Powered by Outside

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:42 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
I got some footage of it yesterday. Should be up in a little bit. Super fun trail. You guys really killed it on that one.

Can't wait to see it!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 7:08 Quote
The race today and watching crankworx yesterday had me thinking....an Air Dh style race down the Gronk would be amazing.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
I'm (hopefully) visiting the mountain for the first time this coming Sunday. And have a couple of questions.

I see on the website that the lift opens at 9 am.

How early does the ticket office open?
How early should I get there to stand in line for a ticket?
Can i buy a lift ticket online?
Do I need to print and sign a waiver ahead of time?

Any general notes or suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
If you get there at 9 you'll most likely be riding up the lift at 9:10. They have the waiver on the computer now so you only have to fill it out once. Takes 30 seconds.

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
Me and 2 friends will be at thunder this friday! Cant wait to be there looks amazing

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
Went there this past Monday, was awesome. Usually ride mountain creek, and the flowy trails at thunder were on another level. One thing I wish they had more of were open drops and jumps like covenant drop or the u kicker at mountain Creek. Although, an employee there was saying how they had lots more building to do which is exciting. Will definitely be going back soon. The trail crews are doing a great job.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 12:02 Quote
ThunderPatrol wrote:
There are nice campgrounds within 2 miles of the mountain. Policy on onsite camping still undecided. There are many close neighbors that management is being very respectful of.

Most of those campgrounds fill up quickly. Plan ahead. This weekend is also the Deerfield river festival in Charlemont adding to the campgrounds use. The festival is pretty lame comparatively but has some limited on site camping available and will be at the fairgrounds.
My wife and I will be boating Saturday and riding Thunder Mountain Sunday.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 14:48 Quote
Going to be at Thunder tomorrow in the afternoon. Anyone got a report on conditions? Dry? Mountain Creek was very dusty on Saturday...

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
We got a little rain Monday night into early Tuesday, but it is still pretty dry.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
ThunderPatrol wrote:
We got a little rain Monday night into early Tuesday, but it is still pretty dry.

Cool, thanks. Should be fun...tup

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 20:14 Quote
Hello all,

I usually go to HMBP and now i discover your mountain. How does it compare to HMBP ? Ive read That cell phone are not working at the mountain or in The area is That true ? I need it 24/7 for my job.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
myanh wrote:
Hello all,

I usually go to HMBP and now i discover your mountain. How does it compare to HMBP ? Ive read That cell phone are not working at the mountain or in The area is That true ? I need it 24/7 for my job.

Cell coverage works great from the top, but spotty at the bottom (I have AT&T and that works on 80% of the mountain. there is wifi though out the base area, if that helps). I usually pick up a good signal 5 minutes into the lift ride…which leaves 10 minutes for texting awesome selfies of my smiling, dusty and or muddy face to my jealous friends and family members.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.788790
Mobile Version of Website