Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
fullbug wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:

It is a pf30 bb. Just find the right adapters then? Chainline will still be ok?
Yep pretty sure.

some brand solutions better than others?
If your buying the cranks online they usually come with a BB I think. Not 100% sure. If your going to try to get adapters for the bb you would need the internal diameter to be 41mm instead of 30mm. If you can't find the adapters just get a compatible bb. for pf shimano makes one that works with their cranks.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:16 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
Yep pretty sure.

If your buying the cranks online they usually come with a BB I think. Not 100% sure. If your going to try to get adapters for the bb you would need the internal diameter to be 41mm instead of 30mm. If you can't find the adapters just get a compatible bb. for pf shimano makes one that works with their cranks.

got it. much thnx! giving zee cranks/bb from my podium to friend to use on demo. will look for threaded adapter then.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:19 Quote
fullbug wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:

got it. much thnx! giving zee cranks/bb from my podium to friend to use on demo. will look for threaded adapter then.
If there is an adapter that can change the bearing size from made for 30mm spindle to made for 24mm spindle then that would probably work too.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
laramee wrote:
So... I weigh 220 lbs

I have a 300 rate Spring on my Gambler.

Do I need to get something a little burlier?

Thanks Guys.

This is what I use for my spring rates http://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

Struggling with it.

I have a 250 rear spring on my gambler and im 220lbs.

You think I should go to 300 or even 325??

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
laramee wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
laramee wrote:
So... I weigh 220 lbs

Thanks Guys.

Struggling with it.

depending on how much sag you want, but the 325 looks good.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
laramee wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
laramee wrote:
So... I weigh 220 lbs

Thanks Guys.

Struggling with it.

Is that 220lbs with or without kit on? And what are your Shock Stroke and Wheel travel measurements? It'd be something like 8.75x2.75 or 222x70, Also what shock (Damper) is it?

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
laramee wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Struggling with it.

Is that 220lbs with or without kit on? And what are your Shock Stroke and Wheel travel measurements? It'd be something like 8.75x2.75 or 222x70, Also what shock (Damper) is it?
It's a gambler so 3.5 inch stroke and 210mm travel. The shock doesn't make much difference. You'll want to look at 4 bar/vpp or single pivot/dw. Technically the gambler is single pivot, being being linkage driven I'm not really sure where that lands it. It's fairly linear so I'd err to the side of single pivot. If you can find a 325 I'd go with that, but a 300 is probably fine otherwise.

Edit: Using Cane Creek's thing which allows you to select the bike I'm getting 316lb/inch spring with 2 turns of preload. I'd say that put's you pretty solidly on a 325 if you can find one.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:34 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
laramee wrote:

Struggling with it.

Thanks again guys!

It's a gambler so 3.5 inch stroke and 210mm travel. The shock doesn't make much difference. You'll want to look at 4 bar/vpp or single pivot/dw. Technically the gambler is single pivot, being being linkage driven I'm not really sure where that lands it. It's fairly linear so I'd err to the side of single pivot. If you can find a 325 I'd go with that, but a 300 is probably fine otherwise.

Edit: Using Cane Creek's thing which allows you to select the bike I'm getting 316lb/inch spring with 2 turns of preload. I'd say that put's you pretty solidly on a 325 if you can find one.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
laramee wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Thanks Dude

The TI Springs 325 x 2 should fit the bill!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:44 Quote
laramee wrote:
laramee wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

Thanks Dude

no, you need a 325x3.5

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
Nobble wrote:
laramee wrote:
laramee wrote:

Thanks Dude

no, you need a 325x3.5

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 9:48 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Nobble wrote:
laramee wrote:

Thanks Dude

no, you need a 325x3.5

OK,

Thanks

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
laramee wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Nobble wrote:
no, you need a 325x3.5

OK,

Thanks

Not the question you asked I know, but....

Check out Stendec steel springs. Similar weight to ti springs, very high performance and cost less than £100.
25lb increments and everything.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
laramee wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

OK,

Thanks

Check out Stendec steel springs. Similar weight to ti springs, very high performance and cost less than £100.
similar weight to extremely low quality Ti springs. the weight savings are actually pretty small with stendec coils. Ajax-ripper has one IIRC

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
Nobble wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
laramee wrote:

OK,

Thanks

similar weight to extremely low quality Ti springs. the weight savings are actually pretty small with stendec coils. Ajax-ripper has one IIRC

ti-springs.com springs aren't exactly the highest quality....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.468131
Mobile Version of Website