if you were gonna fall and crack them, then the tube won't help.
fox 40 lowers are thin do there light its possible to peirce them
I doubt it. I'd like to see someone try
Not my picture.
photo

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
RM396 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
freeride5 wrote:

fox 40 lowers are thin do there light its possible to peirce them
I doubt it. I'd like to see someone try
Not my picture.
photo

hahaha owned!!

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
I have used old inner tubes as bar tape. I did it a few times. It actually works really good!

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I have used old inner tubes as bar tape. I did it a few times. It actually works really good!
Thats a good idea tup

did you just cable tie them on ?

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
MattyCatchy wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.flybikesbmx.com/modules/proyects/images/6.jpg

Wow!

Whats the point in that???
i heard they are to be used if you get a flat while riding, you dont need tools to take your wheel off, you just slip it in

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
towers08 wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Thats a good idea tup

did you just cable tie them on ?

Nope, I didn't use anything except the inner tube and bar plugs.

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
Cut a piece of inner tube into an elastic band shape, slip in over your bar grip. If you lean your bike against a wall / tree etc, use the tube piece to sandwich the brake lever to the bar, instant parking brake!! (mbaction tip)

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
joefrommonroe wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:
joefrommonroe wrote:
if you fill one til it explodes it scares the living shit out of eveyone within a 20ft radius.

lol lol classic
we have those digital auto air pumps at the gas station, you just put in the psi, connect and stand back, it does it all for you
i wounder what psi is needed

i took a 26x2.5 and it got about 4 feet in diameter before it exploded. not sure what psi though, but man, my ears rang for a couple minutes.

if you just pump up a tube a pump will say liek 0psi as there is nothign for it to push against so you cant fill a tube to a psi if you pump a tyre to 50psi it means there are 50 Poundsof air per Square Inch (PSI)

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
i managed to blow a cheap xc one in my FR wheels the other week. i now have a huge score mark on the incide where it whipped the tyre. it almost tore it off the rim! lol

Posted: Feb 26, 2012 at 11:09 Quote
I Threaded a heavy duty chain through an old inner tube to make a protective sleeve, like a ghetto motorbike lock!

Posted: Feb 26, 2012 at 19:43 Quote
gixernick1 wrote:
I Threaded a heavy duty chain through an old inner tube to make a protective sleeve, like a ghetto motorbike lock!
I like that idea. I've got a chain lock with a plastic cover that's falling apart; I'll replace it with a tube.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019122
Mobile Version of Website