Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
@chwk wait... you stripped the white bike? the coolest slopestyle paintjob ever?? Facepalm

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 10:11 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
@chwk wait... you stripped the white bike? the coolest slopestyle paintjob ever?? Facepalm

Facepalm harder. The paint was shit and barely hanging on the frame. It's a 2009 frame. It's seen some shit.

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 10:34 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
the coolest slopestyle paintjob ever?? Facepalm

lmfao what, deranged opinion

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 19:03 Quote
chwk wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Facepalm harder. The paint was shit and barely hanging on the frame. It's a 2009 frame. It's seen some shit.

Oh all right then Big Grin

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 19:05 Quote
sherbet wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
the coolest slopestyle paintjob ever?? Facepalm

lmfao what, deranged opinion

Perhaps I haven’t seen enough slopestyle bikes…

I think it’s grand Beer

Posted: Oct 26, 2023 at 3:32 Quote
def 100% trail bike

Posted: Oct 26, 2023 at 7:03 Quote
Raw is very difficult to beat in terms of hotness, s'all I'll say.

Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 11:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Raw is very difficult to beat in terms of hotness, s'all I'll say.
Totally agree

Posted: Dec 22, 2023 at 8:39 Quote
I have a question for the group. I know that slopeduro bikes have been all the rage recently and taken over the social media scene. I’ve had a build idea for a while that I’m wanting to start that’s the same concept but flipped. A Slopestyle frame built with gears, a dropper, and adjustable front suspension with the idea being that you can lap longer jump trails but also give you more versatility to ride some XC/local trails. The newer Specialized SX enduro comes to mind. Is this a dumb idea?

Posted: Dec 22, 2023 at 12:26 Quote
the issue with that is the lowering and raising of the fork will give you worse geometry in one of the setups, either your trail setup with more travel becomes too short in reach or the jump setup will be too long and too slack

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
I have ridden my SX on some pretty rowdy trails. This summer I lapped A Line and Dirt Merchant on it. Honestly part of the beauty of the slope bike is the low weight, static post, single speed etc. I think I could get a dropper and gears on it if I had too, but it’s just not gonna be the bike I want it to be.

I recently built up a 5010, and it’s definitely not my slope bike, but that’s okay. Horses for courses, I’ve accepted not every bike I own is going to table top like a sub 30 slopey. But if you do build up the Enduro SX, post some pics!!

Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 10:53 Quote
I think that's a pretty common set up. I know quit a few people who have had Enduro SXs and used them as mini trail bikes. One of my friends runs his as a mini mullet with a ~120mm fork and a 27.5 wheel up front. He says its an absolute blast.

I just bought one from a guy who had a full 11spd drivetrain and a dual-position 120/150 Revelation up front for on-the-fly travel adjustment (kinda like the old Fox Talas) (lookin to sell the fork if you're interested).
photo

This guy built one up a while ago and got Vital B.O.D with a 140mm fork on it. You can see it looks a bit slacked out but I think you can get used to it. https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Robbie420,33442/setup,45744

People (including me) have been riding slope bikes as mini trail bikes for a while and they're a blast. If you're looking to build one up, the Enduro SX is probably the best one to do it with.

Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
I have a slopeduro bike that I ride at the local lift access bike park that is pretty tame and very sandy and not much braking bumps

It works great, the dropper is ideal for the pedal across the top

Now that being said it isnt the bike I would ride at a proper set of jumps its fine and can do it but just not as agile as a bike without that stuff- which really shouldn’t bother me because I don’t really do any tricks but it takes a bit of the fun out of it

You could do Aline or dirt merchant but those type of trails I think are better on a dh bike because you want to ride all day for like 5 days in a row if your on vacation there and on a slope bike it just wears you out more

Edit: no opinion on the xc trail part of things other than xc is lame just dont ride it haha

Posted: Dec 26, 2023 at 7:18 Quote
I still plan on grabbing an SX and doing a low weight mini-mullet 27.5/26 120/100 build on it. Should be a hoot for DS racing, bike park jump lines and general shenanigans.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018661
Mobile Version of Website