2022 Epic Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2022 Epic Evo
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 13:08 Quote
musso wrote:
would a 130mm fork be optimal then on this bike perhaps running it in the higher flip-chip setting?

I'm sure slack or neutral flip chip setting would work just fine with 130 mm fork. With my 140 mm I had only ran it in neutral. I've yet to throw in the 130 mm air spring, but in the mean time ran a SID Luxe and SID ultimate fork. I don't understand the hype with those two, they ran harsh for my proper sag, so i'm back on the factory DPS and 34 with Grip 2 and VVC, which for me at 210 lbs, at proper sag, provide way better small bump sensitivity. Sad, because I wanted to love the SID stuff.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 13:08 Quote
kookoos wrote:
I have a 130 fox upfront and increased the rear to. 190x45 w a fox dps. Gives it 10 mm more travel. I have 4 mm clearance On the rear triangle. The bike is still wicked fast. If I had a do over I’d buy a SJ and call it good. But it was a fun project and I got rid of the garbage suspension it came with!

Mike

How did you measure 4mm of tire clearance LMAO

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 17:29 Quote
Dear simAnn.
From the bridge where the tire rotated towards the seat post. Rear triangle. Do you have a better term? I also used a ruler that has mm on it. Anything you know more useful? Also yiu seem to be the most knowledgeable about epic evos so I apologize if I’m not in your wheel house. You have corrected me many times in this thread. Enjoy your world!
Xoxoxo
Kisses
Lmafo

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
Hey, there. This is my first RockShox bike, and remembering back to my bikeshop days, identifying parts for Rockshox is a nightmare. I've been searching high and low for the service kit for this bike, but can't seem to dial in one for the exact fork. Anyone have a link to the specific 50 hr and 200hr service kit for the new 120mm Sid Select+ on the 2022?

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Also, the EE might be the ultimate full sus bikepacking bike.

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
New epic evo colors are posted now on specialized

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Cboswel1 wrote:
Hey, there. This is my first RockShox bike, and remembering back to my bikeshop days, identifying parts for Rockshox is a nightmare. I've been searching high and low for the service kit for this bike, but can't seem to dial in one for the exact fork. Anyone have a link to the specific 50 hr and 200hr service kit for the new 120mm Sid Select+ on the 2022?

Just put the serial numbers printed on the back of the fork crown and on the shock in here it will give you tuning info, service documents, service kit part numbers and even what upgrade kits/dampers that are available.

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 6:06 Quote
[Quote="sobanbhatti"]
combfilter wrote:
Interesting in a couple of ways. You are a racerboi with the quarq, but went with 130mm fork. Also, you have a large but 170mm cranks.

Great Buildup, nice looking bike.

Haha good observations. Yes as someone who is fitness focused with previous racing background, I love metrics and all my bikes have power meters. 170mm cranks to better suit my inseam. Medium felt too short and glad I sized up.

Hi, what is your height? I am 179 cm (5ft10') and I am stuck between M and L... Medium feel like a little bit to cramped and maybe I could put longer stem, and Large feels ok, but I always preferred smaller frames and rode Medium bikes, but with old non-trail geometry, reach etc.

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 6:10 Quote
Cantle406 wrote:
I ended up finding a L NX build in the cement gray at a local shop… planning to swap all the stuff of my M epic HT onto this thing, and swap the fork/shock to something fox flavor.

I’m forever in the can ride a M or a L camp, and went L this go ‘round to a bit of a marathon/trail style bike… and all these weights being tossed around make me feel good about that. One thing I don’t like is the high seat tube, but I can still fit a Oneup 150mm dropper in there, so no huge deal.

I’ll post up one I make some progress on it.

Hi Cantle406, could you tell me what is you height please? I am stuck between M and L and I can't decide... I am 5ft10' which is 179 cm, tried Medium and Large and Medium felt a little bit cramped but I thought about replacing stem for 80 mm if that helps. I am not sure. What are your thoughts? Thank you

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
sobanbhatti wrote:
Just picked this up. Time to build!

2022 Epic Evo Large

Hi, what is your height please? I am stuck between Medium and Large....

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
griellwe wrote:
Cantle406 wrote:
I ended up finding a L NX build in the cement gray at a local shop… planning to swap all the stuff of my M epic HT onto this thing, and swap the fork/shock to something fox flavor.

I’m forever in the can ride a M or a L camp, and went L this go ‘round to a bit of a marathon/trail style bike… and all these weights being tossed around make me feel good about that. One thing I don’t like is the high seat tube, but I can still fit a Oneup 150mm dropper in there, so no huge deal.

I’ll post up one I make some progress on it.

Hi Cantle406, could you tell me what is you height please? I am stuck between M and L and I can't decide... I am 5ft10' which is 179 cm, tried Medium and Large and Medium felt a little bit cramped but I thought about replacing stem for 80 mm if that helps. I am not sure. What are your thoughts? Thank you

I'm
5'9" on a medium with a 60mm stem. If I was any taller I'd go with a large. I think with a 80mm you'll fell to far over the front.

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:

I'm
5'9" on a medium with a 60mm stem. If I was any taller I'd go with a large. I think with a 80mm you'll fell to far over the front.

Thank you. Yes, I think changing stem length by 25% is not ideal with this geometry and I would like to avoid any modifications to be honest. I am 5ft10' so slightly taller than you.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 8:06 Quote
griellwe wrote:
sobanbhatti wrote:
Just picked this up. Time to build!

2022 Epic Evo Large

Hi, what is your height please? I am stuck between Medium and Large....

I am 5'8" but my wingspan is 5'11" which makes me fit better on Large frames. Medium feels really cramped in the cockpit. Initially I was using a 40mm stem but 50mm or 60mm feels best. Given your height I would say go with Large frame a shorter stem if needed

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
griellwe wrote:
Thank you. Yes, I think changing stem length by 25% is not ideal with this geometry and I would like to avoid any modifications to be honest. I am 5ft10' so slightly taller than you.

Go with a Large. You will probably feel great with a 40-50 mm stem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014106
Mobile Version of Website