Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 10:47 Quote
I'm blown away by the start nut moving around, if everything is installed properly. But I'll take your guys word on it.

I've never had a problem

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 12:42 Quote
nevi414 wrote:
Gingymp5 wrote:
Quebec2010DH wrote:

He's right about that.
Not really, if you overtorque the hell out of your crown it might hold but at proper torque settings my headset would come loose after a single run with a faulty starnut.

That's probably what it is then the star nut might be out of its normal shape. I'm going to get it back to where there's no more play for now but going to order one of those thru bolts. Just need to find out what size I'll need

Don't do it, nevi. No matter how fancy your bolt thingamabob or how secure the starfangled nut is to the steerer tube, your headset will still loosen up if you don't tighten the crown bolts... in the correct sequence. If you already know that the lower crown is tight, first you apply preload to the starnut, then tighten the clamp around the steerer tube, and finally tighten the clamps around the stanchions. If you already know the correct sequence and properly torqued the bolts on the crown but still end with a loose headset, try tightening the crown bolts a wee bit more. Fear of crushing the stanchions is real so be wise and don't hang on to the hex key like a big ape.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 17:20 Quote
I'm pretty sure it's nothing fancy it's all stock. I'm going to reset everything tm and make sure everything's at the right torque setting. Also I know your supposed go retighten bolts every so many hours of riding to make sure they're at the right torque and sadly I have been neglecting that so I'm wondering now if they could be loosening over time and that's the problem which would be pretty embarrassing

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
How can I make the transition from enduro/trail riding to downhill?

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Ride a DH bike on DH trails instead of enduro bikes on enduro trails ( are enduro trails a thing ?)

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
P-RAD1316 wrote:
How can I make the transition from enduro/trail riding to downhill?
Take whatever bike you have go find some downhill trails and start riding them. That simple. I would also suggest signing up for a local dh race in the easiest category. That will get you an idea of what dh riding is like.

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
What ever happened to Nathan Rennie ?. Just Just watching him in earthed video class

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
What's the strongest/best dh hoop that is a decent weight? Not looking for carbon just a simple, strong alu hoop

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
Can't go wrong with stans flow or hopes

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 15:28 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Can't go wrong with stans flow or hopes
Stans aren't that strong. Not saying they're bad.
Mavic Deemax have quite the reputation for being strong.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
How bad is the fox van rc?
Is it better than a Kage rc?

And how about guide r vs code for downhill

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
chair1films wrote:
What's the strongest/best dh hoop that is a decent weight? Not looking for carbon just a simple, strong alu hoop

SPANK spike

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
chair1films wrote:

SPANK spike

+1

Also: Spank Spoon

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
I just went to snow summit today and at the beginning of the day my ccdb air was feeling fine, but at the end of one run i noticed a significant amount of sag, like 75%. i got off of the bike and the shock would not extend to full travel with no weight on the bike unless i pushed the wheel towards the ground with my hands. With all the air out the shock was 'suctioned' at 100% sag. I tried taking all the air out and filling it back up, but still the same thing. Any ideas what this might be? Btw I lost the air valve cap for the shock if that makes a difference.

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
I just went to snow summit today and at the beginning of the day my ccdb air was feeling fine, but at the end of one run i noticed a significant amount of sag, like 75%. i got off of the bike and the shock would not extend to full travel with no weight on the bike unless i pushed the wheel towards the ground with my hands. With all the air out the shock was 'suctioned' at 100% sag. I tried taking all the air out and filling it back up, but still the same thing. Any ideas what this might be? Btw I lost the air valve cap for the shock if that makes a difference.

I think it's like the negative air chamber has too much air In it due to. Leaking air seal.

Send it to cane creek to get fixed

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024523
Mobile Version of Website