Powered by Outside

Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
anyone know how much the 2014 norco aurum LE weighs and if its any good and playful? Smile

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 11:17 Quote
Thanks!
I think I'll get the 350. a friend of me had the suggested springrate from cc and he bottomed out easily with totally closed compression.

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 13:17 Quote
Laurez767 wrote:
anyone know how much the 2014 norco aurum LE weighs and if its any good and playful? Smile
Laurez767 wrote:

Playful?! The aurum is sweet! I just got a 2012 aurum 2 replaced on warranty for a 14 aurum LE and it rides pretty similar... A touch longer and slacker and it seems to track a bit better and I'm riding more deep into the shock. I have always run the shock at about 30% sag really ramping up and the fork a bit stiffer but more linear. I find it works well for me and it's very playful! Short chainstays, long front end. What more could you want? I'm only running standard shit wheels and a boxxer rc/ fox van rc which works well but the fox will be better. Personally, I'm looking to get some lighter rims, on a stronger build and te new boxxer wc with a ccdb either air or Ti coil. Not sure yet. In the meantime, as I'm paying off an enduro bike too, I may just put a charger damper in my boxxer. But it's real playful, yet efficient pedaling and effective rear end. Roots and square edges are absobed no probs and if you case a jump, you don't even know. I have only bottomed out the shock once and it's not even tuned for an aurum. I must admit, I'm more excited to go out on the aurum with the new frame than the old one so defo get a 2014. I don't know why it feels that different but it really does

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 14:30 Quote
Thx man i'm getting my new norco aurum le 2014 next week and i am SO stoked! The only problem is i'm switching from an all trails bike to downhill bike so i have to get used to the weight and things

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
My only advise with that is if you used to using clips, it will help you move the weight but wit flats, make sure you use narrow profile pedals and thin soled shoes so you are nice and close to the axle and have more feel through the pedal. 5 10 impacts for example grip like the dogs bollocks to almost anything but you can't feel the pedal so on pedally tracks your feet will struggle to stay connected.

I dot know how anyone else feels about pedals but I find that the right match up will really help the feel of the bike regardless of weight. If you can't feel anything, you will just feel sketchy and that is made worse on a heavier bike where your bum is rarely in contact with the saddle

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
My only advise with that is if you used to using clips, it will help you move the weight but wit flats, make sure you use narrow profile pedals and thin soled shoes so you are nice and close to the axle and have more feel through the pedal. 5 10 impacts for example grip like the dogs bollocks to almost anything but you can't feel the pedal so on pedally tracks your feet will struggle to stay connected.

I dot know how anyone else feels about pedals but I find that the right match up will really help the feel of the bike regardless of weight. If you can't feel anything, you will just feel sketchy and that is made worse on a heavier bike where your bum is rarely in contact with the saddle

I don't know about that bad, I hate feeling my pedal when I wear skate shoes, makes me cramp and stuff, I love my five tens and how stick they are, plus thicker pedals are stronger...

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 7:44 Quote
All personal preference. I know that my 5 10 spitfires give me cramp on my jump bike but I find with the impacts it's really hard to move your foot once it's down to get it in the perfect position and also there is very little control because you can't feel the pedal. I'm not saying no protection in the sole- no one wants big pins sticking into their feet- but I find you need a certain amount of contact with the bike that lacks with impacts. I'm gonna try some freerider vxi

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
I absolutely hate thick pedals.
they're nothing but a liability for spinning in the gnar if your foot isn't perfectly centered.
my ultra-thin HT AE-03s have made me a solid believer in thinner pedal = better, and thinner pins = better.

like others have said, it's all personal preference. I usually ride with Impacts, but my Vans grip my HTs quite well. that's something I cannot say about any other pedal I've owned.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 10:30 Quote
thereisnospoon wrote:
I absolutely hate thick pedals.
they're nothing but a liability for spinning in the gnar if your foot isn't perfectly centered.
my ultra-thin HT AE-03s have made me a solid believer in thinner pedal = better, and thinner pins = better.

like others have said, it's all personal preference. I usually ride with Impacts, but my Vans grip my HTs quite well. that's something I cannot say about any other pedal I've owned.

+1

I'm using nukeproof protons (17mm thick) which is the same as vaults. I like them cos they have easily replaceable pins, they grip insane! And they have bombproof axels but I only enjoyed using them once with impacts and that was still a bit awkward on some super flowy no pedalling tracks so I'm gonna try the freerider vxi - thinner sole and with the flat section getting feet into the right position should be easier without compramising grip.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
When I used to ride flats I had straitline pedals with shimano shoes, and that setup worked pretty awesome. 14 pins on each side all replaceable, and one of the beefiest made pedals I've ever seen.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
Why is there no le listed for 2015

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 18:39 Quote
todayisthegreatest wrote:
Why is there no le listed for 2015

because new aurums gonna come out next season!

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 19:36 Quote
So I've just picked up an aurum frame for myself, the fork bumpers aren't in too good of a condition and need replacing. The frame I have has the round bumpers as seen in the photo.
They look like bar ends or are they a specific part?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.norco.com/archives/2013/img/bikes/aurum-dirt-framekit-1.jpg

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 21:59 Quote
spudlord wrote:
So I've just picked up an aurum frame for myself, the fork bumpers aren't in too good of a condition and need replacing. The frame I have has the round bumpers as seen in the photo.
They look like bar ends or are they a specific part?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.norco.com/archives/2013/img/bikes/aurum-dirt-framekit-1.jpg
They are a specific part

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 23:22 Quote
I couldn't find any new bumpers and no one wants to sell then

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013455
Mobile Version of Website