RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 14:55 Quote
9/10 on that Sherpa Ti! Titanium gang!!

photo

2012 Kona Raijin
Rockshox SID 100mm
Shimano XT cassette/shifter/derailleur
Shimano XT Levers + Shimano SLX Calipers (after my SLX levers died a couple months ago)
Eewing Cranks
PNW Pine 27.2 dropper post
White Industries XMR hubs + Velocity Blunt 35 rims
Maxxis Assegai 2.5 EXO Maxxterra + Maxxis DHF 2.5 EXO Maxxterra
Hunter Cycles Smooth Move Low Rise handlebars
Paul Components Boxcar Stem

a hair over 28lb but hoping to finish building up a new wheelset to put some much lighter tires on...

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 18:40 Quote
8/10 for that Kona. I like how the Cranks fit the frame tubing. I don't like the outer cable for that dropper but then again, there weren't many frames back in 2012 with internal cable routing (which was a pain in the ass for my new build).

Glen MX 175 with custom MXA, stem, matchmakers, and my favorite a custom head badge.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 19:46 Quote
Four By One Four?

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 21:58 Quote
mokydot wrote:
Four By One Four?
Come again?

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
Super interesting build, as usual. Why not the AXS/XTR combo you've used in the past? And why the aluminum frame over the carbon Last?
Also wonder what your thoughts are comparing the EXT versus the Intend Hover i've seen on your other bikes. I have a Hover and its amazing, never tried an EXT but people seem to love them.

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 0:04 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Super interesting build, as usual. Why not the AXS/XTR combo you've used in the past? And why the aluminum frame over the carbon Last?
Also wonder what your thoughts are comparing the EXT versus the Intend Hover i've seen on your other bikes. I have a Hover and its amazing, never tried an EXT but people seem to love them.

I have ridden carbon for a couple of years now and while it is quite nice to have a light frame, I don't care anymore. The aluminum Last frames are quite light too and quite frankly, this bike was build to compete in Enduro races and riding in bikeparks. I would not be as careless to ride a carbon Last in these conditions as with a (much cheaper) aluminium one.

I didn't go for the AXS XTR combo because I wanted to have something really "simple" without having to worry about charging. I have not had any problems with low batteries in the 3+ years of riding AXS but I charged the batteries every once in a while. I will not have to do this anymore.

The only real downside is that the Matchmaker is shit! Trickstuff have been talking about the new one for over two years now and haven't brought it out yet. I really hope this happens soon because I can't shift without moving my hand on the grips.

As for the comparison of the EXT and the Hover... I don't really feel much of a difference in the two. The only thing I had done with the Storia was to have taken out the check valve. I really hated the sound of this shock going uphill. Works nice so far.

In March I will be going to EXT Germany to shoot a video there and will hopefully have the oportunity to test the Aria.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 0:05 Quote
Carbon or not it’s a 9.9 for me. Love it my dude!

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 11:38 Quote
9.5 on that Last build from me! It’s a beauty.

Here’s my freshly built mega 290. I know, I need better pics but otherwise can’t wait to try it out.

photo

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 19:32 Quote
Looks like a really fun ride you got there, I'll give er a 8/10

here my ugly cant

photo

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 4:29 Quote
I’d bottom that out!!!

Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 9:54 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Looks like a really fun ride you got there, I'll give er a 8/10

here my ugly cant

photo
Not massive on the tan walls but I am fond of that frame colour, 7.5/10!

Here's my freshly built Meta AM.
photo

Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 19:57 Quote
I hope that I did this correctly...

08 Pitch Comp #BANS #BANS. It looks like smart upgrades to keep an '08 on the trails. Purple is my favorite color, followed by blue and black. So you had me just on the frame. You love your bike. and it shows. Nice work/build. This Old school machine makes for a great day on general trails, and fun at places like the Sea Otter Classic, where you will get a lot of smiles and thumbs-ups as you ride by - I will give your bike - 9/10. But if you are trying to ride more serious terrain, You will need something more modern IMHO, so the bike would be more of a 7/10.

or

"Here's my freshly built Meta AM."

Which IMHO, is just a great-looking build. All the right pieces are in place. It looks like a great way to get out there on the trails. If you are using her for serious trails, and some moderate Free-riding. I will give your bike - 8-9/10.

--//--

I bought this ZFELT SURPLUS 30, in the Philippines in Jan 2020, As a result of the TAAL Volcano eruption. The "plus Size" tires were the best choice to ride in/through the leftover carnage and "Volcanic Ash" (Liquid concrete) that was on everything. You have a crusty top layer then silt/powder underneath.

