Powered by Outside

2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
Lets hope they raise a lot of these bans. Increase the rear wing width, testing bans raised, and etc.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
i think we should go back to around 2000...those were the good years.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 0:02 Quote
No, technology needs to be taken right back to the late 80s early 90s.
Thats was wheel to wheel racing.

I'm sick of all these money cutting measures, it's F1! the peak of motor racing. Teams should be able to spend as much as they bloody want no questions asked, and then test as much as they want! Testing bans are insane. It just means teams are taking new parts to tracks which could end up being dangerous if they fail due to lack of testing. Nuts. TBH. At the end of the day if Football teams are willing to pay 80 Million for a human being, why can't F1 teams spend Millions on car design and development. F1 is becoming less glamourous really, less money being thrown around and racing will be very dull next year.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 0:06 Quote
Would be sick if they removed all limits on HP, Speed, Whatever. But had the safety requirements and they coulndn't refuel.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
That would be awesome in the perspective of technology and performance but that might be more of a bore fest. But we'll never know because Bernie is obsessed with money and these cost cutting measures are actually making him money.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
I read on a few sites that a large chunk of these rule changes are coming due to popularity of the wheel to wheel of Nascar.

I don't know if it would be a bore fest. You might see some neat turbo applications, or superchargers. Maybe some big motors, maybe some small motors.

How is this making Bernie money?

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
I think these bans will create good racing but it's not F1. With the bans it's allowing more teams to come in. That means more teams to pay him to get a spot. The current teams will still be paying him the same amount to get a spot. With bans like the no testing ban puts money back into his pocket because he doesn't have to set up testing dates at various tracks.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
As a spectator i want to see cars with hyper-turbo-drives.. not ones with big fuel tanks. They tried this No changing X in the race before with the tyres, and that just ended badly (EG Kimi's high speed shunt when he flat spotted a tyre)

The BBC had some classic races on it's website that i watched.. Alonso taking Schumacher round 130R has to be one of the most insane overtaking moves ever, and that was done without KERS and without and stupid areodynamic restrictions. Theres been bugger all overtaking this year, it's been really crap. Come on FIA. Listen to your audience and give us what we want.

If you want to enter F1, money should be no object. GP2 and the lower series are for the teams that don't want to spend lots, F1 is for the elite. It should stay that way! all thats happening is it's gradually becoming GP2 Mk2.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
I'm all for that but if they did what you're saying there would be no teams in F1. Look at BMW and Toyota. BMW is leaving and they're a factory team. Toyota was about to leave. If the factory teams can barely make it how do you think other teams will get in? No one likes to lose money and it'll be hard for new teams under those regulations to get sponsors.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
Kubica will now drive for Renault in 2010.

"Renault have confirmed that Robert Kubica will be taking over from Fernando Alonso, with the Pole promising race wins and World titles.

Last week, Ferrari announced that after years of rumours Alonso would finally be joining them, leaving Renault a driver short for next season.

The rumourmill quickly linked Kubica to Alonso's vacated race-seat, a move that was finally confirmed on Wednesday by interim team boss Bob Bell.

"Ever since Robert made his grand prix debut in 2006, he has been on our radar as one of the most naturally talented drivers of his generation, and he has delivered on that promise so it's great to have secured him in one of our cars next season," said Bell.

"Renault has high ambitions and hopes for the future of the team and we feel that Robert can play a big role in fulfilling them."

The 24-year-old Pole, who has spent the last three and a half years at BMW, had been on the lookout for a new team after the German manufacturer announced they were pulling out of Formula One.

And although Renault have struggled since Alonso claimed back-to-back World titles in 2005 and 2006, Kubica believes they can return to winning ways.

"I'm very happy I will be joining Renault in the 2010 season," he said.

"I feel I have a special connection with this team because in 2005 I won the World Series by Renault.

"This gave me the chance to test with the team in Barcelona, which led to my debut in Formula One.

"I share with Renault a strong winning mentality and feel comfortable with their friendly and open attitude.

"I'm highly motivated and optimistic that together we can be at the front of the grid next year, and hopefully fighting for the World title."

Kubica's team-mate for next year's Championship has yet to be named although rumours suggest Romain Grosjean, who replaced Nelson Piquet Jr mid-season, could hold onto the second race-seat."

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
What were the odds on that at the start of the season.

Back to back British world champs! Go BUTTON!

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
Congrats to Button. But it still was a season to forget.

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
Congrats to Button. But it still was a season to forget.
we can only hope that next year will be better.

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
Congrats to Brawn for the constructor's champs........Button made use of the car when he should.....deserved champ....not so much. Screw the last coule races and lets forget about this awful, boring year.

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
This is Brawns first year correct? That is impressive.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010951
Mobile Version of Website