Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
Rode at Ing's today. Trails were perfect. There is now a huge ditch dug that completely blocks off the entire "overflow parking'" area.

Anyone in the know care to share the purpose of this? Seems a bit odd to be effectively cutting the parking capacity in half, for such a popular trailhead.

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
superman-4 wrote:
Rode at Ing's today. Trails were perfect. There is now a huge ditch dug that completely blocks off the entire "overflow parking'" area.

Anyone in the know care to share the purpose of this? Seems a bit odd to be effectively cutting the parking capacity in half, for such a popular trailhead.

photo
was wondering the same thing. It's been there a few weeks now, you can get in there with a truck, at least a week ago you could.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
Ditches typically convey water from the road.

Looks like a justification for a three million dollar parking lot so I won't have to get my e bike dusty

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:21 Quote
Anecdotal rumor (i.e nothing official in this at all). Is that it was done by Shell to prevent parking over a gas pipeline.... I've no idea as to the veracity of this though.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
tgreid wrote:

Looks like a justification for a three million dollar parking lot so I won't have to get my e bike dusty

Don't like it don't go.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
tgreid wrote:

Don't like it don't go.

More punterism at moose.......shouldn't surprise anyone...

CM!

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
Recap of the Canmore enduro here

Bit of a photo Journal here

mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
superman-4 wrote:

photo

There is definitely a gas pipeline under there. I don't know why they didn't bother putting up some signs while they were building that giant ditch. The only sign is where the pipeline crosses under the road closer to the Husky road entrance.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Climbed Family Guy to 727, then up Sulfur Springs and down Ninja Cow and Elbow Valley back to Ing's. Aside from a couple of small puddles on each trail, the conditions were absolutely perfect. Great day out there yesterday. The creek along Ing's parking is all dried up as well.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
That loop seems completely backwards

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
First time Sunday on the Elbow Loop since the 2013 floods. Overall it is much the same as always, just a bit more gravelroadlike in spots, and with a few extra uphills due to re-routes around destroyed sections. The riding was fast and fun through mountain scenery at it's finest. I had forgotten how enjoyable this ride can be. Still one bridge missing, but under construction, about 11 km out on the Big Elbow side, however the river crossing was easy.
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
GambinoSX wrote:
Climbed Family Guy to 727, then up Sulfur Springs and down Ninja Cow and Elbow Valley back to Ing's. Aside from a couple of small puddles on each trail, the conditions were absolutely perfect. Great day out there yesterday. The creek along Ing's parking is all dried up as well.

jmercier wrote:

What I have done a few times is up FG, down 727, reload via SS-Pnuema, then back to Ings on FG or SHAFT.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
GambinoSX wrote:

jmercier wrote:

What I have done a few times is up FG, down 727, reload via SS-Pnuema, then back to Ings on FG or SHAFT.

Lol. I was trying to remember the old Ridley's course today. Left from Station Flats and rode up 7-27. Now you might think that after being out for longer than my old one lap times on the course might have been a tip off that I had made a wrong turn. Ended up riding up Family guy and down Ace of Race.
Some muddy spots here and there but all very rideable. Fun day.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
A good night ride is from Ings , up elbow and ninja cow , pneuma, down 727 , up sulphur and 3rd section of pneuma, down Billy dog back to Ings . About 2hr total .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021616
Mobile Version of Website