less is more.
+1

Holy Halos!!!!!

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 at 17:29 Quote
opinions?

maybe to over done?

photo

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
This is what HDR is about, equal exposure accross the whole image.

photo

Compared to the original

photo

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 5:57 Quote
im sorry but that is not a good example of HDR at all, it a really bad photo that you made even worse. its about bringing out the detail, not blending it in to one over exposed mush.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:04 Quote
short-circuit wrote:
im sorry but that is not a good example of HDR at all, it a really bad photo that you made even worse. its about bringing out the detail, not blending it in to one over exposed mush.
Tips? Constructive criticisms?

Might make you sound like less of a dickwad, by helping instead of just saying "that photo sucks, you did it wrong".

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:12 Quote
shred-nz-media wrote:
short-circuit wrote:
Tips? Constructive criticisms?

Might make you sound like less of a dickwad, by helping instead of just saying "that photo sucks, you did it wrong".
i didn't just say that photo sucks you did it wrong, i was more or less saying that you telling people that yours is in fact the right way to do it, is wrong. if you want some crit i would say you need more then just the sky in the picture, where is he coming from? where is he going? also in the hdr he is way to blown out, has no contrast blends right into the sky, and in the original he is the opposite, to dark and is more or less a shadow, the use of an external flash could fix that. also try not to have the bars covering the face and keep the subject out of the middle, follow the rule of thirds

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:14 Quote
Bars covering the face isn't really up to me, depends what the trick is. Also, with the rule of thirds, yeah it's not applicable in this photo, but do you have any idea how hard it is get someone where you want them in a photo of BMX/DJ/DH? It's near impossible unless using something like a 7D+ with 8FPS.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:19 Quote
shred-nz-media wrote:
Bars covering the face isn't really up to me, depends what the trick is. Also, with the rule of thirds, yeah it's not applicable in this photo, but do you have any idea how hard it is get someone where you want them in a photo of BMX/DJ/DH? It's near impossible unless using something like a 7D+ with 8FPS.
what camera are you using? i have a 40d and i keep it on single shot normally and have no problem keeping a fast moving subject where i want it (not saying im better in any way, just a matter of seeing when the rider is coming and going from there)

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 2:01 Quote
+1 to everything short circuit says.

HDR isnt going to fix your photo.

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 at 18:13 Quote
shred-nz-media wrote:

Rule of thirds is always applicable, if the subject was frame right/left it would follow rule of thirds. Any subject that is off center carries a greater graphic weight(which is what you want). Crop the image so the subject is of center and it will intensify the image more. Just a quick tip

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
photo
photo

Original and HDR.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
short-circuit wrote:
shred-nz-media wrote:
what camera are you using? i have a 40d and i keep it on single shot normally and have no problem keeping a fast moving subject where i want it (not saying im better in any way, just a matter of seeing when the rider is coming and going from there)
Ive got to agree with Short Circuit on this, a lot of what I shoot is DJ and the occasional DH type trails, and I never have any problems getting the rider in the right spot, AND IM USING A 4 YEAR OLD SONY CYBER-SHOT!!! Thats a point and shoot incase you didnt know. So stop complaining, and start working out your photography skilz.
Whip

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024132
Mobile Version of Website