Powered by Outside

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 13:12 Quote
I bet it's amazing!! Still bummed I sold you that double.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 16:19 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
I bet it's amazing!! Still bummed I sold you that double.

photo

Now sporting a fresh 55 CR Slope.

Disregard all of the spacers under the stem please.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 19:41 Quote
Actually, Hawleywood opened for a preview for the last hour today. Good times await for those who fly...

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 5:12 Quote
I knew I should have stayed till closing!

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
Someone posted a vid on YouTube of Hawleywood. Looks fun but definitely not double black diamond lol

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 6:27 Quote
Can't wait to ride this! Might come down Friday after work.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
seismicninja wrote:
Someone posted a vid on YouTube of Hawleywood. Looks fun but definitely not double black diamond lol

Completely agree.

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
From the video it looks like it had a couple mandatory gap features. That's probably why it's double black diamond.

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
Rode today. Hawleywood is f*cking incredible.

The video does it no justice.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 6:51 Quote
seismicninja wrote:

Well, it's not Red Bull Rampage double black diamond, but there's enough mandatory air and 'features of consequence' that riders of less than expert bike park proficiency ought to think twice before committing to this trail...and it does demand some commitment!

As you know, every resort maintains it's own rating system and it tries to make sure its doing it's customers a service with its ratings. The Double Black rating is legit on Hawleywood, especially for the generality of bike park visitors (and, keep in mind, the number of people who count themselves as bike park riders is expanding).

And, as has been stated, Hawleywood is incredible.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 6:59 Quote
Superbman wrote:
seismicninja wrote:

Well, it's not Red Bull Rampage double black diamond, but there's enough mandatory air and 'features of consequence' that riders of less than expert bike park proficiency ought to think twice before committing to this trail...and it does demand some commitment!

As you know, every resort maintains it's own rating system and it tries to make sure it's doing it's customers a service with it's ratings. The Double Black rating is legit on Hawleywood, especially for the generality of bike park visitors (and, keep in mind, the number of people who count themselves as bike park riders is expanding).

And, as has been stated, Hawleywood is incredible.

Well said!!

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
I heard very positive feedback from my friends that went there this weekend, can't wait to get up there.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
I personally am super grateful that Thunder Mountain opened up so close to where I live and I think that The Gronk is the funnest trail in all of New England. My friends and I can go up and literally only ride Gronk all day and not get sick of it. Also got to ride Hawleywood the other day and it was super fun as well. Both trails are perfectly sculpted. Just wanted to say thanks to Gravity Logic and Thunder Mountain for building awesome shit in an awesome place. Also, everyone I know loves it too so if you're wondering whether it's worth going, just ignore any negative comments on this thread and go. You'll have so much fun.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
domthephenom wrote:
I personally am super grateful that Thunder Mountain opened up so close to where I live and I think that The Gronk is the funnest trail in all of New England. My friends and I can go up and literally only ride Gronk all day and not get sick of it. Also got to ride Hawleywood the other day and it was super fun as well. Both trails are perfectly sculpted. Just wanted to say thanks to Gravity Logic and Thunder Mountain for building awesome shit in an awesome place. Also, everyone I know loves it too so if you're wondering whether it's worth going, just ignore any negative comments on this thread and go. You'll have so much fun.

I don't think anyone is knocking the quality of the trails. I think Gravity Logic is well proven and creates some amazing stuff!

Like you, I'm super close and it would have been nice to pick up a season pass. Unfortunately, between work and wanting to experience other parks the season ticket price is cost prohibitive. I think that was the only point of contention. Oh and maybe the painfully slow chairlift and the idiotic dog policy, but that's just me. Dead Horse

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015116
Mobile Version of Website