Reasons to not go to AXS

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:

Why would you put AXS on a Capra though? I mean I like the Capra but most that would buy AXS would normally also have a high value frame too, not a direct to consumer brand.

I have $2000 in suspension on a bike that cost me $1800....I also have XX1 and a few other "too nice" things on it I guess.......plus, it ALUMINUM!!!!! Blasphemy!

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
Saying you shouldn't put high end components on a cheaper frame has just taken this thread to new levels of stupid.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 1:22 Quote
Not really, spending more on a better frame or suspension makes more sense than spending it on electronic derailleurs that cost almost as much as the frame. You will benefit more from good geometry, suspension kinematics or high end suspension components over a bloody electronic derailleur and that is a fact not an opinion.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 2:42 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Not really, spending more on a better frame or suspension makes more sense than spending it on elctronic derailleurs that cost almost as much as the frame. You will benefit more from good geometry, suspension kinematics or high end suspension components over a bloody electronic derailleur and that is a fact not an opinion.

your logic is flawed.

Just because a frame is at the cheaper end of the market, doesn't mean it doesn't have good geo etc. And as we have discussed before, we all perceive the costs and value of things differently.

Yes, there is little point spending big money on a low end frame, when it could be put to better use, but if someone wanted to, its not a crime. Plus a drivetrain can be transferred to different bikes. It may be on a cheap frame today, but it could be on a super bling Unno (or similar) tomorrow.

I cant believe people get so upset with other spending their money on what they like.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:21 Quote
Think you are over reacting a bit mate. All I'm saying is if you have the money to throw at AXS why would you not already have spent money to upgrade the other components first. Lets be honest not a lot of people can afford or wish to pay for AXS and those that do usually have a £7000 bike already. Yea it would makes sense if you had an carbon xc hardtail, as the difference between an expensive one and cheap one is negligable and drivetrain is of more importance in xc, but if we are talking enduro bikes as most own on here there is other areas that should take priority. This may be my opinion, but I think it can be considered fact that frame, suspension and wheels make a bigger difference to performance than AXS does over XX1.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:55 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
. This may be my opinion, but I think it can be considered fact that frame, suspension and wheels make a bigger difference to performance than AXS does over XX1.

I do get what you are saying, and do agree to a point, but again, its all a personal view, some may value AXS a better investment than some fork that have more knobs that what they know to do with. Or the latest carbon frame that does little more than their current one.

I guess its horses for courses. Different strokes for different folks etc etc.

I know, lets all agree to disagree and then hopefully this thread will die a death lol

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:58 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Saying you shouldn't put high end components on a cheaper frame has just taken this thread to new levels of stupid.

I feel so ashamed.......

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Think you are over reacting a bit mate. All I'm saying is if you have the money to throw at AXS why would you not already have spent money to upgrade the other components first..

If you mean me....well, my new frame is going to be here....they claimed Sept, now it is Dec (S-Works)

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
JustAnotherRiderHere wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Think you are over reacting a bit mate. All I'm saying is if you have the money to throw at AXS why would you not already have spent money to upgrade the other components first..

If you mean me....well, my new frame is going to be here....they claimed Sept, now it is Dec (S-Works)

which model S-Works? exciting times!

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
JustAnotherRiderHere wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

which model S-Works? exciting times!

2021 Epic Evo - swapping RS out for Fox rear. The entire AXS was if I keep the XX1 that is on my current bike (Alu Specialized) or just go to AXS,

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
It seems Dan doesn't actually understand the full definition of the word 'fact' or the word 'opinion'

This thread is classic pinkbike. Morons arguing about things they haven't used.

I'm thinking about getting a coil conversion for my Lyrik... Smashpot vs Push kit? I know what I'll do, I'll base my decision on the thoughts of a couple of mongos on pinkbike who have not used either.
I'll do that instead of speaking to people who have used them.

Theres a reason dan and the other baboon dont have axs. Its because retards cant pay for shit.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
It seems Dan doesn't actually understand the full definition of the word 'fact' or the word 'opinion'

I'm thinking about getting a coil conversion for my Lyrik... Smashpot vs Push kit? I know what I'll do, I'll base my decision on the thoughts of a couple of mongos on pinkbike who have not used either.

Theres a reason dan and the other baboon dont have axs. Its because retards cant pay for shit.

Having an iq of 152 I would think makes you the retard relative to me so don't even go there bud because I'll humiliate you.

And to answer your question I owned a Smashpot, it was great and my decision to choose it over the PUSH was based on logic, something you seem to lack. Do you need to go to space to know the earth isn't flat? I don't have to try AXS to know what it does for a start and secondly it could shift 10 x smoother than my current setup and still that would not constitute the same performance increase as much better geometry, suspension or a 500g lighter wheelset.
Lets see if your AXS ends up on any downhill bikes or drivetrains, how much you wanna bet that it won't?

Oh and regarding affording shit, what bike do you ride? Cos your online album suggests you rode a mid spec Nomad gen 3 whilst renting a flat in the centre of Scotland with 1950s decor mr Rockefeller

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
This thread is hitting whole new levels of.. there is no nice word for it... , even by PB standards.... Big Grin Unsubscribed...

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:

Having an iq of 152 I would think makes you the retard relative to me so don't even go there bud because I'll humiliate you.

And to answer your question I owned a Smashpot, it was great and my decision to choose it over the PUSH was based on logic, something you seem to lack. Do you need to go to space to know the earth isn't flat? I don't have to try AXS to know what it does for a start and secondly it could shift 10 x smoother than my current setup and still that would not constitute the same performance increase as much better geometry, suspension or a 500g lighter wheelset.
Lets see if your AXS ends up on any downhill bikes or drivetrains, how much you wanna bet that it won't?

Dan, you embarrass yourself firing off IQ numbers when you demonstrate above that you don't grasp the actual meanings of the words fact and opinion. You've consistently argued day in day out on the forum and it shows that you're not very intelligent. It's obvious from your profile that you sit on pinkbike all day. Still live with your parents no doubt.

One cannot argue with idiots so I'll leave you here and wont be responding to you again.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Think you are over reacting a bit mate. All I'm saying is if you have the money to throw at AXS why would you not already have spent money to upgrade the other components first. Lets be honest not a lot of people can afford or wish to pay for AXS and those that do usually have a £7000 bike already. Yea it would makes sense if you had an carbon xc hardtail, as the difference between an expensive one and cheap one is negligable and drivetrain is of more importance in xc, but if we are talking enduro bikes as most own on here there is other areas that should take priority. This may be my opinion, but I think it can be considered fact that frame, suspension and wheels make a bigger difference to performance than AXS does over XX1.

Because I’d rather own the alloy frame versus the carbon one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012737
Mobile Version of Website