Powered by Outside

Teh Ultimate-Kool-Kids Bahr!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Teh Ultimate-Kool-Kids Bahr!
Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
terri- wrote:
who sells them back to the bookstore? That's like the stupidest idea ever... We have a students booksale here in Lethbridge - basically you drop off your books on a set date and set a price. Than the people running it will sell them in a makeshift bookstore over the next week. They get to keep 10% of the price you set. Any unsold books get returned.

I keep old notes - but have never looked back on them, and the only textbooks I have ever really looked back on are German, and ones that were fun to read (so I keep them). All the rest are a waste of space.
But its so much easier to just take them back to the campus shop and get like 75% of what you paid back or whatever it is.
how is it much easier? Either way I'm just dropping off my books. And you get from about 25% to 50% here if you return them to the store.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:24 Quote
No one will be buying books in another year or two anyways. So what does it matter.

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
samnation wrote:
No one will be buying books in another year or two anyways. So what does it matter.

why not? It seems like the Universities are pushing for more and more books.. it used to be like a book or two a class... now some classes are calling for 5 or 6.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
samnation wrote:

why not?

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
I haz the day off tomorrow Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
My mom works for a bookstore at a university and there is a company in Germany that makes basically a photocopier for books so that students can get all the information they need at a fraction of the cost basically all you will pay is part of the copyright and the cost to produce then profit which is a lot cheaper than binding and all that. However getting rights to books is proving difficult as you can;'t simply tell a publisher you are going to photocopy a book so right now there are only select books they can do but that will change. But the cost of "books" will drop drastically as this becomes popular.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
timlake wrote:

but then you don't get paid unless you're on salary.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
samnation wrote:
timlake wrote:

I don't get paid at college anyway Smile

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
I'd rather have a book than a photocopied books. Most of the cost of University books is the rights anyways... we already have basically photocopied books - 100 pages long yet they can be like $60 - the University makes them. They are no cheaper than a normal textbook... and the formatiing is horrible because they have all these photocopied things and the fonts aren't the same from chapter to chapter and they just suck.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
timlake wrote:
samnation wrote:
timlake wrote:

OH hahaha I thought you meant work.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
samnation wrote:
timlake wrote:
samnation wrote:

Haha. Yeahh I get all wednesday off 'cos my timetable is brilliant!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
timlake wrote:
samnation wrote:
timlake wrote:

I hate you. Razz

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
timlake wrote:

I used to get every morning off.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
gabor wrote:
I hate you. Razz

I'm the only one outta my group of freinds that has it off. I make sure they remember every day of the week. Mainly by saying what you doing Wednesday, then saying 'oh right, i'm gonna be in bed' Ha!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
I should be getting my new light tomorrow! And hopefully my new helmet will be in. Then I'm going to save for the Reign X frame. And maybe buy the new Saint. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.079644
Mobile Version of Website