Powered by Outside

Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
are the rootdown frames known to sell out fairly quickly?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
frigofff wrote:
are the rootdown frames known to sell out fairly quickly?

Yes.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
Yes they go fast. It depends on color too. I ordered a Sunflower frame and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow making it a 5 day turn around. Pretty sweet

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
Once I swap my parts over, I'll have my black '19 Rootdown frame posted for sale. As well as the Rockshox Lyrik and Chromag Phase 30 wheels it originally came with.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
Yeah, I was looking today for a Sunflower frame for my gf and they're already sold out in that size.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Once I swap my parts over, I'll have my black '19 Rootdown frame posted for sale. As well as the Rockshox Lyrik and Chromag Phase 30 wheels it originally came with.
What parts are you going with this time Panda?

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
Started stock GX build and made these changes.

We Are One Composites Union 29 rims,CK hubs, Schwalbe Magic Mary rubber, Cush Core in the rear
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 160mm in red, and
Hope Tech V4 brakes.

I think the Sunflower frame with the red fork is going to look rad

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
That sounds pretty sick. Any color on the hubs or the Hopes?

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
photo

photo

photo

I skipped out of work early to go pick it up. The color is unreal in person! Here is the build:

2020 Indigo M/L frame
DVO diamond @ 150mm
SLX 12 Speed drivetrain (w/ Silver Absolute black oval chainring)
XT Brakes (203/180mm rotors)
Dirt Components Rims laced to I9 Hydra Hubs (Silver)
SDG Tellis post
Chromag BZA stem and bars, Lynx seat
PNW Loam Grips

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
That sounds pretty sick. Any color on the hubs or the Hopes?

Went Matte Jet on the hubs. The brakes are orange with black rotors. No color on the wheels in case I want to mount them on my other bike which is black and dark brown. Got orange brakes because my '19 Rootdown was all black but I wanted a bit of color. I've never been a big color person so the Sunflower frame was a big step for me haha.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
Nice Aflax! Yeah that Indigo sure is somethin

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
Looks great! I say that every time! That blue seems to be the most popular color this year by far (guilty), but I think all three offerings as a group are the best colors they've had in one model year.

Everyone posting their builds up this week makes me want Chrodown to happen even more. I don't even care where, I really just want to make that banner and hang it between a couple trees...

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
aflax wrote:
photo

I skipped out of work early to go pick it up. The color is unreal in person! ...

Congratulations, that looks great. It makes me realize how much I need to wash mine. I have already logged almost 150 miles on mine since mid February.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
how do you find the 150 fork as opposed to running the recommended 160? bb still plenty high? bike looks excellent man. i would imagine the half degree steeper in the st and ha would be much appreciated on mellower terrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021019
Mobile Version of Website