All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 13:23 Quote
[Quote="code26"]
mikaeljc wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
Just picked up this meta am 29 frame. Had a 180mm boxxer laying around and thought it would be a fun combo. Waiting on a BB and need to swap tires and it will be ready to ride.

Nice! Go ahead and cut the travel restrictor in the shock so you have 170mm.

Does this mean a 230mm x 65mm shock will work? (Meta SX) In turn offering 170mm travel..
Would like to throw a coil on it..
I cannot answer for the SX but on the AM 29 a 65 stroke has plenty of clearance.

Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 15:19 Quote
Wondering if anyone has a meta power sx with Bosch cx motor and can provide any thoughts or opinions on the bike? Seems to be limited information so far?

Posted: Dec 10, 2023 at 1:34 Quote
[Quote="mikaeljc"]
code26 wrote:
I cannot answer for the SX but on the AM 29 a 65 stroke has plenty of clearance.

Good to know. Tnx

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 8:28 Quote
[Quote="pakleni"]
mikaeljc wrote:
code26 wrote:

Good to know. Tnx

I would add; due to the SX having longer chainstays and a smaller back wheel, this should not be a problem. Frame linkage looks to have plenty of clearance for a little more squish.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 8:34 Quote
Mrhaboobi wrote:
Wondering if anyone has a meta power sx with Bosch cx motor and can provide any thoughts or opinions on the bike? Seems to be limited information so far?

I have both the AM 29 and the SX Bosch, both are amazing bikes, but I can truthfully only comment on the nuances between the two. So if you are coming from an AM 29, I could be helpful.

Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 12:50 Quote
Mrhaboobi wrote:

I have a 2022 Meta SX V4 and recently purchased a Meta Power SX Bosch last August and was super happy with the performance. It was running great until a few weeks ago that I hit a drop to flat and after the landing the motor stopped working. the mode light turned orange and the app shows error code 523001. you can still hear the motor activate and moving parts inside but there is no asstance to the peddals. I Reached out to Commencal USA and they said the following:

(January, 04,2024)
This issue sounds like the same issue that has cropped on multiple customer bikes within the last week. We reached out to our contacts at Bosch after hearing about this issue for the first time last week.
Here’s what they had to say: “When it comes to the error code, When jumping several times in a row, it seems the e-bike’s acceleration sensor sees a different acceleration value for a few seconds due to gravity. The error code can be cleared by turning the unit off and then on again. (This won’t affect the life of the system.) Our software team is working on a solution for this; we expect it to be released in a forthcoming software update. As with all smart system e-bikes, the software can be updated via the eBike Flow app or through a Bosch eBike Systems dealer.”

I did the update and did not worked, now I will have to travel a few hundred miles to a certified bosch dealer for further assessment.

If I could do it all over again I would purchase an ebike brand with local support.

Posted: Jan 27, 2024 at 16:10 Quote
Has anyone reduced the travel on the meta from 170 to 160 on the front? Curious how it rides and how much it changes the head angle? This bike is too much bike for me and I may be stuck with it for a little while. I am seeing if I can make it a little more trail oriented by reducing the travel, I am going to also change out the dh casing tire in the back as I’m sure that is not helping.. especially on the climbs.. although I have zero issues climbing this beast on big rides.

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 20:14 Quote
sixohfourx wrote:
Has anyone reduced the travel on the meta from 170 to 160 on the front? Curious how it rides and how much it changes the head angle? This bike is too much bike for me and I may be stuck with it for a little while. I am seeing if I can make it a little more trail oriented by reducing the travel, I am going to also change out the dh casing tire in the back as I’m sure that is not helping.. especially on the climbs.. although I have zero issues climbing this beast on big rides.

Depending on what year model you're riding it should only change by about 1°, but if you wish to remedy the steeper head angle Works comp. has a great selection of angle adjust headset cups. I run a -2° on my 2020 Signature with stock travel just because I felt the stock 65.5° was too steep for what I ride regularly.

Hope this can help

Thomas G
Aus.

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 10:40 Quote
thomas-grew10bore-mtb wrote:
sixohfourx wrote:

Depending on what year model you're riding it should only change by about 1°, but if you wish to remedy the steeper head angle Works comp. has a great selection of angle adjust headset cups. I run a -2° on my 2020 Signature with stock travel just because I felt the stock 65.5° was too steep for what I ride regularly.

Hope this can help

Thomas G
Aus.

I got the 2020 also. How did you find the bike was after bumping down the fork to 160mm?

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 17:37 Quote
sixohfourx wrote:
sixohfourx wrote:

Hope this can help

Thomas G
Aus.

I got the 2020 also. How did you find the bike was after bumping down the fork to 160mm?

I haven't been running 160mm, I'm still running 170mm. It really wouldn't make that much difference when you think about it, especially as it's just a big long bike, in a perfect world you'd be better off moving down to a TR or similar bike.

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 19:56 Quote
I've been running 160mm forks (DVO Diamond, Cane Creek Helm) on my 2020, but on the contrary of your situation, I just got a 170mm Ohlins to make it a bit higher/slacker. There was nothing wrong with the actual 160mm setup, but I felt like those 10mm more would make it pretty much perfect. Either way, it's not a deal breaker in my opinion.

Also, the axle-to-crown measurements very from one brand to another. My Helm at 160mm was 568mm long and the DVO was 572mm, while the 170mm Ohlins is 590mm. For 10mm more travel, that's 18-22mm added fork length, depending of the forks. It can make quite a difference if you end up losing 22mm, but in my case, I was happy to bring the BB up a bit and slacken the head angle a degree or so.

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 12:05 Quote
sixohfourx wrote:

Hope this can help

Thomas G
Aus.

I haven't been running 160mm, I'm still running 170mm. It really wouldn't make that much difference when you think about it, especially as it's just a big long bike, in a perfect world you'd be better off moving down to a TR or similar bike.

I am stuck with the bike for now but I did order a MRP progressive spring for the rear, excited to try that out! The next bike I want is the transition smuggler or scout. Will see what the future holds for me. Thanks again for the information!

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 12:06 Quote
deciduous wrote:
I've been running 160mm forks (DVO Diamond, Cane Creek Helm) on my 2020, but on the contrary of your situation, I just got a 170mm Ohlins to make it a bit higher/slacker. There was nothing wrong with the actual 160mm setup, but I felt like those 10mm more would make it pretty much perfect. Either way, it's not a deal breaker in my opinion.

Also, the axle-to-crown measurements very from one brand to another. My Helm at 160mm was 568mm long and the DVO was 572mm, while the 170mm Ohlins is 590mm. For 10mm more travel, that's 18-22mm added fork length, depending of the forks. It can make quite a difference if you end up losing 22mm, but in my case, I was happy to bring the BB up a bit and slacken the head angle a degree or so.

I appreciate the information. I may try to grab a 160mm air spring and see what it’s like.

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 18:07 Quote
Thought I would make a post for anyone looking to put a progressive spring on the meta am 29. I have a 2020 Meta am 29 with a Rockshox superdeluxe ultimate, I put a MRP 450 progressive spring on the bike and it feels MUCH better. it is more poppy/playful and doesn't bottom out on small features. It made the bike more fun to ride for me. I weigh about 182-185 LBS with gear on also!

Posted: Feb 21, 2024 at 2:25 Quote
I'm so so much tempted to buy a coil shock for mine, but I don't know how smart it is to 8nvest 500, 600 or more on 3 years old bike (and I'm aware that within one year I'll have to buy the new wheelset)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011657
Mobile Version of Website