"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Just found this thread, Awesome stuff
Here's my Supreme VIP Park with a SB One Boner, Blackspire Snaggle tooth ring & Gusset cog 30/12.
next,possibly is a Reverse short block rear hub. I'd been thinking of SS DH for way too long an gave up 4X so, went SS on my DMR Bolt. I REALLY like the different riding style of finding speed an flow from the line an not braking in stead of mashing the pedals an gears. Only had the car park test ATM cos grown up shit but, CANNOT wait to get this to a hill
 SSDH

Beautiful!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
dontomazo wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
dontomazo wrote:

Bro, I have exactly the same issue. I've got a Session 8 with an X7 derailleur and my chain keeps twitching. I haven't been able to solve the issue yet but i did confirm that the aligment is good and the chain actually gets on top of the sprocket tip. Like if it would be to short. I would like the derailleur to be closer to the sprocket but it's not possible and I've ordered a Rohloff tensioner to see if it helps.
Keep me posted if you find a solution.

sounds like it's trying to ghost shift. Try extended limit screws on both the upper and lower

Nope, won't work. The only thing I can do is to adjust it sideways with the short pice of wire I have that usually goes up to the shifter or bring it closer or further away from the sprocket. I don't think its close enough now but even if I replace the adjuster screw with a longer one it will start to press on the wrong surface at the derailleur. Whenever I start to pedal, the chain climbs up on the sprocket.
Old mechs can flap about a bit no matter how limited off they are. A quick fix I found was to stick a couple of zip ties around the parallelogram to stop it from trying to shift. Getting a proper tensioner is a good idea though

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
is that a rholoff or SBOne tensioner?
Danjel wrote:
DirtyCheeto wrote:
what spacer kit is that??
Danjel wrote:
I converted my Rocky Mountain Maiden last week. It runs perfekt and the cockpit is even cleaner now Smile

It´s a Reverse single speed kit https://www.reverse-components.com/en/products/single-speed-kits

photo
photo
photo
(couldn´t find out how to rotate the second picture)

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Just found this thread, Awesome stuff
Here's my Supreme VIP Park with a SB One Boner, Blackspire Snaggle tooth ring & Gusset cog 30/12.
next,possibly is a Reverse short block rear hub. I'd been thinking of SS DH for way too long an gave up 4X so, went SS on my DMR Bolt. I REALLY like the different riding style of finding speed an flow from the line an not braking in stead of mashing the pedals an gears. Only had the car park test ATM cos grown up shit but, CANNOT wait to get this to a hill
 SSDH

That's seriously a rad set up man. Thumbs down to 'grown up shit' lol.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
Cheers! though I need to change the gearing to 36/14. the 30/12 has too much kick back Frown

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
DirtyCheeto, It´s a SBOne
[Quote="DirtyCheeto"]is that a rholoff or SBOne tensioner?

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Just converted my Furious to zingle speed. After seeing it work out for a couple of you guys I gave it a go. A cutoff wheel and a punch made pretty easy work of the stock Zee derailleur. For what it is, I'd definitely recommend the conversion. Brand new Zee derailleurs with a clutch are cheaper than most of the spring driven tensioners on the market.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
Damn that’s too hot to touch!

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
Cleanest setup I've seen in ages, fair play mate!

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
a silent bike is a good bike. Smile
photo

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
Muellbeutel wrote:
a silent bike is a good bike. Smile
photo

What's that chain device with the lower jockey wheel? Is it tensioned? Could you ditch the tensioner off the rear? Something I've been looking for for ages...

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
It's only an old broken chain guide repaired with a Shimano pulley, tensioner is the standard sb1 DH in the rear.
sb1 is making a new tensioner for the pinion gearbox which will be mounted near the BB. Maybe this will be convertible to icg mounts.
Have a look at their insta/fb.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
this is pretty hot

Reed Boggs Yeti SB165

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
Nah the shifter ruins it 1/10

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
guess i didnt look good enough. looked like single speed at first

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020482
Mobile Version of Website