Upgrades to the ZFELT SURPLUS 30 include:
1. Forks: Fox Factory 36 Float/Grip Forks (Bought used off of Pinkbike, and rebuilt inside and out)
2. Stamford Alloy Stem that is 30mm x 31.8. The bars are stock FELT Carbon Fiber - Carbon Fibre Stem Stack Rings
3. Handlebars: FELT Carbon Flat top, 31.8mm, 8mm rise x 9° sweep, 760mm width
4. Grips: FELT Wing lock-on grips
5. Saddle: WTB Volt Race
6. PNW Dropper Seat (Smooth action - but mainly because the cable doesn't move)
7. The MUQZI Dropper Seat Post Lever - CNC Alloy construction, fully Adjustable mounting, and lever position. Simple but effective design
8. Shimano XT M8120, 4-piston, Calipers with XT M8120 Levers, and 180mm ICE TECH Rotor on the front, and a 160mm ICE TECH Rotor in the rear
9. Shimano XT M8100 1x11 (11-51t) drivetrain
10. Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 1x10-speed Shadow, long cage, clutch
11. ISSI Alloy platform pedals (Anodized Purple)
12. Cranks - Race Face Aeffect (BOOST) - 170mm, Bottom Bracket - Race Face BB92
13. "Bling" with Purple and/or Oil Slick Ti/Alloy bolts throughout. Just for bling though, Steel hardware rusts VERY quickly in the humid/rainy Philippines weather
14. MAXXIS (tubeless) Minion DHF tire (27.5 x 2.80), and a MAXXIS Recon Rear tire (27.5 x 2.80)

* Tune-up - the bike was taken to frame, re-greased bearings, changed out rusted bolts, Wheels trued, etc.

Soon to be updated:
1. 203mm ICE TECH for both front & Rear Rotors * Did I mention that there are basically no XC trails where I live? We are on the crest, overlooking the TAAL Lake. There are either trails down to the lake, or on the other side of the crest, down into the valley that has the next big city, Santa Rosa.

It's actually better than a FELT SURPLUS 10 at this point.

Upgrades - Left Side Profile.Cleaner Background.
Upgrades - 3 4 Front right side view.
In Feb 2023 Upgrades to the Felt included 1. Fox Factory 36 Float Grip Forks 2. PNW Dropper Seat Smooth action - but mainly because the cable doesn t move 3. MAXXIS tires Tubeless 4. Carbon Fibre Stem Stack 5. Tune-up and regreased bearings etc. Except for the drivetrain which will be updated to an XT 1x12 10-51 soon It s actually better than a FELT SURPLUS 10 at this point.

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
9/10 Nice colour combo

photo
photo

Frame: Stanton Switchback Ti 16.5" - Blasted, no heritage wrap

Fork: Ohlins RXF M2 Coil 27.5" forks

Headset: Hope Mix & Match Cups - BLACK (Orange Head Bolt)

Stem: Hope 31.8x35mm - BLACK

Handlebar: Hope Carbon 31.8mm

Wheels: Hope Fortus 30W - BLACK

Tyres: Maxxis Highroller II 27.5 x 2.3"

Bottom Bracket: Hope BSA 30 - ORANGE

Crankset: Hope Evo 30mm, 170mm length SILVER

Chainring: Hope Evo Direct Mount 32t - BLACK

Pedals: Hope F20 Pedals - BLACK

Shifter: Shimano XT M8100

Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100

Cassette: Shimano XT M8100 10-51t

Brakes: Hope Tech4 E4 - SILVER/BLACK

Rotors: Hope Floating Rotor pair - BLACK

Seat Post: Brand-X Ascend Dropper 170mm

Seat Clamp Collar: Hope Bolted ORANGE

Saddle: Prologo Kappa 142mm

Grips: Burgtec Greg Minnar Grips with Hop Grip

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 1:40 Quote
Fyfer22,

Thanks for the props. I guess that you can tell that purple is my favorite color (lol).

Props to you! That bike is a serious piece of kit. VERY NICE BUILD.

NOTE - 1:I have Ohlins coil-overs on my BMW e46/m3, and their shocks on motorcycles, I can only imagine how great their Mnt. Bike forks are.

NOTE - 2: You have the very Shimano XT M8100 10-51t drivetrain that will be my next upgrade.

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 2:48 Quote
[Quote="Fyfer22"]9/10 Nice colour combo

photo
photo

Frame: Stanton Switchback Ti 16.5" - Blasted, no heritage wrap

--//--

You do realize that YOU BLEW it with the color scheme!??!?!

Let's see what we have going on here...

* Black Ohlin's Forks
* Black (of course) Carbon Fiber bars
* Black stem
* Black grips
* Black Pedals
* Black Seat post/saddle
* Black wheels (with Black spokes)
* Black cable housing

And YET...

SILVER CRANKS?!?!?!?!?

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????

(lol, joke/joke I couldn't resist. Yes, I have a snarky sense of humor, that I try to contain, but at times, the beast comes out)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031713
Mobile Version of Website