Worlds lightest 4x bike: are there any lighter than mine?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Worlds lightest 4x bike: are there any lighter than mine?
Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
stryke wrote:
not to mention you must be entering some pretty terrible 4x races if they let you race with singlespeed and 1 brake

The entire national series over here allows you to ride whatever you want, 24 or 26. Only stipulations are a fullface and bar ends.

Most of the UK tracks are glorified BMX tracks anyway.

Obviously the pro elite riders are 2 brakes and gears etc, but for the rest of the categories, in which a lot of my friends ride for a laugh, are a full mix of bikes: its here that the single brake, single speed, even last year rigid and street slick tyres have won.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:34 Quote
they let you ride 4x with 1 brake and singlespeed? thats impressive

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
stryke wrote:
one brake is questionable but why not singlespeed? some people prefer it

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
stryke wrote:

I consistantly see singlespeed riders matching those with gears out of the gate (Not at prop elite level, as stated before)

And yeah, one brake still stops you doesnt it. The only advantage 2 brakes give is that it will allow you to brake later and harder, therefore technically speeding you up? Brakeless obviously is stupid and not allowed, but one brake is more than enough to ride for Fun..

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
stryke wrote:

i dont mind at all, its just im used to the rules saying the 4x bikes have to be geared and have 2 brakes

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:46 Quote
stryke wrote:
almightybenners wrote:
stryke wrote:

i dont mind at all, its just im used to the rules saying the 4x bikes have to be geared and have 2 brakes

Sounds silly to me Razz

Much more embarrassing if you lose to a single speed dj'er on your super light expensive 4x rig...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/36438_10150211676090562_500285561_13248505_6088086_n.jpg
He won the U18 cat last year at redhill Smile

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
I can see 2 brakes being mandatory for safety regulations but I don't see how gears could be a requirement

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
Identiti-bikes wrote:
timlake wrote:
Identiti-bikes wrote:
erm, mate no idear what you on but i waighed it so i think i no

Wow, thats 2 epic posts in as many minutes. Congrats on making my night.

You say you think you know? I think you should re-evaluate that knowledge.
I don't care if you 'waighed' it, and I have no 'idear' how you got 23lbs. But NO FRIGGIN WAY is that 23lbs.
you saying my bikes crap?

hate to break your bubble , i have felt it and its darn light....

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:42 Quote
freerideipswich wrote:
Identiti-bikes wrote:
timlake wrote:

Wow, thats 2 epic posts in as many minutes. Congrats on making my night.

You say you think you know? I think you should re-evaluate that knowledge.
I don't care if you 'waighed' it, and I have no 'idear' how you got 23lbs. But NO FRIGGIN WAY is that 23lbs.

O God dont start this again. That identiti IS NOT 23lb, let alone 21. Just because he says your bike isnt that light, in no way whatsoever reflects that he may think your bike is crap. Just because its light doesnt make it good.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:44 Quote
ridinfree0freeridin wrote:
freerideipswich wrote:
Identiti-bikes wrote:

O God dont start this again. That identiti IS NOT 23lb, let alone 21. Just because he says your bike isnt that light, in no way whatsoever reflects that he may think your bike is crap. Just because its light doesnt make it good.

whow , its not even my bike ....

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
Why bring it up. I know its not your bike, I was referring to identiti-bikes comment about his bike being crap.

Either way that bike isnt 23, and you saying its darn light just means you have no knowlegde of truly high spec light builds and/or have never felt one. I'm pretty confident in stating that the Identiti in question weighs closer to 33lb than 23.

Posted: May 7, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
Just remember its one thing having a light bike, and another having a strong light bike. Personally i wouldn't feel comfortable on a bike like yours, but thats just me im not a dare devil, i like to have a good sense of security Razz , not hating or anything.

EDIT: Although went through your spec list again and you bike looks alright strength wise, still wouldn't ride it myself though Smile . But ive seen some people put like rock shock SIDs and stuff and its insane.

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 2:57 Quote
Only thing on my bike i would change for strength would be the front hub and rims, but currently theyre strong enough for me, so meh Smile And even changing them would only add 2/3 of a lb, so your still looking at a 22lb build completely solid Razz

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 3:19 Quote
Sounds silly to me Razz

Much more embarrassing if you lose to a single speed dj'er on your super light expensive 4x rig...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/36438_10150211676090562_500285561_13248505_6088086_n.jpg
He won the U18 cat last year at redhill Smile

Wow you've managed to whore that pic around in practically every 4X thread on here. Well done. Btw winning the "Fun categories" is a joke and should not be considered real 4X.

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 3:46 Quote
Only thing on my bike i would change for strength would be the front hub and rims, but currently theyre strong enough for me, so meh Smile And even changing them would only add 2/3 of a lb, so your still looking at a 22lb build completely solid Razz

I dont think id change a single thing on my bike to make it stronger, maybe EQ 31's instead of 29's to make it bombproof but i dont think ill need better then 29's Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011438
Mobile Version of Website