Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Rate My Ride DJ/STREET/PARK Ver2

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Rate My Ride DJ/STREET/PARK Ver2
Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 9:20 Quote
I know quite a few guys who're really good and rarely break anything. When people boast about breaking loads of wheels or handlebars or whatever it's normally either because they're overweight or a hack.

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I know quite a few guys who're really good and rarely break anything. When people boast about breaking loads of wheels or handlebars or whatever it's normally either because they're overweight or a hack.
id agree, like i should kill wheels daily but i have never actually broke a wheel like that, its frames and stuff that suffer me

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
I am the hackest hack here and yet not a single broken parts*knocks on wood* I just keep an eye on my stuff

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 18:54 Quote
jespinal wrote:
WAit, isn't him the dude who's always on babah's facebook because he slaughters rear wheels? I mean he probably makes more tacos than taco bell

sadly that is me yes

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
redone some parts after a few spills

photo

There is not a single component on that bike that I would have chosen myself lol

Bike is fine in terms of the spec, will probably ride good enough, but way too many colors and barely any of them match. Should have tried to stick to two colors.

I tried to like this bike... But none of the greens and blues match (apart from the cranks and the grip collars). The way you've tried to go with a green rim with blue spokes and a blue rim with green spokes hasn't worked. Looks tacky as hell. The white chain and white brake hose combo is a crime. Massive chainring accentuates horrible white chain, drawing further attention to the crime you have committed. Also twin rail tires are heavy and nasty why would you buy them?

I give you props on the lowered totem though, which looks sick to be fair to you.

4/10 would not bang

Wink [/Quote]

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 22:27 Quote
dustinn wrote:
new build…opinions??
2014 babah terror

8/10

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 8:26 Quote
henry-turner wrote:
tom666 wrote:
id agree, like i should kill wheels daily but i have never actually broke a wheel like that, its frames and stuff that suffer me

You can't be weighing very much - probably why you don't taco wheels.

How have you broken your previous frames?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 8:47 Quote
Don't know really, just found them, cracked about 5 maybe?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
You've probably had a couple badly made frames - poor welds, dodgy tubing or whatever. I bet a few of those frames were second hand aswell.

Plus you ride a fair amount and try a lot of spins and stuff - so naturally you will break frames after a while

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
tom666 wrote:
You've probably had a couple badly made frames - poor welds, dodgy tubing or whatever. I bet a few of those frames were second hand aswell.

Plus you ride a fair amount and try a lot of spins and stuff - so naturally you will break frames after a while
Lets not forget that as much as henry was an ass on pb before , he actually rides his bikes. Alot. So that may be the reason his stuff break. I mean , i ride like once a month and we only have 4 riding months HAHAH no wonder my parts rarely fails ! Henry rides like everyday and learns tons of new tricks.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 9:44 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Lets not forget that as much as henry was an ass on pb before , he actually rides his bikes. Alot. So that may be the reason his stuff break. I mean , i ride like once a month and we only have 4 riding months HAHAH no wonder my parts rarely fails ! Henry rides like everyday and learns tons of new tricks.

Yeah - I did credit that he rides a fair amount.

I ride my bike twice a week, but I don't really push myself more than once I month or something when I actually go ride some jumps. Most of the time it's just pissing about.

Milford dirt jumps are being rebuilt and my local jumps should be riding now it's dried up too - so I should get a fair amount of riding in this summer. Problem for UK dirt jumpers is that it's wet as fuark too much of the time.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
tom666 wrote:

all new frames that are usually thought tho be good, 2 24 players, a black market contraband, a capital 24 and a capital 26. None of those lasted more than 6 months from new

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:19 Quote
I don't put much faith by dartmoor frames, a few of my mates have bought some shit frames from Dartmoor.

One guy bought a queenie and the brake mount cracked within a few days, so he sent it back for warranty and got a new one which had some dodgy looking weld next to the seat tube. That cracked too.

Then another guy had a cody, wasn't getting on with it too well and so bought a 26 player - when it arrived and he put his wheel in slammed against the dropouts and the wheel was pointing off at an angle because one chainstay was legit like 10mm longer than the other.

The others are surprising though. I guess it's just the volume of abuse is breaking them. Do you run high tire pressure?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:40 Quote
Some people just break weird shit, I have a knack for killing handle bars chains and tires(casing tears and such). Then there is cr who breaks damn near everything.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012691
Mobile Version of Website