Post your All Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your All Mountain bike!
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
also 2.8” tires...hmm

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
fredro wrote:
Tough to believe that Uzzi is sub 30 LBS.

Any scale shots?

Impressive if so.

twonsarelli wrote:
agreed! my new bike weighs 33. what is going on

26” makes a big weight difference. Wheels & tires alone can all be about 150-200g lighter a piece over 29”, so you are talking 1.5 pounds lighter over an identical 29” build just by going 26”. That’s also not factoring in a more compact fork.

My Uzzi was like 32lbs with a steel coil shock and heavy alloy cranks, wheels, bars

I don’t doubt it would be well under 30 if I were running his build with carbon bling & air shock.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
Aluminum frame and front der., also 2.8 tires is still heavy. I saw the scale shots, and don’t think someone would go through the hassle of faking it. It’s impressive to have a long travel bike under 29lbs.

Kudos to the builder

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
fredro wrote:
Aluminum frame and front der., also 2.8 tires is still heavy. I saw the scale shots, and don’t think someone would go through the hassle of faking it. It’s impressive to have a long travel bike under 29lbs.

Kudos to the builder

29 pounds with a really Gucci build though- including a carbon fiber dropper post.

Also remember, it’s an aluminum frame from Intense’s premium made in the USA pre-carbon days. Those old aluminum frames were really not overly heavy, probably about the same weight as many modern carbon enduro frames are now.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
Swapped the cassettes and chains for better color matching =-)
photo

photo

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
28.8lbs as it sits.

So the frame is a little on the old side, but everything else is either new or relatively new. And I still love it. Burly and light at only 28.8lbs as it sits. More pics and build info here.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Faster-Than-U,27599/setup,23252

What's that thing by your cranks? Chain guide? I bet it's that new STFU isn't it?? lol

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
28.8lbs as it sits.

So the frame is a little on the old side, but everything else is either new or relatively new. And I still love it. Burly and light at only 28.8lbs as it sits. More pics and build info here.

What's that thing by your cranks? Chain guide? I bet it's that new STFU isn't it?? lol

I still have a 2x 11 that I ride, 650b, so I am worse. I love it

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
So you have like another lever on the left? What about the dropper man!!!!

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
So you have like another lever on the left? What about the dropper man!!!!

Thomson

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
fredro wrote:
Tough to believe that Uzzi is sub 30 LBS.

Any scale shots?

Impressive if so.

Yep, if you check the vital link, it has a scale shot and build info. It’s ledgit.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
fredro wrote:

Kudos to the builder

Just got back on. Thanks bro. tup

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
fredro wrote:

Kudos to the builder

29 pounds with a really Gucci build though- including a carbon fiber dropper post.

Also remember, it’s an aluminum frame from Intense’s premium made in the USA pre-carbon days. Those old aluminum frames were really not overly heavy, probably about the same weight as many modern carbon enduro frames are now.

The frame and shock weight is 8.3lbs if my memory serves me right.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
28.8lbs as it sits.

lol I need a middle finger emoji.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
28.8lbs as it sits.

Me too! Super wide range so I can take the steep climbs at my leisure and save my gas tank for the DH. Beer

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

Me too! Super wide range so I can take the steep climbs at my leisure and save my gas tank for the DH. Beer

For me it’s the chain line on this particular bike. Smooth in the gears I use most. Full XT with the best front mech they make. All can be had for pittance. Best 2x ever made (lol).

Anyway we best cease before we get annihilated by the transmission police

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.917849
Mobile Version of Website