40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 16:25 Quote
re post from the 20in thread.
So I Finally got to jump back on 20in bmx since 1984. Things have definitely changed in the sport. I figured i would head out and check out a local skate/bmx park. a kid came up and asked to ride my bike I said yea take it for spin do a few tricks. there was one other bmx guy there and he didn't even come up to me or look me in the face. the guy i let ride my bike was steady on his iphone and had the most blank look on his face. forums, text messaging and cellphones have really changed how humans interact. anyway had a blast but my back is messed up from a 180 gone wrong.I know there is no way to bring back human interaction but i did notice the really young kids still interacted on a human level.

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
flexte wrote:
re post from the 20in thread.
So I Finally got to jump back on 20in bmx since 1984. Things have definitely changed in the sport. I figured i would head out and check out a local skate/bmx park. a kid came up and asked to ride my bike I said yea take it for spin do a few tricks. there was one other bmx guy there and he didn't even come up to me or look me in the face. the guy i let ride my bike was steady on his iphone and had the most blank look on his face. forums, text messaging and cellphones have really changed how humans interact. anyway had a blast but my back is messed up from a 180 gone wrong.I know there is no way to bring back human interaction but i did notice the really young kids still interacted on a human level.
face book and other social media, text messaging is what is now considered human contact. It's really sad when I used to ride freestyle/BMX in the 80's & 90's it was a lot different. Used to interact help each other learn new tricks. Now it's cell phones and xbox

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 18:21 Quote
2 weeks and my back is almost better. Landing a 180 on a bmx with my legs stiff almost did me in.

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 12:18 Quote
Recently broken my wrist,elbow and hand. 3 weeks into a 12 week recovery program and already itching to go ride,guess I'm too old to change!

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
So this is where the rest of the "old" guys are. 44 years old here.

After 10 years riding road, I'm back on the dirt. Took my boys (8 and 9 yo) to Whistler this summer for the first time. Wide eyes for them, huge smiles for me. Spent a week riding, laughing, and hanging out with friends and family.

Needless to say, they both have new bikes now and want to ride whenever they can. And I'm picking up a new to me DH bike this week.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
Welcome to the right side of the bike world.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 12:57 Quote
welcome to the dark side of the bike world...

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 15:03 Quote
I have 368 days till I can join this prestigious group of riders....

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 20:34 Quote
Thanks guys. It's good to be back.

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
I didnt even know this forum existed.

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 7:13 Quote
fredro wrote:
Welcome bro

Cheers dude

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 8:32 Quote
And we got all the good bikes! Wink

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
minty1 wrote:

i only got half a one at the moment, I9 are taking an age to get me wheels built!!!!

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 15:41 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
minty1 wrote:

i only got half a one at the moment, I9 are taking an age to get me wheels built!!!!
what spokes do they use? Easy to get if needed?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013656
Mobile Version of Website