Powered by Outside

2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?
O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:

i like ur stratagey...

Wilson... socom's have a tendancy to break after one year lol...

but i like fsr (horst) better than vpp

I agree. I have seen a couple Soccoms snap in two, where as the Wilsons I have only seen dents in them. Never ridden a VPP so cannot comment on it, but I do love how the Wilson rides. Feels pretty balanced.

VPP is sweet but it has serious brake jack... Where i ride its steep, rough but still has pedaling sections so fsr fits the bill... no brake jack, pedals great too..

East coast- Steep? TEH LIES! TEH LIES!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Neither haha I found the wilsons ride like wet noodles and the socom has way to thin of a tubeset and I hate vpp and horst link haha and intenses quality control sucks they had a whole but load of frames go out with the pivot holes bored to big.

Ryan

You ride like a wet noodle. Sorry nothing really constructive to say. Needle bearings have helped the flex issue a little. It helps you go round corners faster.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

I agree. I have seen a couple Soccoms snap in two, where as the Wilsons I have only seen dents in them. Never ridden a VPP so cannot comment on it, but I do love how the Wilson rides. Feels pretty balanced.

VPP is sweet but it has serious brake jack... Where i ride its steep, rough but still has pedaling sections so fsr fits the bill... no brake jack, pedals great too..

East coast- Steep? TEH LIES! TEH LIES!

obviously u havent been to West Virginia

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
Lived in Georgia for most my life. Did some sight seeing in WV a couple times, nothing but hills my man! But I can't really judge as I have only done sight seeing around there. Just never considered the east coast to be really "steep".

West coast is where it's at!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Lived in Georgia for most my life. Did some sight seeing in WV a couple times, nothing but hills my man! But I can't really judge as I have only done sight seeing around there. Just never considered the east coast to be really "steep".

the mtns of wv get steep... get towards snowshoe area... its big... not west big but big

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
peterman1234 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
glory cuz its stronger, and has better sus
im sure he would just snap the shit out of a session 88...idiot
ive seen 2 dented 88, no broken or dented glorys

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

the mtns of wv get steep... get towards snowshoe area... its big... not west big but big

snowshoe is steep

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
I have seen 2 hurt glorys one broken seat tube because the guy was running to short of a seath post and cranked his ass off the seat really hard broke it out the back and one dented bb tube thinger cant think of the name due to a massive rock smash goin full bore through a rock garden... hardly some drop onto a stand for a dent. I hate one season frames just like the new V-10

Ryan

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
me2menow wrote:
peterman1234 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
glory cuz its stronger, and has better sus
give a hammer, ill dent the shit out of a glory. specialized or nothing!

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
peterman1234 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
peterman1234 wrote:

not the point everything has a breaking point but as far as trail abuse goes... not a hammer...

Ryan

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
peterman1234 wrote:
me2menow wrote:

not the point everything has a breaking point but as far as trail abuse goes... not a hammer...

Ryan
one was dented because it was dropped in a shop.
sad

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
me2menow wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
peterman1234 wrote:

Ryan
sad
well neither of them are as strong as a demo so suck it.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/53099/

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:40 Quote
peterman1234 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan
sad
well neither of them are as strong as a demo so suck it.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/53099/

haha hellsyeah!!! specialized ftw!!! i want a demo right now lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
Uhm. No competition, the Glory.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
The session 88 is probably one of the best looking complete production bikes ever. but look closer. who wants big earl crap on their bike? Not me.... I spoke to Vanderham about it and he wasn't that impressed by it and he said that even shandro wasn't that overly stoked about it either.
It's light.... that would be it's best attribute. even the brake jack or anti brake jack isn't all that it's supposed to be.....plus they have been having problems with the rear ends braking ...... that's the truth.. I wouldn't want to be thrashing it at whistler.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010847
Mobile Version of Website