Powered by Outside

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: May 19, 2016 at 14:31 Quote
I'm still going to buy since I'm only 40 minutes away vs 3.5 hours to highland. Also, having fridays off is a bonus. Sorry for opening this can of worms

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 3:56 Quote
Heads up everyone. The park is closed tomorrow for the Bonefrog Challenge obstacle race. Open as usual Sunday.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
I'm still going to buy since I'm only 40 minutes away vs 3.5 hours to highland. Also, having fridays off is a bonus. Sorry for opening this can of worms

It's a can if worms that should have been opened a long time ago.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 6:43 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:
prophet413 wrote:

Unfortunately Jiminy Peak's ski lift ticket prices did the same thing after installing the wind mills. I understand you have to pay for upgrades somehow, but they charge just as much if not more than the much larger mountains on the east coast. It's a big turn off for me when the price keeps getting higher each year. I'm very surprised TM raised theirs so quickly though...I'll be going to Windham alot more now unfortunately lol.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 6:46 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:
prophet413 wrote:

I agree 200%! Back home, I can pick up a 5 mountain pass (Unlimited Vail, Keystone, Breckenridge, Park City, Northstar & Kirkwood) with 5 buddy passes for $369.

$429 for 1 smallish mountain is nuts. I'd think Thunder Mountain would want to entice the locals to ride there as much as possible. Matching Killington seems appropriate. My humble 2 cents....

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
Exactly. But to my point, you can't raise ticket prices just because they say they're going to build stuff all year long. Whatever Gracity Logic is charging for building isn't supposed to be trickled down to the consumer, it's an investment on the parks behalf, not ours. For anyone who isnt a beginner or intermediate rider, this place is terrible. Not saying its a bad mountain but so far there isn't anything challenging while remaining fun at the same time. Also advertising Hawleywood for weeks before opening day and then not having it open has gotta be the worst move theyve done yet, who does that...seriously? I went opening day this year and they said new trails were to be open but you couldn't ride Juggurnaut until 2 pm? What kind of move is that? Thats like mcdonalds advertising a new burger and when you go to get one they say sorry come back next week. Im not trying to just bash this place but too many bad management moves have been made for me to respect this place at this time. People who ski have told me for years that this place has had bad management for a long time and im starting to see what they are talking about. Sorry for the rant but as a business they should take criticism so thats what im doing.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 13:59 Quote
What trails do you have planning to be open Sunday after the Bonefrog challenge? Forecast is saying 60% chance of rain. I'm thinking about coming down. Had an awesome time each time I went last year you guys are doing a great job with the trails! Smile

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 17:15 Quote
Everything but Trillium and Hawleywood slated to open Sunday.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
It may have already been said but Highland also has to factor in that they are not a ski mountain in the winter so they need to make enough from the riding season to survive the winters. I was going to go here for the demo day but will definitely pass after reading this thread.

I agree with above, building new and awesome trails is an investment for the part to make to entice new and more customers to come and keep coming back, not an investment for the patrons to pay for every time they ride there.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
Post removed.

It was the end of a long fabulous day on the hill. I was feeling pumped about our product, then saw these comments.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 18:41 Quote
ThunderPatrol wrote:
Supply and demand Economics101.

Unfortunately it sounds like people have already been discouraged from buying season passes and tickets because of the hike in price. For me half day tickets will have to do since I drive 2hrs anyway. Like you said, supply and demand will decide in the end. It seems to me that if prices were cheaper, they would attract alot more income than the higher prices less people will pay. Just my opinion. Still love the mountain though!

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 15:40 Quote
Business 101. You need customers more than they need you.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 17:50 Quote
FlyFishingRI wrote:
Business 101. You need customers more than they need you.

BINGO

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 6:46 Quote
[Quote="seismicninja"]
ThunderPatrol wrote:
Supply and demand Economics101.

How is this applicable?

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
At TMBP right now boys. Hawleywood opens tomorrow.

@Spencer666 the Double was made for The Gronk.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011248
Mobile Version of Website