tom666 wrote:
goonrider wrote:
my new build
2010 transition double

Fab

That thing is HOT Drool

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 14:43 Quote
Boyk1182 wrote:
Has anyone put a Fox Air Volume Spacer in their RP23 on their Double? I can't get the shock right.. If I set the pressure so the sag is correct, it bottoms out on everything. If I set the pressure to take a decent sized hit, there's almost no sag (so no sensitivity).

I ordered the spacer kit from Fox, and was wondering what size spacer would make the suspension more progressive (not too much, but just right). Stock, the compression ratio is 3.0. With the small spacer, it will be 3.4, and with the medium spacer, 4.0. The large spacer is not recommended by Fox.

I'll likely try the medium first and post the results on here if anyone's interested. Thanks!

edit:
This is what I'm referring to:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-How-to-Install-a-Fox-Air-Volume-Spacer-2011.html

Hey, did you end up doing this? What is full of win?

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 16:10 Quote
Circes wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:
Has anyone put a Fox Air Volume Spacer in their RP23 on their Double? I can't get the shock right.. If I set the pressure so the sag is correct, it bottoms out on everything. If I set the pressure to take a decent sized hit, there's almost no sag (so no sensitivity).

I ordered the spacer kit from Fox, and was wondering what size spacer would make the suspension more progressive (not too much, but just right). Stock, the compression ratio is 3.0. With the small spacer, it will be 3.4, and with the medium spacer, 4.0. The large spacer is not recommended by Fox.

I'll likely try the medium first and post the results on here if anyone's interested. Thanks!

edit:
This is what I'm referring to:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-How-to-Install-a-Fox-Air-Volume-Spacer-2011.html

Hey, did you end up doing this? What is full of win?

Yea I put the medium sized spacer in. It's 10x better now, I run about 20 less psi and it still bottoms out less than it did before. I'd recommend it if your shock bottoms easily, takes like 5 min to install and takes no tools.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 1:42 Quote
is it possible to run a double single speed without tensioners?

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 10:24 Quote
You'd have to run a bunch of stupid shit, like a guide and tensioner and maybe ghost rings on the back, too much hassle.

you could try just taking off all the cabling and shit and just leaving the derailleur there as a tensioner.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
jerrylouhenapessy wrote:

I'm going to say no...

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 15:35 Quote
tom666 wrote:
jerrylouhenapessy wrote:

I'm going to say no...

Considering I have lost my chain, on bottom out, with a tensioner,I don't think it would be a good idea.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 19:18 Quote
new paint job
sorry for the bad pic but what does everyone think

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 20:46 Quote
That looks sweet.. I wanted to do mine in flat black originally, but I ended up liking the raw. Did you powdercoat or paint?

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 20:53 Quote
Boyk1182 wrote:
That looks sweet.. I wanted to do mine in flat black originally, but I ended up liking the raw. Did you powdercoat or paint?
I ended up with powdercoat

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 16:33 Quote
Transition Double

My new Transition Double

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
Go cut your steerer tube, then I'll fave it.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 19:46 Quote
Anyone on here with an RP23 use the Propedal for dirtjumping? I've been using it in the stiffest setting (3) and it's basically locked out while you're leaving the lip, just want to make sure I'm not going to blow it up. I've met others who do it too with no problems, anyone on here ever do it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018205
Mobile Version of Website